English Release 23-April 2014
- Election Commission
Overall Facts at A Glance of 6th Polling Day on 24th April, 2014
- Facts at a Glance: Jammu & Kashmir (6th Poll Day)
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Production Performance of Oil & Natural Gas sector for the month of March, 2014
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket increased to US$ 107.08 per bbl on 22.4.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- Mobile and Desktop APP on Windows 8.0 for National Train Enquiry System (NTES) Commenced
Ministry of Railways09-August, 2012 16:18 IST
|Railways to set up Bio-Diesel Plants|
|Indian Railways have decided to set up four bio-diesel esterification plants for production of bio-diesel. Further, solar photovoltaic (PV) modules and wind mill power plants are generally provided based on the availability of adequate sunlight required speed and density of wind, techno commercial considerations and availability of fund.|
The first two bio-diesel esterification plants of capacity of 30 tonnes of bio-diesel per day are being set up at Tondiarpet and Raipur at the cost of Rs. 29.99 crore and Rs. 29.98 crore respectively. The locations for the remaining two plants are under finalization.
Raipur and Tondiarpet bio-diesel esterification plants are expected to be commissioned by 2013. Solar PV modules and wind mill power plants are likely to be operational within next two-three years time subject to availability of funds.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Railways Shri K. H. Muniyappa in written reply to a question in Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :85870)