English Release 1-August 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President of India inaugurates International Conference on Natural Fibres
- Inauguration of the International
Conference on Natural Fibres
- The President inaugurates New Building of Ghani Khan Chowdhury Institute of Engineering and Technology at Narayanpur
- President congratulates medal winners in
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM encourages self-certification in place of affidavits and attestations to benefit the common man
- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and U.S. Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker call on PM
- Former cricketer Anil Kumble calls on PM
- Min of Agriculture
- Kharif Sowing Area Crosses 706 Lakh Hectare
- Steps to Make Farming More Profitable
- Setting up of National Fisheries Development Board
- Encouraging Farmers to Use Improved Technology for Cultivation of Cotton
- Min of Chemicals and Fertilizers
- Essential Medicines Prices
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- Capital Investment Subsidy under NEIIPP
- Sick/Closed Industrial Units
- National Design Policy
- Export Market for Grapes
- Ban on Import of Products By EU
- Export/Import of Gems/Jewellery
- Tea Export
- Export Target
- Setting up of Special Board of Spices
- Min of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution
- About 81.35 Crore People to Get Subsidised Foodgrains Under National Food Security Act
- Food Subsidy Estimated to be Around Rs. 1,31,086 Crore
- The Steps to Expedite Payment of Pending Dues to Sugarcane Farmers
- Transportation of PDS Foodgrains Through Sea Route to Ensure Timely Availability
- Min of Corporate Affairs
- Unclaimed Investment Fund with Companies
- Lacunae in Company Laws
- Min of Defence
- Defence Offset Policy
- Naval Warships and Submarines
- Tailing of Patrols in Border Areas
- Encroachment of Defence Land
- Election for Cantonment Boards
- Amount Due to IAF
- Maritime Exercise
- IAF Jaguar Aircraft Crashes
- Procurement of Fighter Aircraft
- Arrest of Somalian Pirates
- Infrastructural Developments in Border Areas
- Projects of HAL
- Naval Exercises
- Procurement of Helicopters
- Astra and Akash Missiles
- Defence Production Units
- Bird-Hits to Military Aircraft
- Sale of Tobacco Products in Defence Canteens
- One Rank One Pension
- Married Accommodation Project
- Min of Earth Science
- India Deploys its First Sub-Surface Ocean Moored Observatory in the Arctic
- Min of Environment and Forests
- ‘Clean energy path’ is the mantra for Government - Prakash Javadekar
- Ministry of Finance
- Transparency in Lending Loans Under Floating Rate Scheme
- Corporate Employers Encourage to Join National Pension System for Corporates for Providing Pension Benefits to their Employees
- Utilisation of Accumulated Pension Wealth on exit from the National Pension System for Corporates
- Sampoorn Vittiya Samaveshan Mission to be Launched Soon to Provide all Households with Banking Services
- RBI Issues Guidelines for Opening of Bank Accounts of Children
Manufacturing of Debit Cards, Credit Cards and other Cards in India
- Printing of Currency Notes with Braille Signs to Assist Visibly Challenged Persons
- Compensation by Insurance Companies
- SBI Launches Six of Digital Branches
- BRICS Development Bank to be set up to Support Infrastructure and Sustainable Development Projects among others
- Sanctioned and Acutal Strength of Employees in Central Government; 30,84,530 Civilian Employees in Position
- Small Saving Schemes for the benefit of all including Weaker Sections of Society
- No Foreclosure Charges by NBFCS on all Floating Term Loans to Individual Borrowers
Infrastructure Trust Funds to be set up to Spur Investments
- Min of Food Processing Industries
- Mega Food Parks
- Setting up of Food Processing Units
- Increasing Capacity of Cold Chain Infrastructure
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Recognition of Ayush Colleges
- Multimedia Campagins for Awareness and Prevention Regarding HIV/Aids
- Findings from NFHS-I, II and III
- 872 National Nutritional Rehabilitation Centres Functional in the Country
- Global Instrument for Health Research
- Ill Effects from Use of Oxytocin Injection
- Setting Up of Satellite Units of AIIMS
- Autism and Related Disorders
- Medical Colleges Can Now be Set up in Two Pieces of Land
- Use of Antibiotics
- ICMR: No Conclusive Data on Effects of Mobile Phone/Tower on Health
- Enforcement of Anti-Tobacco Laws
- FSSAI Regulations on Packaging and Labelling
- Pharmacy Colleges in the Country
- Financial Assistance to Poor
- Control of Fluorosis
- Polio Vaccination for Resident Nationals Travelling to India
- Cancer Care Facilities
- Min of Home Affairs
- Text of Home Minister’s Statement on Disaster in Pune
- Min of Labour & Employment
- We must judiciously tap into our natural resources and not mindlessly exploit them - Shri Narendra Singh Tomar
- Min of Micro,Small & Medium Enterprises
- Revamped Scheme of Fund for Regeneration of Traditional Industries (SFURTI)
- Min of Minority Affairs
- Schemes for Upliftment of Minorities
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- ACC Appointment
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Diesel Under-Recovery decreased to Rs 1.33/litre for the fortnight commencing 01.08.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- PPP Projects under Railways Running on Profit
- Railways will Run Six More Trains Connecting Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Katra
- Railways Take Steps to Promote Religious & Historic Tourism in the Country
- Railways to Develop 10 Major Railway Stations to International Standards
