English Release 20-September 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President Congratulates Medal Winners in
Asian Games 2014
- President of India condoles the passing away of Uppalapu Srinivas
- Prime Minister's Office
- Sashastra Seema Bal, SRM University and ITC make donations for PMNRF
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Suicide prevention a health priority: Health Minister
- Health Ministry to take up anti-noise pollution initiatives
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Bharat Pensioners’ Samaj donates to Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund
- Min of Women and Child Development
- Corrigendum for Press Release issued on 19th Sept, 2014 on Meeting of Mrs Melinda Gates and Mr Bill Gates with Smt Maneka Sanjay Gandhi
President's Secretariat09-October, 2012 18:34 IST
|President Approves New Protocol Practice|
|Following a review of current protocol practice, The President of India Shri Pranab Mukherjee has formally approved the following changes for implementation with immediate effect: |
1. Use of the words ‘His Excellency’ will be discontinued while organizing functions within the country and during interaction between Indian dignitaries and the President.
2. In Hindi, राष्ट्रपति महोदय should be used in place of महामहिम during such occasions.
3. The word “Hon’ble” will be used before the title of ‘President’ or ‘Governor’. The traditional Indian greeting of “Shri” or “Smt.” should precede the name.
4. “Excellency” will be used only for interaction of leaders with foreign dignitaries and foreign dignitaries with our leaders as is customary international practice.
5. It has also been decided that the word राष्ट्रपतिजी will replace महामहिम in official notings in the President’s Secretariat.
As per past practice, above decisions have been conveyed to the Ministry of Home Affairs for further action.
Taking into account inconvenience caused to public during his movement within the city and in order to reduce the burden on police and other agencies, The President has instructed that, to the best extent possible, all functions be organized within Rashtrapati Bhavan premises itself.
(Release ID :88279)