English Release 27-January 2015
- President's Secretariat
- President meets participants of Republic Day Parade – 2015
- President of India condoles the passing away of RK Laxman
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM and President Obama to share their thoughts together on Mann ki Baat today
- Min of Agriculture
- Union Agriculture Minister holds discussion with State Agriculture Ministers on Draft Farm Income Insurance Scheme
- Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries & Forests, Fiji calls on Shri Radha Mohan Singh Today
- Concerted Efforts Needed to Produce Clean Spices at Competitive Prices says Radha Mohan Singh
- Min of Chemicals and Fertilizers
- Data about the supply and availability of Urea in the country
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- Global Exhibition on Services to be held in April in Pragati Maidan
- Min of Culture
- Union Minister of Culture and Tourism condoles the passing away of eminent cartoonist R.K. Laxman
- Ministry of Finance
- FM: Investors Showing Huge Curiosity and Interest in India; We Can’t Afford to Miss this Opportunity; Ordinarily Everything is Going in our Favour Including Better Growth Prospects, Good Reserves, Fiscal Deficit and Cad Under Control; Calls for Non Adversarial Tax Administration
- Min of Home Affairs
- Influential persons on motivational tour from J&K meets Rajnath Singh
- Min of Mines
- Mineral Production during November 2014
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Kiran Mazumdar Shaw presents Indian Biotechnology roadmap to Dr. Jitendra Singh
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Meeting of French Ambassador with the Petroleum Minister
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 45.17 per bbl on 26.01.2015
- Min of Urban Development
- US and India to formulate smart city action plans in three months
Planning Commission03-October, 2012 16:13 IST
|India and Austria Sign Agreement on Technology Cooperation
in the Shipping and Ports Infrastructure Sector |
|A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Technology Cooperation in the Shipping and Ports Infrastructure was signed today between India and Austria. The MoU was signed by Shri G. K. Vasan, Minister of Shipping with Mrs. Doris Bures, Austrian Federal Minister for Transport, Innovation & Technology in New Delhi. |
While welcoming the Austrian Minister, Shri Vasan recalled that traditionally, India – Austria relations have been warm and friendly. There has been regular exchange of high level visits between the two countries during which the special emphasis is put on strengthening economic and commercial cooperation and scientific cooperation.
Austria derives its importance by virtue of its active role in international organizations. With its central location in the heart of Europe and historical linkages and legacy with the countries of the region, Austria is also well placed to serve as a gateway to emerging market economies in Central & East Europe. Cutting edge technology is Austria's forte in several niche areas of interest to us, particularly in infrastructure.
Shipping continues to dominate as the world’s most efficient means of transportation and it is the endeavour of the Ministry of Shipping to take necessary initiatives to recognize, reward and promote quality whenever and wherever it is found within the industry.
New technologies for implementation of International Ship & Port Security code, use of radio frequency identification in logistics and transport planning and optical character recognition in terminals to speed up the processing of containers in and out are the areas where Austrian expertise could be utilized in India.
Realtime Kinematics (RTK) measurements of tides and currents for facilitations of berth to berth navigation in Gulf of Kutch and Gulf of Khambat could be developed with Austrian expertise.
Since more than 300km of Danube river in Austria is used for navigation purpose with a well-developed and regulated inland waterway system their experience and expertise in the field of Inland Water Transport would be beneficial to the development of Inland Water Transport in India.
The Minister also hoped that signing of the MoU will pave way for sharing appropriate know-how, scientific knowledge and research and development capabilities between the two countries. It will enable the Indian organizations in the Ports and Shipping Sectors to acquire latest knowledge and technology etc. from Austria.
(Release ID :88115)