English Release 20-May 2013
- Prime Minister's Office
- Media Statement by Prime Minister during the State Visit of Chinese Premier H.E. Li Keqiang to India
- Min of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution
- National Consumer Helpline Records 12,590 Calls in April, 2013
- Min of Defence
- NCC Cadets
Scaled Mount Everest
- Min of Earth Science
- LS Rathore Elected as Member of Executive Council of WMO
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- India and United Kingdom Sign MOU on cooperation in Health sector
- Min of Home Affairs
- Anti-Terrorism Day to be Observed on 21st May
- Min of New and Renewable Energy
- Revision of Guidelines For JNNSM
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- International crude oil price of Indian Basket Moves up
to 101.96/US$ bbl on 17.5.2013
- Min of Power
- Transmission of Surplus Power to Power Deficit States
- Ministry of Railways
- Commodity-Wise Freight Traffic Earnings by Railways During April 2013
Ministry of Water Resources19-September, 2012 20:35 IST
|Ruling on Cauvery Waters After C R A Meeting |
|The 7th meeting of the Cauvery River Authority was held today under the Chairmanship of the Prime Minister. Chief Ministers of Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Puducherry were among the attendees. Kerala was represented by the Minister of Water Resources. |
In the meeting, the States raised the problems being faced by them because of less than expected rainfall and the consequent distress being caused to the farmers in the Cauvery basin.
After discussion, and based on the principle that distress needs to be shared among the basin States, the Prime Minister ruled that it was appropriate that Karnataka releases 9,000 cusecs of water daily from 20th September to 15th October 2012. It has been releasing 10,000 cusecs daily from 12th Sept on the directions of the Supreme Court.
The Cauvery Monitoring Committee shall review the position by 15th October 2012, so that appropriate releases beyond 15th October 2012 may be decided in consultation with the State Governments.
The matter may be brought before the CRA, if required.
(Release ID :87864)