English Release 23-November 2014
- President's Secretariat
- PRESIDENT’S MESSAGE ON THE EVE OF THE MARTYRDOM DAY OF GURU TEG BAHADUR
- PRESS COMMUNIQUE
- Min of Defence
- Coastal Security Network Must Ensure Zero Tolerance to Error: Parrikar
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- 45TH IFFI Celebrates Dance in Indian Cinema
- New Experiments in Documentaries Section
- 45th IFFI Pays Retrospective Honours to Gulzar; Screens ‘Libas’
- Cinema Means Love and Responsibility Not Business: Mohsen Makhmalbaf
- Student Filmmakers are Promising and Full of Original Concepts: Prof. B. Diwakar
- Min of Parliamentary Affairs
- Government convenes all Party meet on CSAT exam issue
- Prime Minister confident of a productive Winter Session of Parliament beginning tomorrow
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh receives cheque for J&K flood relief from PEPCO Bank
- Min of Science & Technology
- HPV option to prevent preterm births dangerous --Dr Harsh Vardhan
President's Secretariat09-October, 2012 18:34 IST
|President Approves New Protocol Practice|
|Following a review of current protocol practice, The President of India Shri Pranab Mukherjee has formally approved the following changes for implementation with immediate effect: |
1. Use of the words ‘His Excellency’ will be discontinued while organizing functions within the country and during interaction between Indian dignitaries and the President.
2. In Hindi, राष्ट्रपति महोदय should be used in place of महामहिम during such occasions.
3. The word “Hon’ble” will be used before the title of ‘President’ or ‘Governor’. The traditional Indian greeting of “Shri” or “Smt.” should precede the name.
4. “Excellency” will be used only for interaction of leaders with foreign dignitaries and foreign dignitaries with our leaders as is customary international practice.
5. It has also been decided that the word राष्ट्रपतिजी will replace महामहिम in official notings in the President’s Secretariat.
As per past practice, above decisions have been conveyed to the Ministry of Home Affairs for further action.
Taking into account inconvenience caused to public during his movement within the city and in order to reduce the burden on police and other agencies, The President has instructed that, to the best extent possible, all functions be organized within Rashtrapati Bhavan premises itself.
(Release ID :88279)