English Release 22-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President’s Diwali greetings
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Greets People on Deepawali
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM's 2nd "Mann Ki Baat" programme on 2nd November
- PM shares the link of his page for Diwali wishes
- Min of Culture
- Former Chief Election Commissioner, Shri N Gopalaswami appointed as Chairman of Kalakshetra Foundation Chennai
- Min of Defence
- Update on Su-30 Accident
- Min of Human Resource Development
- Ministry of Human Resource Development Launches All India Survey on Higher Education (AISHE) 2014-15
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- Government to commemorate Sardar Patel’s birthday on October 31 as ‘Rashtriya Ekta Divas’.
- Min of Micro,Small & Medium Enterprises
- The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises gets ISO 9001: 2008 Certificate
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 83.73 per bbl on 21.10.2014
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India won 3 Medals at 2nd Asian Para Games 2014 on 21st October, 2014
Planning Commission03-October, 2012 16:13 IST
|India and Austria Sign Agreement on Technology Cooperation
in the Shipping and Ports Infrastructure Sector |
|A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Technology Cooperation in the Shipping and Ports Infrastructure was signed today between India and Austria. The MoU was signed by Shri G. K. Vasan, Minister of Shipping with Mrs. Doris Bures, Austrian Federal Minister for Transport, Innovation & Technology in New Delhi. |
While welcoming the Austrian Minister, Shri Vasan recalled that traditionally, India – Austria relations have been warm and friendly. There has been regular exchange of high level visits between the two countries during which the special emphasis is put on strengthening economic and commercial cooperation and scientific cooperation.
Austria derives its importance by virtue of its active role in international organizations. With its central location in the heart of Europe and historical linkages and legacy with the countries of the region, Austria is also well placed to serve as a gateway to emerging market economies in Central & East Europe. Cutting edge technology is Austria's forte in several niche areas of interest to us, particularly in infrastructure.
Shipping continues to dominate as the world’s most efficient means of transportation and it is the endeavour of the Ministry of Shipping to take necessary initiatives to recognize, reward and promote quality whenever and wherever it is found within the industry.
New technologies for implementation of International Ship & Port Security code, use of radio frequency identification in logistics and transport planning and optical character recognition in terminals to speed up the processing of containers in and out are the areas where Austrian expertise could be utilized in India.
Realtime Kinematics (RTK) measurements of tides and currents for facilitations of berth to berth navigation in Gulf of Kutch and Gulf of Khambat could be developed with Austrian expertise.
Since more than 300km of Danube river in Austria is used for navigation purpose with a well-developed and regulated inland waterway system their experience and expertise in the field of Inland Water Transport would be beneficial to the development of Inland Water Transport in India.
The Minister also hoped that signing of the MoU will pave way for sharing appropriate know-how, scientific knowledge and research and development capabilities between the two countries. It will enable the Indian organizations in the Ports and Shipping Sectors to acquire latest knowledge and technology etc. from Austria.
(Release ID :88115)