English Release 1-February 2015
- President's Secretariat
- President of India congratulates Leander Paes for winning the Australian Open Mixed Doubles title
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM congratulates Indian Tennis Player, Leander Paes on the Mixed Doubles win at Australian Open
- PM salutes coast guard personnel on 38th Raising Day of Indian Coast Guard
- Department of Space
- Indian Space scientists working on new breakthroughs: Dr. Jitendra Singh
- Min of Culture
- The 17th Bharat Rang Mahotsav organized by NSD begins
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Centre closely monitoring situation on H1N1, all assistance extended to states: Sh J P Nadda
- Min of Social Justice & Empowerment
- Raahgiri Day for the Persons with Disabilities Held
Ministry of Railways09-August, 2012 16:18 IST
|Railways to set up Bio-Diesel Plants|
|Indian Railways have decided to set up four bio-diesel esterification plants for production of bio-diesel. Further, solar photovoltaic (PV) modules and wind mill power plants are generally provided based on the availability of adequate sunlight required speed and density of wind, techno commercial considerations and availability of fund.|
The first two bio-diesel esterification plants of capacity of 30 tonnes of bio-diesel per day are being set up at Tondiarpet and Raipur at the cost of Rs. 29.99 crore and Rs. 29.98 crore respectively. The locations for the remaining two plants are under finalization.
Raipur and Tondiarpet bio-diesel esterification plants are expected to be commissioned by 2013. Solar PV modules and wind mill power plants are likely to be operational within next two-three years time subject to availability of funds.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Railways Shri K. H. Muniyappa in written reply to a question in Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :85870)