English Release 29-August 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM pays tribute to legendary hockey player Dhyan Chand; congratulates award-winning sportspersons
- PM greets people on Ganesh Chaturthi
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Exclusivity of Central Government Health Scheme to be phased out
- Min of Home Affairs
- New Interlocutor for Naga Peace Talks
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 101.07 per bbl on 28.08.2014
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Storage Status of 85 Important Reservoirs of the Country as on August 28, 2014
- Min of Youth Affairs & Sports
- Full Text of the Speech of Sarbananda Sonowal at a Function to Celebrate the National Sports Day
- Text of Speech of Sarbananda Sonowal at the National Consultation Workshop on ‘Industry- Career Centre- ITI Collaboration’
Ministry of Railways29-October, 2012 17:32 IST
|Shri Pawan Kumar Bansal Takes Over as Minister of Railways |
|Shri Pawan Kumar Bansal assumed charge as the Union Minister of Railways here today i.e. October 29, 2012. Prior to this, Shri Bansal was Union Minister of Parliament Affairs and Water Resources. He is a Member of Parliament (Lok Sabha) from Chandigarh constituency. Immediately after assuming the office, the Shri Bansal was briefed by Shri Vinay Mittal, Chairman Railway Board, Board Members and senior officers on various important issues concerning the Railway ministry including the priority areas. |
Shri Bansal held the office of Minister of State for Finance and Parliamentary Affairs in the previous UPA Government. He was re-elected to the 15th Lok Sabha and elevated as Cabinet Minister of Parliamentary Affairs in the current Central Government.
Shri Bansal is a law graduate from Punjab University, Chandigarh and is Advocate by profession. He was elected as Member, Rajya Sabha in 1984 and served as Member of the Committee on Subordinate Legislation, Rajya Sabha during 1984-86, Member on Panel of Vice-Chairmen, Rajya Sabha and Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Human Resource Development from 1985-87. He was elected to the 10th Lok Sabha in 1991, and re-elected to 13th Lok Sabha for the second term in 1999 and 14th Lok Sabha for the third term in 2004. He also served as Chairman of the Joint Parliamentary Committee on 83rd Constitution Amendment Bill and Representation of People (Amendment) Bill as well as Chairman of the Committee on Communications and Committee on Privileges etc.
He took interest in various social and welfare activities which included Youth Camps, Medical Aid camps, Legal Aid programmes, National Integration and Communal Harmony programmes, Education, Environment and Electoral Reforms. As a widely travelled person, Shri Bansal was leader and Member of various Indian delegations and participated in various international conferences.
(Note : Photograph available at PIB website i.e. www.pib.nic.in)
(Release ID :88683)