- Railways to Provide 400 More Escalators at 172 Stations
- Min of Statistics & Programme Implementation
- Survey Regarding Employment in Various Sectors
- Facilitation Centres under MPLAD Scheme
- Handpumps under MPLAD Scheme
- Per Capita Expenditure
- Min of Textiles
- Closure of Textile Industries
- Scheme for Integrated Textile Parks
- Incentive to Jute Industry
- Target for Export of Readymade Garments
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Storage Status of 85 Important Reservoirs of the Country as on July 31, 2014
- Min of Women and Child Development
- Draft Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Bill, 2014 circulated for inter-ministerial consultation
- Min of Youth Affairs & Sports
- Minister of Youth Affairs & Sports, Sarbananda Sonowal congratulates Indian medal winners on the 8th day in Commonwealth Games 2014
- Planning Commission
- Aadhar Grievances
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare03-November, 2012 17:20 IST
|Shri Ghulam Nabi Azad Inaugurates the New Office Building of the Department of AYUSH |
|Minister of Health and Family Welfare , Shri Ghulam Nabi Azad here today inaugurated the new office building of the Department of AYUSH. Shri S. Gandhiselvan, Minister of State for Health & Family welfare; Shri Anil Kumar, Secretary, AYUSH; Shri Sayan Chatterjee, Secretary & DG, NACO; Shri P.K. Pradhan, Secretary, Health & Family Welfare; Dr. V. M. Katoch, Secretary, Health Research and DG, ICMR; Dr. Jagdish Prasad, DGHS and senior officers from AYUSH and other Departments of the Ministry were also present on the occasion.
Following is the text of the speech of Shri Ghulam Nabi Azad delivered on the occasion: |
“ I am extremely happy to be present on this momentous occasion of inauguration of new office building of the Department of AYUSH.
The Department of AYUSH was created in 1995 as the Department of Indian Systems of Medicine& Homeopathy and was renamed as Department of AYUSH in the year 2003.
For any communication, two things are most important; name and address. Though the Department got its name when it was set up and was also re-christened after some time, it had to wait for 17 long years for its permanent address.
My heartiest congratulations to Shri Anil Kumar, Secretary, Department of AYUSH, and his entire team of officers for this achievement.
Over the past three decades, there has been a tremendous increase of peoples’ interest in AYUSH Systems of Medicine in many parts of the world, including developed countries which are home to the modern allopathic system of medicine.
The increasing popularity of the AYUSH systems can be gauged from the fact that the number of AYUSH colleges and registered practitioners has grown significantly over the years.
Today, we have as many as 504 AYUSH educational institutions, including 111 post-graduate teaching centres, where about 27,000 students are admitted annually.
The broad policy support of Government of India has ensured organized development of Indian Systems of Medicine and Homeopathy based on their inherent merits and strengths.
Recently, the Government has also recognized the “Sowa-Rigpa” system of Medicine, practiced in the sub-Himalayan regions of the country.
Under NRHM, mainstreaming of AYUSH is one of the core strategies to augment effective provision of the health care to the masses and bring about physical integration of health facilities of various systems.
With this strategy, AYUSH services are being introduced in the Primary Health Centers (PHCs), Community Health Centers (CHCs) and District Hospitals across the country with AYUSH doctors being utilized in various national health programs.
The Department of AYUSH, since the past few years have been laying great emphasis on improving the quality of education of AYUSH systems of medicine through normative reforms and standardization.
I am sure that the uniform implementation of these rationalized norms will further improve the quality of teaching and the practice of AYUSH systems.
During the past few decades, there have been environmental, ecological, demographic and epidemiological transitions, resulting in formidable health challenges.
Our life styles have been adversely impacted resulting in various life style diseases which are not easy to cure and require life-long and expensive treatment and management.
The emerging burden of lifestyle diseases is an important subject of multi-dimensional research and I call upon AYUSH researchers and institutions to come forward and undertake Research &Development in order to prove the worth of traditional and time-tested knowledge.
The other major challenge before AYUSH relates to the standardization and quality control of drugs.
In this direction, we have geared up the Pharmacopoeial work of Ayurveda Siddha and Unani drugs by setting up Pharmacopoeial Commission of Indian Medicine and instituting regulatory reforms.
Enforcement of Good Manufacturing Practices has been given utmost priority and a Centrally Sponsored Scheme is being implemented to support Licensing Authorities, State Pharmacies, Drug Testing Laboratories and Private Drug Manufacturers for strengthening quality control measures.
The Ministry of Health would like to see that necessary steps are taken in all spheres of Indian Medicine and Homeopathy for their overall development and optimal utilization in dealing with current and emerging health challenges.
Before I conclude, I once again congratulate and compliment the officers and staff of the AYUSH family on this move to their own premises, which is aesthetic and comfortable. It is sure to add to the productivity of the officers and staff and on this historic day, I wish for their continued success.”
(Release ID :88820)