English Release 30-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
President to flag off the ‘Run for Unity’ tomorrow at Rashtrapati Bhavan
- Vice President's Secretariat
- STUDENTS FROM J&K UNDER AEGIS OF SADBHAVNA EDUCATIONAL /MOTIVATIONAL TOUR CALL ON VICE PRESIDENT
- Vice President Inaugurates 7th Asia-Pacific Heart Rhythm Scientific Session
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM condoles loss of lives in Sri Lanka landslide
- Shri Azim Premji calls on the Prime Minister
- Goa CM calls on PM
- Department of Space
- Engineers’ Conclave-2014 to be held in Bangalore
- Min of Agriculture
- Shaida Moh. Abdali Afghanistan Ambassador Calls on
Union Agriculture Minister Shri Radha Mohan Singh
- Good Performance of NCDC
- Min of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution
- Sugar production estimated 250.46 lakh tons during 2014-15
- Ministry of Finance
- Government Announces Measures for Fiscal Prudence and Economy; Every Ministry / Department to Effect A Mandatory 10% Cut in Non-Plan Expenditure; Utmost Economy to be Observed in Organizing Conferences/Seminars/Workshops; Ban on Purchase of Vehicles; in all Cases of Air Travel, the Lowest Air Fare Tickets Available for Entitled Class to be Purchased/Procured.
- Government Committed to Increase Savings Rate in the Country: Secretary, Financial Services;
- Finance Minister Asks the Senior Officers of the Income Tax Department not to Lose Sight of Domestic Black Money
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
For ending TB, Dr Harsh Vardhan calls for “Power of belief”
- Min of Home Affairs
- Activities on Rashtriya Ekta Diwas celebrations on 31st October
- Union Home Minister Approves Grant of Higher Compensation to Victims of Riots, Naxal and Terrorist Violence
- Min of Human Resource Development
- Ministry of HRD to Host 2nd Meeting of SAARC Education Ministers
- Min of Minority Affairs
- Shri Arvind Mayaram is New Secretary of Minority Affairs
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Early closure of Government Offices today in connection with the “Run for Unity” flag off at Vijay Chowk
- ACC Appointments
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 85.14 per bbl on 29.10.2014
- Min of Urban Development
- Japan offers assistance in promoting Intelligent Transport Systems
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Uma Bharti to Visit Kanpur Tomorrow
- Min of Women and Child Development
- Smt. Maneka Sanjay Gandhi to hold first round of Regional Consultations on Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme in Chandigarh tomorrow
Ministry of Civil Aviation04-October, 2012 20:44 IST
|Declaration of Chaudhary Charan Singh Airport Lucknow,
Lal Bhadur Shastri Airport Varanasi and Airports at Tiruchirapalli,
Mangalore and Coimbatore as International Airports. |
|The Union Cabinet today approved the declaration of Chaudhary Charan Singh Airport, Lucknow: Lal Bahadur Shastri Airport Varanasi and airports at Tiruchirapalli, Mangalore and Coimbatore as international airports, to fulfill the demand of State Governments, and to offer improved international connectivity, wider choice of services at competitive cost to air travelers. |
All these airports are capable of handling medium capacity long range type of aircrafts and are also equipped with facilities for night operations. Further, all works pertaining to upgradation of the airports to international Standards have been completed. The declaration is expected to provide impetus to domestic/international tourism and contribute to the economic development of the concerned regions.
Chaudhary Charan Singh Airport, Lucknow: The airport runway is suitable for operation of AB-300 type of aircraft in all weather conditions. The existing apron is suitable for parking 14 aircraft (2 B747, 1 B-767-400, 11 AB-321 type of aircraft), in Power in/Push back configuration. Presently, Indian Airlines, Jetlite, Go Air, Indigo and Spice Jet airlines are operating domestic flights.
Lal Bahadur Shastri Airport, Varanasi: The airport has a runway suitable for operation of AB-320 type of aircraft in all weather conditions. The existing apron is suitable for parking 5 B767 and 4 AB-321 type of aircrafts. Presently, Air India, Jet Airways, Jetlite, Spice Jet and Kingfisher airlines are operating domestic services through this airport. Air India, Thai Airways and Cosmic Air are operating International flights through this airport.
Tiruchirapalli: The airport is suitable for operation of AB-320 / B-737-800 type of aircraft in all weather conditions. Night operations are permitted. Domestic and international flights are operating and the destinations covered are: Abu Dhabi, Chennai, Colombo, Dubai, Kuala Lampur, Mumbai and Singapore. Airlines operators - Air India Express, Air Asia, Kingfisher, Mihin Lanka, Sri Lankanand Tiger Airways. The airport is equipped with navigational aids and visual aids.
Mangalore: It is suitable for AB-310 and B737-400 type of aircraft operations in all weather conditions. Night operations are permitted and domestic and international flights are operating and the destinations covered are: Dubai, Doha, Muscat, Kuwait, Calicut, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai and Mumbai. Airlines operating are :- Air India, Kingfisher, Spice Jet, Jet Airwaysand Air India Express. The runway is provided with instrument landing system (ILS).
Coimbatore: Coimbatore is presently handling limited international operations. The Airport is suitable for all weather operation of B-767-400 type of aircraft. Night landing operations are permitted at the airport. Destinations covered are: Bangalore, Chennai, Calicut, Delhi, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Sharjah and Singapore. Airline operators are :- Air India, Air Arabia, Indigo, Jet Airways, Jetlite, Kingfisher, Silk Air and Spice Jet. The airport is equipped with navigational & visual aids including CAT-l Instrument Landing System (ILS).
(Release ID :88173)