English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi’s address at the ceremony held to rededicate, Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, in Mumbai
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Press Note
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh says Indian bureaucrats need constant re-orientation as they face new challenges every day
Ministry of Railways29-October, 2012 17:32 IST
|Shri Pawan Kumar Bansal Takes Over as Minister of Railways |
|Shri Pawan Kumar Bansal assumed charge as the Union Minister of Railways here today i.e. October 29, 2012. Prior to this, Shri Bansal was Union Minister of Parliament Affairs and Water Resources. He is a Member of Parliament (Lok Sabha) from Chandigarh constituency. Immediately after assuming the office, the Shri Bansal was briefed by Shri Vinay Mittal, Chairman Railway Board, Board Members and senior officers on various important issues concerning the Railway ministry including the priority areas. |
Shri Bansal held the office of Minister of State for Finance and Parliamentary Affairs in the previous UPA Government. He was re-elected to the 15th Lok Sabha and elevated as Cabinet Minister of Parliamentary Affairs in the current Central Government.
Shri Bansal is a law graduate from Punjab University, Chandigarh and is Advocate by profession. He was elected as Member, Rajya Sabha in 1984 and served as Member of the Committee on Subordinate Legislation, Rajya Sabha during 1984-86, Member on Panel of Vice-Chairmen, Rajya Sabha and Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Human Resource Development from 1985-87. He was elected to the 10th Lok Sabha in 1991, and re-elected to 13th Lok Sabha for the second term in 1999 and 14th Lok Sabha for the third term in 2004. He also served as Chairman of the Joint Parliamentary Committee on 83rd Constitution Amendment Bill and Representation of People (Amendment) Bill as well as Chairman of the Committee on Communications and Committee on Privileges etc.
He took interest in various social and welfare activities which included Youth Camps, Medical Aid camps, Legal Aid programmes, National Integration and Communal Harmony programmes, Education, Environment and Electoral Reforms. As a widely travelled person, Shri Bansal was leader and Member of various Indian delegations and participated in various international conferences.
(Note : Photograph available at PIB website i.e. www.pib.nic.in)
(Release ID :88683)