English Release 17-April 2014
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Addresses at Golden Jubilee and 48th Convocation of the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- Commerce Secretary to Lead High-Level Delegation to India Show in Hong Kong
- Min of Defence
Indian Air Force Placement Cell (IAFPC) and Monster India Collaborate to Foster Job Opportunities for Retired Air Warriors
Admiral RK Dhowan PVSM, AVSM, YSM
- Admiral RK Dhowan Appointed the New CNS
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket increased to US$ 107.50 per bbl on 16.4.2014
- Ministry of Railways
Commodity-Wise Freight Revenue Earnings During Fiscal 2013-14
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Storage of Important Reservoirs in the Country (As on 27 March 2014)
Ministry of Railways09-August, 2012 16:18 IST
|Railways to set up Bio-Diesel Plants|
|Indian Railways have decided to set up four bio-diesel esterification plants for production of bio-diesel. Further, solar photovoltaic (PV) modules and wind mill power plants are generally provided based on the availability of adequate sunlight required speed and density of wind, techno commercial considerations and availability of fund.|
The first two bio-diesel esterification plants of capacity of 30 tonnes of bio-diesel per day are being set up at Tondiarpet and Raipur at the cost of Rs. 29.99 crore and Rs. 29.98 crore respectively. The locations for the remaining two plants are under finalization.
Raipur and Tondiarpet bio-diesel esterification plants are expected to be commissioned by 2013. Solar PV modules and wind mill power plants are likely to be operational within next two-three years time subject to availability of funds.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Railways Shri K. H. Muniyappa in written reply to a question in Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :85870)