English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi’s address at the ceremony held to rededicate, Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, in Mumbai
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Press Note
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh says Indian bureaucrats need constant re-orientation as they face new challenges every day
Planning Commission03-October, 2012 16:13 IST
|India and Austria Sign Agreement on Technology Cooperation
in the Shipping and Ports Infrastructure Sector |
|A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Technology Cooperation in the Shipping and Ports Infrastructure was signed today between India and Austria. The MoU was signed by Shri G. K. Vasan, Minister of Shipping with Mrs. Doris Bures, Austrian Federal Minister for Transport, Innovation & Technology in New Delhi. |
While welcoming the Austrian Minister, Shri Vasan recalled that traditionally, India – Austria relations have been warm and friendly. There has been regular exchange of high level visits between the two countries during which the special emphasis is put on strengthening economic and commercial cooperation and scientific cooperation.
Austria derives its importance by virtue of its active role in international organizations. With its central location in the heart of Europe and historical linkages and legacy with the countries of the region, Austria is also well placed to serve as a gateway to emerging market economies in Central & East Europe. Cutting edge technology is Austria's forte in several niche areas of interest to us, particularly in infrastructure.
Shipping continues to dominate as the world’s most efficient means of transportation and it is the endeavour of the Ministry of Shipping to take necessary initiatives to recognize, reward and promote quality whenever and wherever it is found within the industry.
New technologies for implementation of International Ship & Port Security code, use of radio frequency identification in logistics and transport planning and optical character recognition in terminals to speed up the processing of containers in and out are the areas where Austrian expertise could be utilized in India.
Realtime Kinematics (RTK) measurements of tides and currents for facilitations of berth to berth navigation in Gulf of Kutch and Gulf of Khambat could be developed with Austrian expertise.
Since more than 300km of Danube river in Austria is used for navigation purpose with a well-developed and regulated inland waterway system their experience and expertise in the field of Inland Water Transport would be beneficial to the development of Inland Water Transport in India.
The Minister also hoped that signing of the MoU will pave way for sharing appropriate know-how, scientific knowledge and research and development capabilities between the two countries. It will enable the Indian organizations in the Ports and Shipping Sectors to acquire latest knowledge and technology etc. from Austria.
(Release ID :88115)