English Release 20-August 2014
- Min of Defence
- Port Call INS Sahyadri at Manila, Philippines
- Ministry of Finance
- Public Comments sought on Draft of Forward Contracts (Regulation) (Intermediaries) Rules, 2014
- Min of New and Renewable Energy
- PM to Dedicate 765 kV Ranchi-Dharamjaygarh-Sipat Inter-Regional Transmission Line ;
- Prime Minister to Dedicate Mouda Super Thermal Power Project to the Nation in Nagpur Tomorrow
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- ACC Appointment
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket decreased to US$ 99.94 per bbl on 19.08.2014
Ministry of Defence13-July, 2012 13:57 IST
|AGNI I Ballistic Missile Successfully Launched
|India’s 700 km range ballistic missile, ‘AGNI I’ was successfully launched today from the wheeler island off the coast of Odisha. It was a textbook launch meeting all mission objectives and the missile reached the target point in the Bay of Bengal following the prescribed trajectory. The missile was launched from Road Mobile Launcher System and was tracked by Radar and Telemetry stations located along the coastline. Two Naval Ships located near the target point tracked the missile in the terminal phase of the Flight. |
Indigenously developed by DRDO the missile is already in the arsenal of Indian Armed Forces and was launched by the Strategic Forces Command as part of training exercise to ensure preparedness.
The Launch was witnessed by Dr. Vijay Kumar Saraswat, SA to RM, Secretary Department of Defence Research &Development& DG DRDO, Shri AvinashChander, Scientist & CC R&D (Missiles & Strategic Systems) and Programme Director AGNI, Dr. J Chattopadhyaya, Project Director and Shri MVKV Prasad, Director ITR and senior officials from DRDO and the armed forces.
DrSaraswat congratulated all the Scientists and employees of DRDO and the Armed forces for the successful launch.
Defence Minister Shri A K Antony has congratulated the DRDO team on the successful launch of Agni I.
(Release ID :85326)