English Release 31-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Education will be the single biggest transformative factor in catapulting India into the league of developed nations, says President
- President of India congratulates Pankaj Advani on achieving 12th world title in Leeds
- President pays floral tributes to Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of PM’s address at 'Run For Unity' at Rajpath on the occasion of Rashtriya Ekta Diwas
- PM receives personal belongings of Sardar Patel, on his 139th birth anniversary
- Sidelights – Run For Unity Event at Rajpath, New Delhi
- PM flags off, joins Run For Unity on Sardar Patel Jayanti
- PM remembers Smt. Indira Gandhi on her Punya Tithi
- PM pays tributes to Sardar Patel on his birth anniversary
- Election Commission
- General Election to Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir 2014 - Allotment of Broadcast/Telecast time to Political Parties – regarding
- Min of Agriculture
- Kharif Rice Area Coverage
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- Index of Eight Core Industries (Base: 2004-05=100), September, 2014
- Department of Commerce calls for creative participation for India’s participation at Hannover Messe
- Min of Defence
- Minor Incident Involving Naval Ship
- Indian Warships Visit to Port Louis
- Ministry of Finance
- Auction for Sale (Re-Issue) of Government Stocks
Major Focus of the Government is to Bring Back the Growth Momentum: Finance Minister
- Auction for Sale (Re-Issue ) of ‘8.30 per cent Government Stock, 2040’
Auction for Sale of a new Government Stock of 19 Years
Auction for Sale (Re-Issue ) of ‘8.60 per cent Government Stock, 2028’
- Auction for Sale (Re-Issue) of ‘8.27 per cent Government Stock, 2020’
- Subash Chandra Garg Relieved to take up His New Assignment As Executive Director, World Bank, Washington D.C.
- Rajiv Mehrishi takes over as Secretry, Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- MoU with Spain on organ transplantation soon
- Min of Home Affairs
- MoS Home Kiren Rijiju participates in ‘Run for Unity’
- Text of Home Minister's speech at NPA, Hyderabad
- Cyber Crime Prevention Strategy will be Strengthened: Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh
- Home Secretary Administers Rashtriya Ekta Diwas Pledge
- “Police Stations should become Temples of Justice,” says Rajnath Singh
- Min of Human Resource Development
- 2nd Meeting of SAARC Education Ministers Held
- Min of Parliamentary Affairs
- Standing Committee on Railways invites suggestions on Railways(Amendment) Bill, 2014
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Central Armed Police Forces (Assistant Commandants) Examination, 2014 Declaration of Result of Written Part
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Constitution of Steering Committee for successful implementation of “Make in India” campaign in the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 84.77 per bbl on 30.10.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- Railway Protection Force hosting 15th All Indian Police Band Competition
- Min of Road Transport & Highways
- Institute of Driving Training & Research to be inaugurated tomorrow at Pune
- Electronic Toll Collection System makes Delhi-Mumbai Drive Faster and Cheaper
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Storage Status of 85 Important Reservoirs of the Country as on October 30, 2014
- Min of Women and Child Development
- SRB to be raised by 10 basis points every year
Planning Commission03-October, 2012 16:13 IST
|India and Austria Sign Agreement on Technology Cooperation
in the Shipping and Ports Infrastructure Sector |
|A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Technology Cooperation in the Shipping and Ports Infrastructure was signed today between India and Austria. The MoU was signed by Shri G. K. Vasan, Minister of Shipping with Mrs. Doris Bures, Austrian Federal Minister for Transport, Innovation & Technology in New Delhi. |
While welcoming the Austrian Minister, Shri Vasan recalled that traditionally, India – Austria relations have been warm and friendly. There has been regular exchange of high level visits between the two countries during which the special emphasis is put on strengthening economic and commercial cooperation and scientific cooperation.
Austria derives its importance by virtue of its active role in international organizations. With its central location in the heart of Europe and historical linkages and legacy with the countries of the region, Austria is also well placed to serve as a gateway to emerging market economies in Central & East Europe. Cutting edge technology is Austria's forte in several niche areas of interest to us, particularly in infrastructure.
Shipping continues to dominate as the world’s most efficient means of transportation and it is the endeavour of the Ministry of Shipping to take necessary initiatives to recognize, reward and promote quality whenever and wherever it is found within the industry.
New technologies for implementation of International Ship & Port Security code, use of radio frequency identification in logistics and transport planning and optical character recognition in terminals to speed up the processing of containers in and out are the areas where Austrian expertise could be utilized in India.
Realtime Kinematics (RTK) measurements of tides and currents for facilitations of berth to berth navigation in Gulf of Kutch and Gulf of Khambat could be developed with Austrian expertise.
Since more than 300km of Danube river in Austria is used for navigation purpose with a well-developed and regulated inland waterway system their experience and expertise in the field of Inland Water Transport would be beneficial to the development of Inland Water Transport in India.
The Minister also hoped that signing of the MoU will pave way for sharing appropriate know-how, scientific knowledge and research and development capabilities between the two countries. It will enable the Indian organizations in the Ports and Shipping Sectors to acquire latest knowledge and technology etc. from Austria.
(Release ID :88115)