English Release 22-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President’s Diwali greetings
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Greets People on Deepawali
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM shares the link of his page for Diwali wishes
- Min of Culture
- Former Chief Election Commissioner, Shri N Gopalaswami appointed as Chairman of Kalakshetra Foundation Chennai
- Min of Defence
- Update on Su-30 Accident
- Min of Human Resource Development
- Ministry of Human Resource Development Launches All India Survey on Higher Education (AISHE) 2014-15
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- Government to commemorate Sardar Patel’s birthday on October 31 as ‘Rashtriya Ekta Divas’.
- Min of Micro,Small & Medium Enterprises
- The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises gets ISO 9001: 2008 Certificate
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 83.73 per bbl on 21.10.2014
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India won 3 Medals at 2nd Asian Para Games 2014 on 21st October, 2014
Ministry of Road Transport & Highways01-November, 2012 17:05 IST
|International Seminar on “Pre Engineered and Quick Launch Bridges” to Begin on 3rd November 2012 |
|A two-day international seminar from 3rd November-4th November, 2012 on “Pre Engineered and Quick Launch Bridges” is being organised jointly by Ministry of Road Transport & Highways, the Railways, National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) and Indian Army (Corps of Engineers) on a common platform to speed up construction of bridges, an initiative taken by the Indian Institute of Bridge Engineers, Delhi State Centre in conjunction with Border Roads Organisation (BRO). Union Minister of Road Transport & Highways, Dr. C. P. Joshi, will be the Chief Guest of the seminar on the opening day i.e. November 03, 2012 and Union Minister of Human Resource Development (HRD), Dr. M. M. Pallam Raju, for the valedictory ceremony on November 04, 2012. |
The seminar will provide a platform where designers, contractors and architects will interact and exchange ideas for more robust engineering solutions for roads, highways and rail bridges. The benefits of large scale manufacture away from sites and the fabrication of structure in controlled environments will definitely go a long way to reduce costs while ensuring faster construction and guaranteed quality.
The seminar will address faster methods of constructing bridges, which has remained a bottleneck in completing roads, and will help organisations such as Prime Minister’s Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY), NHAI, BRO & State Public Works Division (PWD) speed up bridging as the number of roads with temporary bridges or causeways where permanent bridges should have been there, is on the increase. BRO itself has a backlog of 35 Km of bridges and an equal amount in its order book for the roads under construction in the next 5 years. The interaction amongst the members in the seminar will assist the bridge engineering fraternity to speed up connectivity to far flung areas. This need is true for other areas too.
This international seminar will have eminent speakers address the audience on the subject, presentations by key personalities and a number of technical sessions where variety of papers will be presented by engineers working on this subject. The advantage of new bridge systems which are in use in other parts of the world, will also be demonstrated.
The speakers at the seminar amongst other include eminent personalities like Shri Vinay Mittal, Chairman Railway Board; Shri AK Upadhyay, Secretary, Road Transport & Highways; Shri A. P. Mishra, Member, Engineering Railway Board; Lt Gen Vijai Sharma, AVSM, Engineer – In – Chief; Shri C Kandaswamy, DG, Road Transport & Highways and Lt Gen S Ravi Shankar, PVSM, VSM, DG, BRO.
(Release ID :88765)