English Release 2-September 2014
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Inaugurates 89th Foundation Course at Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration in Mussoorie
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM's keynote address at event organized by Nikkei Inc. and Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO)
- Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s special lecture at the University of the Sacred Heart, Tokyo
- PM’s remarks after inaugurating the TCS Japan Technology and Culture Academy
- PM's special lecture at the University of the Sacred Heart, Tokyo
- Min of Agriculture
- Government puts Agriculture Sector on Fast Track
- Min of Defence
- Fast Patrol Vessel ICGS Abhiraj Commissioned at Tuticorin
- Min of Environment and Forests
- Initiatives of the Ministry of Environment, Forests & Climate Change
- Ministry of Finance
- A High Level Committee Constituted for Considering the Proposals for Assessment of Income arising or accruing before 1st April, 2012 on Account of Retrospective Amendments to the Provisions Related to Indirect Transfer
- Min of Home Affairs
- Union Home Minister asks Kerala CM to take Strict action against Political Killings
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- I&B Ministry initiatives to enhance Outreach and information dissemination through multiple platforms
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Petroleum Minister emphasizes on adopting energy efficient techniques for better development of the nation
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 101.29 per bbl on 01.09.2014
- Min of Power
- Landmark Initiatives for Energy Efficiency Launched
- Min of Science & Technology
- Dr Jitendra Singh Announces DBT Collaboration in Establishing A “National Cancer Institute” at Jhajjar, Haryana.
- Min of Tribal Affairs
- “Single Window System” for Obtaining Market Information on Minor Forest Produces Through Toll Free Number 1800 180 1551
Ministry of Finance04-October, 2012 20:57 IST
|Model Tripartite Agreement for Infrastructure Debt Fund|
|The Cabinet Committee on Infrastructure (CCI) approved the Model Tripartite Agreement for Infrastructure Debt Funds (IDFs).|
The CCI also approved the constitution of empowered Inter-Ministerial Group to approve sector-specific or project-specific modifications.
This Model Tripartite Agreement will facilitate early operationalisation of the IDFs.
Setting up of Infrastructure Debt Funds (IDFs) was announced in the Union Budget for 2011-12. These are aimed at accelerating and enhancing flow of long term debt for funding infrastructure projects in the country. They will also act as a catalyst to channelize domestic savings. IDFs would provide a vehicle for refinancing the existing debt of infrastructure projects which are funded mostly by commercial banks. This would create fresh headroom for commercial banks and enable them to take up a larger number of new infrastructure projects.
An IDF can be structured either as a company or as a trust. If set up as a trust, it would be regulated by SEBI under the Mutual Fund Regulations. If set up as a company, the IDF would be structured as a Non-Banking Finance Company (NBFC) and will be under the regulatory oversight of RBI. Guidelines with enabling provisions have already been issued by the Reserve Bank of India and SEBI.
An IDF-NBFC would issue either rupee or dollar denominated bonds and invest only in debt securities of Public Private Partnership projects which have a buy-out guarantee and have completed at least one year of commercial operations. Such projects are expected to be viewed as low-risk investments and would, therefore, be attractive for risk-averse insurance and pension funds.
Regulations issued by RBI provide that a Tripartite Agreement, which shall be binding on all the parties thereto, will be entered into between the Concessionaire, the Project Authority and the IDF.
(Release ID :88186)