English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi’s address at the ceremony held to rededicate, Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, in Mumbai
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Press Note
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh says Indian bureaucrats need constant re-orientation as they face new challenges every day
Cabinet04-October, 2012 20:30 IST
|Declaration of Chaudhary Charan Singh Airport Lucknow,
Lal Bhadur Shastri Airport Varanasi and Airports at Tiruchirapalli,
Mangalore and Coimbatore as International Airports. |
|The Union Cabinet today approved the declaration of Chaudhary Charan Singh Airport, Lucknow: Lal Bahadur Shastri Airport Varanasi and airports at Tiruchirapalli, Mangalore and Coimbatore as international airports, to fulfill the demand of State Governments, and to offer improved international connectivity, wider choice of services at competitive cost to air travelers. |
All these airports are capable of handling medium capacity long range type of aircrafts and are also equipped with facilities for night operations. Further, all works pertaining to upgradation of the airports to international Standards have been completed. The declaration is expected to provide impetus to domestic/international tourism and contribute to the economic development of the concerned regions.
Chaudhary Charan Singh Airport, Lucknow: The airport runway is suitable for operation of AB-300 type of aircraft in all weather conditions. The existing apron is suitable for parking 14 aircraft (2 B747, 1 B-767-400, 11 AB-321 type of aircraft), in Power in/Push back configuration. Presently, Indian Airlines, Jetlite, Go Air, Indigo and Spice Jet airlines are operating domestic flights.
Lal Bahadur Shastri Airport, Varanasi: The airport has a runway suitable for operation of AB-320 type of aircraft in all weather conditions. The existing apron is suitable for parking 5 B767 and 4 AB-321 type of aircrafts. Presently, Air India, Jet Airways, Jetlite, Spice Jet and Kingfisher airlines are operating domestic services through this airport. Air India, Thai Airways and Cosmic Air are operating International flights through this airport.
Tiruchirapalli: The airport is suitable for operation of AB-320 / B-737-800 type of aircraft in all weather conditions. Night operations are permitted. Domestic and international flights are operating and the destinations covered are: Abu Dhabi, Chennai, Colombo, Dubai, Kuala Lampur, Mumbai and Singapore. Airlines operators - Air India Express, Air Asia, Kingfisher, Mihin Lanka, Sri Lankanand Tiger Airways. The airport is equipped with navigational aids and visual aids.
Mangalore: It is suitable for AB-310 and B737-400 type of aircraft operations in all weather conditions. Night operations are permitted and domestic and international flights are operating and the destinations covered are: Dubai, Doha, Muscat, Kuwait, Calicut, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai and Mumbai. Airlines operating are :- Air India, Kingfisher, Spice Jet, Jet Airwaysand Air India Express. The runway is provided with instrument landing system (ILS).
Coimbatore: Coimbatore is presently handling limited international operations. The Airport is suitable for all weather operation of B-767-400 type of aircraft. Night landing operations are permitted at the airport. Destinations covered are: Bangalore, Chennai, Calicut, Delhi, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Sharjah and Singapore. Airline operators are :- Air India, Air Arabia, Indigo, Jet Airways, Jetlite, Kingfisher, Silk Air and Spice Jet. The airport is equipped with navigational & visual aids including CAT-l Instrument Landing System (ILS).
(Release ID :88144)