English Release 24-October 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM salutes our brave ITBP personnel on the Raising Day of ITBP
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 83.61 per bbl on 23.10.2014
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India’s Performance at 2nd Asian Para Games 2014 on 22nd and 23rd October, 2014
- Min of Urban Development
- Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu adopts Hudhud cyclone ravaged village of Andhra Pradesh for rehabilitation
Ministry of Railways09-August, 2012 16:18 IST
|Railways to set up Bio-Diesel Plants|
|Indian Railways have decided to set up four bio-diesel esterification plants for production of bio-diesel. Further, solar photovoltaic (PV) modules and wind mill power plants are generally provided based on the availability of adequate sunlight required speed and density of wind, techno commercial considerations and availability of fund.|
The first two bio-diesel esterification plants of capacity of 30 tonnes of bio-diesel per day are being set up at Tondiarpet and Raipur at the cost of Rs. 29.99 crore and Rs. 29.98 crore respectively. The locations for the remaining two plants are under finalization.
Raipur and Tondiarpet bio-diesel esterification plants are expected to be commissioned by 2013. Solar PV modules and wind mill power plants are likely to be operational within next two-three years time subject to availability of funds.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Railways Shri K. H. Muniyappa in written reply to a question in Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :85870)