English Release 29-August 2014
- President's Secretariat
President presents Sports and Adventure Awards
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM greets people on the occasion of Samvatsari
- PM's Departure Statement ahead of his visit to Japan
- PM pays tribute to legendary hockey player Dhyan Chand; congratulates award-winning sportspersons
- PM greets people on Ganesh Chaturthi
- Min of Agriculture
- Kharif Sowing Crosses 966 Lakh Hectare Mark
- Min of Civil Aviation
- Air India Day Felicitates its Employees
- Ministry of Finance
- Finance Ministry: Performance of the Economy in the First Quarter of the Financial Year 2014-15 ss Broadly on Expected Lines
1,84,68,000 Accounts Opened in more than 70000 Camps Under Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana ; Banks to hold such Camps on Weekly Basis, from 8 am to 8 pm on all saturdays to Achieve the Target of Covering Unbanked Households well in Time
- India Signs Loan Agreements with World Bank for
IDA Assistance of US $ 107 Million for Second Mizoram State Roads Project
- Change in Tariff Value of Crude Palm Oil, RBD Palm Oil, Others – Palm Oil, Crude Palmolein, RBD Palmolein, Others – Palmolein, Crude Soyabean Oil, Brass Scrap (All Grades), Poppy Seeds, Areca Nuts, Gold and Silver Notified
- India’s External Debt: A Status Report 2013-14 Released; India’s External Debt Stock Stood at US$ 440.6 Billion at end-March 2014, Increasing by US$ 31.2 Billion (7.6 per cent) Over the Level at end-March 2013
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- 887 passengers being tracked for Ebola Virus Disease
Integrated trauma support service on anvil
- Exclusivity of Central Government Health Scheme to be phased out
- Min of Home Affairs
- India-Israel Bilateral Cooperation
- Shri O.P. Singh assigned additional charge of DG, NDRF
- National Seminar on Promoting Peace and Harmony
- New Interlocutor for Naga Peace Talks
- Min of Labour & Employment
- National Consultative Workshop on “Industry-Career Centre –ITI Collaboration” organized
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh Felicitates UPSC recommended IAS Candidates
- ACC Appointments
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 101.07 per bbl on 28.08.2014
- Min of Shipping
- Delegation of Powers to States for Registration, Survey and Certification of Fishing Vessels
- Min of Statistics & Programme Implementation
- Estimates of Gross Domestic Product for the First Quarter (April-June) of 2014-15
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Storage Status of 85 Important Reservoirs of the Country as on August 28, 2014
- Min of Youth Affairs & Sports
- President Confers National Sports Awards – 2014
- Full Text of the Speech of Sarbananda Sonowal at a Function to Celebrate the National Sports Day
- Text of Speech of Sarbananda Sonowal at the National Consultation Workshop on ‘Industry- Career Centre- ITI Collaboration’
Planning Commission03-October, 2012 16:13 IST
|India and Austria Sign Agreement on Technology Cooperation
in the Shipping and Ports Infrastructure Sector |
|A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Technology Cooperation in the Shipping and Ports Infrastructure was signed today between India and Austria. The MoU was signed by Shri G. K. Vasan, Minister of Shipping with Mrs. Doris Bures, Austrian Federal Minister for Transport, Innovation & Technology in New Delhi. |
While welcoming the Austrian Minister, Shri Vasan recalled that traditionally, India – Austria relations have been warm and friendly. There has been regular exchange of high level visits between the two countries during which the special emphasis is put on strengthening economic and commercial cooperation and scientific cooperation.
Austria derives its importance by virtue of its active role in international organizations. With its central location in the heart of Europe and historical linkages and legacy with the countries of the region, Austria is also well placed to serve as a gateway to emerging market economies in Central & East Europe. Cutting edge technology is Austria's forte in several niche areas of interest to us, particularly in infrastructure.
Shipping continues to dominate as the world’s most efficient means of transportation and it is the endeavour of the Ministry of Shipping to take necessary initiatives to recognize, reward and promote quality whenever and wherever it is found within the industry.
New technologies for implementation of International Ship & Port Security code, use of radio frequency identification in logistics and transport planning and optical character recognition in terminals to speed up the processing of containers in and out are the areas where Austrian expertise could be utilized in India.
Realtime Kinematics (RTK) measurements of tides and currents for facilitations of berth to berth navigation in Gulf of Kutch and Gulf of Khambat could be developed with Austrian expertise.
Since more than 300km of Danube river in Austria is used for navigation purpose with a well-developed and regulated inland waterway system their experience and expertise in the field of Inland Water Transport would be beneficial to the development of Inland Water Transport in India.
The Minister also hoped that signing of the MoU will pave way for sharing appropriate know-how, scientific knowledge and research and development capabilities between the two countries. It will enable the Indian organizations in the Ports and Shipping Sectors to acquire latest knowledge and technology etc. from Austria.
(Release ID :88115)