English Release 1-March 2015
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM's address at event to mark completion of 25 years of NASSCOM
- PM writes to Afghan President Dr. Ashraf Ghani, condoles loss of lives in avalanches
- Min for Develop. of North-East Region
- Dr. Jitendra Singh hails Rs 2,362 crore budget allocation for the Northeast
- Min of Coal
- Opening of Applications for Allotment of Schedule 1 Coal Mines
- Ministry of Finance
- Change In Tariff Value of Crude Palm Oil, Rbd Palm Oil, Others – Palm Oil, Crude Palmolein, Rbd Palmolein, Others – Palmolein, Crude Soyabean Oil, Brass Scrap (All Grades), Poppy Seeds, Areca Nuts, Gold And Silver Notifie
- New Investment Pattern For Non-Government Provident Funds, Superannuation Funds And Gratuity Funds With Effect From 1st April, 2015
- International Financial Services Centre (IFSC)
- Banking Reforms
- Changes proposed in priority sector lending (psl)-regarding
- Steps Being Taken for Increasing Financing to Micro, Small And Medium Enterprises (Msmes)
- Micro Units Development and Refinance Agency (Mudra) Bank
- Introduction of the Atal Pension Yojana
- Highlights of The Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana
- Highlights of the Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (Pmsby – Scheme 1 - for Accidental Death Insurance)
- Min of Parliamentary Affairs
- Parliament to take up Ordinances Replacement Bills in the second week of Budget Sessio
Ministry of Road Transport & Highways01-November, 2012 17:05 IST
|International Seminar on “Pre Engineered and Quick Launch Bridges” to Begin on 3rd November 2012 |
|A two-day international seminar from 3rd November-4th November, 2012 on “Pre Engineered and Quick Launch Bridges” is being organised jointly by Ministry of Road Transport & Highways, the Railways, National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) and Indian Army (Corps of Engineers) on a common platform to speed up construction of bridges, an initiative taken by the Indian Institute of Bridge Engineers, Delhi State Centre in conjunction with Border Roads Organisation (BRO). Union Minister of Road Transport & Highways, Dr. C. P. Joshi, will be the Chief Guest of the seminar on the opening day i.e. November 03, 2012 and Union Minister of Human Resource Development (HRD), Dr. M. M. Pallam Raju, for the valedictory ceremony on November 04, 2012. |
The seminar will provide a platform where designers, contractors and architects will interact and exchange ideas for more robust engineering solutions for roads, highways and rail bridges. The benefits of large scale manufacture away from sites and the fabrication of structure in controlled environments will definitely go a long way to reduce costs while ensuring faster construction and guaranteed quality.
The seminar will address faster methods of constructing bridges, which has remained a bottleneck in completing roads, and will help organisations such as Prime Minister’s Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY), NHAI, BRO & State Public Works Division (PWD) speed up bridging as the number of roads with temporary bridges or causeways where permanent bridges should have been there, is on the increase. BRO itself has a backlog of 35 Km of bridges and an equal amount in its order book for the roads under construction in the next 5 years. The interaction amongst the members in the seminar will assist the bridge engineering fraternity to speed up connectivity to far flung areas. This need is true for other areas too.
This international seminar will have eminent speakers address the audience on the subject, presentations by key personalities and a number of technical sessions where variety of papers will be presented by engineers working on this subject. The advantage of new bridge systems which are in use in other parts of the world, will also be demonstrated.
The speakers at the seminar amongst other include eminent personalities like Shri Vinay Mittal, Chairman Railway Board; Shri AK Upadhyay, Secretary, Road Transport & Highways; Shri A. P. Mishra, Member, Engineering Railway Board; Lt Gen Vijai Sharma, AVSM, Engineer – In – Chief; Shri C Kandaswamy, DG, Road Transport & Highways and Lt Gen S Ravi Shankar, PVSM, VSM, DG, BRO.
(Release ID :88765)