English Release 21-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Envoys of five nations present credentials to President of India
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Greets People on Deepawali
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM expresses joy on India being re-elected to UNHRC
- PM chairs meeting on urban development issues
- PM’s Telephone Conversation with Prime Minister of Malaysia
- PM to be in Srinagar on Diwali, 23rd October; will spend the day with flood-affected people
- PM salutes the bravery of our policemen on Police Commemoration Day
- PM greets the nation on Dhanteras
- Election Commission
- South Asian Election Commissioners Impressed by Counting Technology and Prompt Results Sharing of Experiences at South Asian Workshop
- Min of Agriculture
- National Seeds Corporation Hands Over Dividend Cheque to Union Agriculture Minister
- Radha Mohan Singh emphasizes the need to increase Productivity of Milch Cattle
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Indian Deegation to the ITU Conference Lead by Communications and Information Technology Minister Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad called for Democratisation of Global Affairs of Telecommunications and Internet Governance
- Min of Corporate Affairs
- Merger of National Spot Exchange Limited
- Google Case
- Min of Culture
- Union Minister of State for Culture and Tourism, Shri Shripad Naik launches the National Portal for Museums
- Min of Defence
- Navy Helicopter Airlifts Spares for 132 kv Transmission
Tower on Simhachalam Hill – Visakhapatnam
- Ministry of Finance
- Project Report on “DRISHTI” Submitted to Finance Minister
- Min of Food Processing Industries
- Minister of Food Processing Industries Reiterates the Need to Strengthen further Indo-French Cooperation in Agro-processing Sector.
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Dr Harsh Vardhan spells out Ebola action plan
- Min of Mines
- Mineral Production During August 2014
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- ACC Appointments
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Production Performance of Oil & Natural Gas Sector for the month of September, 2014
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 84.12 per bbl on 20.10.2014
- Min of Road Transport & Highways
- Electronic Toll Collection: A Uniform Standard of Service to Commuters
- Min of Science & Technology
- Dr. Jitendra Singh announces hike in fellowship amount to Research Scientists
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India Won 2 Gold, 1silver & 3 Bronze at 2nd Asian Para Games 2014 on 20th October, 2014
- Min of Steel
- Ministry of Steel to set up “Steel Research & Technology Mission of India”
Cabinet04-October, 2012 21:07 IST
|Cabinet approves proposal to place 12th Plan Document before National Development Council|
|The Union Cabinet today discussed the Draft Twelfth Five Year Plan document (2012-2017), and approved the proposal to place the Plan Document before the National Development Council. |
The Plan proposes an acceleration of growth over the plan period to reach 9 percent in the terminal year, yielding an average growth rate of 8.2 percent for the plan period as a whole. It emphasizes that the growth must be both inclusive and sustainable, and to achieve these objectives it proposes a comprehensive game plan in terms of policies and programmes.
The estimates show resource availability for the Twelfth Plan at Rs.80,50,123 crore in current prices for the Centre and States taken together. This implies the public sector resources for the Twelfth Plan (2012-2017) would be 11.8 per cent of GDP as against 1096 per cent realized during the Eleventh Plan (2007-2012).
To achieve the targeted growth rate, the fixed investment rate should increase to 35 per cent of GDP (at constant prices) by the end of the Twelfth Plan, yielding an average fixed investment rate of 34 per cent of GDP (at constant prices) for the Twelfth Plan period as a whole. The projected average rate of gross domestic capital formation in the Twelfth Plan is 37 per cent of GDP, the projected gross domestic savings rate is 34.2 per cent of GDP and the net external financing needed for macro-economic balance would average around 2.9 per cent of GDP.
In a first attempt at presenting scenario analysis, the plan emphasizes that the policy agenda outlined must be substantially implemented for all the virtuous cycles to come into play that will lead to Scenario One called the “Strong Inclusive Growth”. This would also imply we can achieve inclusive and sustainable growth averaging 8.2 per cent over the Twelfth Plan period.
The Plan emphasizes a broad definition of inclusiveness, which encompasses a spread of benefits to the weaker sections, including especially the SC/STs, OBCs and Minorities, and also regional balance in development.
The plan emphasizes the need to speed up the pace of implementation of infrastructure projects, which is critical for removing supply bottlenecks which constrain growth in other sectors, and also for boosting investor sentiment to raise the overall rate of investment.
The Plan contains ambitious programmes in health, education, water resource management, infrastructure development, and a number of programmes aimed at inclusiveness, most notably the National Health Mission (NHM), Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA), the Pradhan Mantri Gramin Sadak Yojana (PMGSY), the Integrated Child Development Scheme (ICDS) and the National Rural Livelihoods Mission (NRLM). Considerable resources are being allocated for these programmes. It proposes that beneficiary payments across a large number of schemes, which have experienced leakages in the delivery system, may be carried out through the use of the Aadhaar (UID) platform.
(Release ID :88188)