English Release 19-June 2013
- Presidents Secretariat
- President of India to visit Tripura from June 20 to 21
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM announces 1000 crore rupee disaster relief for Uttarakhand
- PM congratulates President-elect Rowhani of Iran
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
Extension of time for receiving comments on draft amendments to the Interconnection Regulations applicable for Digital Addressable Cable Television Systems (DAS) and Tariff Order applicable for all addressable systems
- Min of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution
National Consumer Helpline Records 12,704 Calls in may, 2013
- Min of Defence
- Armed Forces Mount Massive Relief Operations in Uttarakhand and Himachal
- Ministry of Finance
Government Approves 1 Proposal of Foreign Direct Investment Amounting to About Rs.7.00 Crore
- India and World Bank Sign Us$ 216 Million Agreement
for Kerala State Transport Project
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Smt. Santosh Chowdhary takes over as Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare
- Min of Human Resource Development
- MoS for HRD Shri Jitin Prasada visits Seoul International Book Fair (SIBF) 2013
- HRD Ministry to Strengthen Monitoring System of Mid Day Meal Scheme
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- MoPNG rebuts allegations regarding KG D-6 Field
- International crude oil price of Indian Basket declines to
103.20/US$ bbl on 18.6.2013
- Ministry of Railways
- Commodity-Wise Freight Revenue by Railways Goes up by 8.66 Per Cent During April-May 2013
- Shri Mallikarjun Kharge Takes Over as Minister of Railways
- Min of Shipping
Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust Signs Concession Agreement with M/s. Nhava Sheva (India) Gateway Terminal Pvt. Ltd
- Min of Textiles
- K S Rao Takes Charge as New Textiles Minister
- Ministry of Tourism
- Tourism Minister Announces New Campaign to Promote Himalayas
Ministry of Civil Aviation04-October, 2012 20:44 IST
|Declaration of Chaudhary Charan Singh Airport Lucknow,
Lal Bhadur Shastri Airport Varanasi and Airports at Tiruchirapalli,
Mangalore and Coimbatore as International Airports. |
|The Union Cabinet today approved the declaration of Chaudhary Charan Singh Airport, Lucknow: Lal Bahadur Shastri Airport Varanasi and airports at Tiruchirapalli, Mangalore and Coimbatore as international airports, to fulfill the demand of State Governments, and to offer improved international connectivity, wider choice of services at competitive cost to air travelers. |
All these airports are capable of handling medium capacity long range type of aircrafts and are also equipped with facilities for night operations. Further, all works pertaining to upgradation of the airports to international Standards have been completed. The declaration is expected to provide impetus to domestic/international tourism and contribute to the economic development of the concerned regions.
Chaudhary Charan Singh Airport, Lucknow: The airport runway is suitable for operation of AB-300 type of aircraft in all weather conditions. The existing apron is suitable for parking 14 aircraft (2 B747, 1 B-767-400, 11 AB-321 type of aircraft), in Power in/Push back configuration. Presently, Indian Airlines, Jetlite, Go Air, Indigo and Spice Jet airlines are operating domestic flights.
Lal Bahadur Shastri Airport, Varanasi: The airport has a runway suitable for operation of AB-320 type of aircraft in all weather conditions. The existing apron is suitable for parking 5 B767 and 4 AB-321 type of aircrafts. Presently, Air India, Jet Airways, Jetlite, Spice Jet and Kingfisher airlines are operating domestic services through this airport. Air India, Thai Airways and Cosmic Air are operating International flights through this airport.
Tiruchirapalli: The airport is suitable for operation of AB-320 / B-737-800 type of aircraft in all weather conditions. Night operations are permitted. Domestic and international flights are operating and the destinations covered are: Abu Dhabi, Chennai, Colombo, Dubai, Kuala Lampur, Mumbai and Singapore. Airlines operators - Air India Express, Air Asia, Kingfisher, Mihin Lanka, Sri Lankanand Tiger Airways. The airport is equipped with navigational aids and visual aids.
Mangalore: It is suitable for AB-310 and B737-400 type of aircraft operations in all weather conditions. Night operations are permitted and domestic and international flights are operating and the destinations covered are: Dubai, Doha, Muscat, Kuwait, Calicut, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai and Mumbai. Airlines operating are :- Air India, Kingfisher, Spice Jet, Jet Airwaysand Air India Express. The runway is provided with instrument landing system (ILS).
Coimbatore: Coimbatore is presently handling limited international operations. The Airport is suitable for all weather operation of B-767-400 type of aircraft. Night landing operations are permitted at the airport. Destinations covered are: Bangalore, Chennai, Calicut, Delhi, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Sharjah and Singapore. Airline operators are :- Air India, Air Arabia, Indigo, Jet Airways, Jetlite, Kingfisher, Silk Air and Spice Jet. The airport is equipped with navigational & visual aids including CAT-l Instrument Landing System (ILS).
(Release ID :88173)