English Release 29-August 2014
- President's Secretariat
President presents Sports and Adventure Awards
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM greets people on the occasion of Samvatsari
- PM's Departure Statement ahead of his visit to Japan
- PM pays tribute to legendary hockey player Dhyan Chand; congratulates award-winning sportspersons
- PM greets people on Ganesh Chaturthi
- Min of Agriculture
- Kharif Sowing Crosses 966 Lakh Hectare Mark
- Min of Civil Aviation
- Air India Day Felicitates its Employees
- Ministry of Finance
- Finance Ministry: Performance of the Economy in the First Quarter of the Financial Year 2014-15 ss Broadly on Expected Lines
1,84,68,000 Accounts Opened in more than 70000 Camps Under Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana ; Banks to hold such Camps on Weekly Basis, from 8 am to 8 pm on all saturdays to Achieve the Target of Covering Unbanked Households well in Time
- India Signs Loan Agreements with World Bank for
IDA Assistance of US $ 107 Million for Second Mizoram State Roads Project
- Change in Tariff Value of Crude Palm Oil, RBD Palm Oil, Others – Palm Oil, Crude Palmolein, RBD Palmolein, Others – Palmolein, Crude Soyabean Oil, Brass Scrap (All Grades), Poppy Seeds, Areca Nuts, Gold and Silver Notified
- India’s External Debt: A Status Report 2013-14 Released; India’s External Debt Stock Stood at US$ 440.6 Billion at end-March 2014, Increasing by US$ 31.2 Billion (7.6 per cent) Over the Level at end-March 2013
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- 887 passengers being tracked for Ebola Virus Disease
Integrated trauma support service on anvil
- Exclusivity of Central Government Health Scheme to be phased out
- Min of Home Affairs
- India-Israel Bilateral Cooperation
- Shri O.P. Singh assigned additional charge of DG, NDRF
- National Seminar on Promoting Peace and Harmony
- New Interlocutor for Naga Peace Talks
- Min of Labour & Employment
- National Consultative Workshop on “Industry-Career Centre –ITI Collaboration” organized
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh Felicitates UPSC recommended IAS Candidates
- ACC Appointments
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 101.07 per bbl on 28.08.2014
- Min of Shipping
- Delegation of Powers to States for Registration, Survey and Certification of Fishing Vessels
- Min of Statistics & Programme Implementation
- Estimates of Gross Domestic Product for the First Quarter (April-June) of 2014-15
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Storage Status of 85 Important Reservoirs of the Country as on August 28, 2014
- Min of Youth Affairs & Sports
- President Confers National Sports Awards – 2014
- Full Text of the Speech of Sarbananda Sonowal at a Function to Celebrate the National Sports Day
- Text of Speech of Sarbananda Sonowal at the National Consultation Workshop on ‘Industry- Career Centre- ITI Collaboration’
Cabinet04-October, 2012 21:07 IST
|Cabinet approves proposal to place 12th Plan Document before National Development Council|
|The Union Cabinet today discussed the Draft Twelfth Five Year Plan document (2012-2017), and approved the proposal to place the Plan Document before the National Development Council. |
The Plan proposes an acceleration of growth over the plan period to reach 9 percent in the terminal year, yielding an average growth rate of 8.2 percent for the plan period as a whole. It emphasizes that the growth must be both inclusive and sustainable, and to achieve these objectives it proposes a comprehensive game plan in terms of policies and programmes.
The estimates show resource availability for the Twelfth Plan at Rs.80,50,123 crore in current prices for the Centre and States taken together. This implies the public sector resources for the Twelfth Plan (2012-2017) would be 11.8 per cent of GDP as against 1096 per cent realized during the Eleventh Plan (2007-2012).
To achieve the targeted growth rate, the fixed investment rate should increase to 35 per cent of GDP (at constant prices) by the end of the Twelfth Plan, yielding an average fixed investment rate of 34 per cent of GDP (at constant prices) for the Twelfth Plan period as a whole. The projected average rate of gross domestic capital formation in the Twelfth Plan is 37 per cent of GDP, the projected gross domestic savings rate is 34.2 per cent of GDP and the net external financing needed for macro-economic balance would average around 2.9 per cent of GDP.
In a first attempt at presenting scenario analysis, the plan emphasizes that the policy agenda outlined must be substantially implemented for all the virtuous cycles to come into play that will lead to Scenario One called the “Strong Inclusive Growth”. This would also imply we can achieve inclusive and sustainable growth averaging 8.2 per cent over the Twelfth Plan period.
The Plan emphasizes a broad definition of inclusiveness, which encompasses a spread of benefits to the weaker sections, including especially the SC/STs, OBCs and Minorities, and also regional balance in development.
The plan emphasizes the need to speed up the pace of implementation of infrastructure projects, which is critical for removing supply bottlenecks which constrain growth in other sectors, and also for boosting investor sentiment to raise the overall rate of investment.
The Plan contains ambitious programmes in health, education, water resource management, infrastructure development, and a number of programmes aimed at inclusiveness, most notably the National Health Mission (NHM), Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA), the Pradhan Mantri Gramin Sadak Yojana (PMGSY), the Integrated Child Development Scheme (ICDS) and the National Rural Livelihoods Mission (NRLM). Considerable resources are being allocated for these programmes. It proposes that beneficiary payments across a large number of schemes, which have experienced leakages in the delivery system, may be carried out through the use of the Aadhaar (UID) platform.
(Release ID :88188)