English Release 30-September 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President congratulates medal winners in Asian Games 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of Joint Editorial by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi and US President Mr. Barack Obama, published on the website of Washington Post
- PM to share his thoughts with the countrymen through Radio
- Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi's interaction session at the Council on Foreign Relations in New York
- Vision Statement for the U.S.-India Strategic Partnership
- PM’s address and interaction at Council on Foreign Relations in New York City
- Min of Agriculture
- Inclusion of State of Bihar under Foot and Mouth Disease Control Programme (FMD-CP)
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- Index of Eight Core Industries (Base: 2004-05=100), August, 2014
- Min of Defence
- Chief of the Army Staff Takes Over as the
Honorary Colonel of Rashtriya Rifles
India US Combined Military Training Exercise
- Ministry of Finance
Change in Tariff Value of Crude Palm Oil, RBD Palm Oil, Others – Palm Oil, Crude Palmolein, RBD Palmolein, Others – Palmolein, Crude Soyabean Oil, Brass Scrap (All Grades), Poppy Seeds, Areca Nuts, Gold and Silver Notified
- Task Forces as Recommended by FSLRC Constituted for Laying the Road Map for Setting-up of Resolution Corporation (RC), Financial Data Management Centre (FDMC), Financial Sector Appellate Tribunal (FSAT) and Public Debt Management Agency (PDMA)
- Centralized Processing Center (CPC), Bengluru Becomes ISO-27001:2005 Compliant
- Min of Heavy Ind. & Public Enterprises
- Shri Kapil Dev Tripathi take Charge of Secretary Department of Public Enterprises
- Min of Home Affairs
- Union Home Minister receives contribution to PMNRF from National Police Academy
- Min of New and Renewable Energy
- First Renewable Energy Global Investment Promotion Meet & Expo to be held in February 2015
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 95.26 per bbl on 29.09.2014
- Min of Science & Technology
- Dr. Jitendra Singh lays foundation stone for new block of CSIR-Institute of Microbiol Technology at Chandigarh
- Min of Shipping
- Concept to be Finalised Soon for Impementation of the Sagar Mala Project
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India won 2 Gold, 2 Silver and 3 Bronze Medals on Day 11 of Asian Games 2014
- Min of Urban Development
- Swachh Bharat Mission Logo and Tagline contest winners to be felicitated by Prime Minister
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Uma Bharti to Administer Swachh Bharat Shapath
- Min of Women and Child Development
- Smt. Maneka Sanjay Gandhi launches the New Guaranteed Minimum Pension Scheme in Dehradun
Ministry of Human Resource Development11-November, 2012 17:2 IST
|President Unveils Aakash Version 2.0 Tablet on National Education Day |
Launches Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace and Sustainable Development
|The President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee took the occasion of National Education Day to release and dedicate to the nation, the innovative and modestly-priced Aakash Version 2.0 tablet in New Delhi today. |
Unveiled in the presence of Dr. M.M. Pallam Raju, Union Minister of Human Resource Development, Sh Jitin Prasada and Dr Shashi Tharoor, Ministers of State for Human Resource Development, Aakash Version 2.0 is a full-fledged tablet computer . IIT Bombay along with the Ministry of Human Resource Development has created several useful educational applications for the tablet. Teachers and students in the remotest corners of India can join a classroom and benefit from lectures delivered by the best teachers.
Some of the initiatives in technology-enabled education that can run on Aakash Version 2.0 tablet include Ten Thousand Teachers Training Programme – a live video interaction with participants , Clicker applications for real time feedback in country-wide classroom, Daisy Books for differently-abled students, NCERT content , GNU Khata- an accounting package for barefoot accountants in rural areas and Scholarship Portal integrated with Aadhar.
On National Education Day, which is also the 124th birth anniversary of Independent India’s first Education Minister , Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, rich tributes were paid to the great freedom fighter and eminent educationist.
President Mukherjee recalled the great visionary and extolled his exemplary contribution to nation –building, promoting secularism and particularly his indelible imprints in the field of education and culture. Sh Mukherjee also appreciated the launch of UNESCO’s Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace and Sustainable Development, which is the first Category-I Institute of India to be set up in entire Asia.
Crediting Maulana Azad for laying the foundations of India’s education system, Dr M M Pallam Raju said The Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act (2009) is indeed a major step forward in concretizing Maulana’s vision of free and compulsory education for all. He said we need to promote research and innovation in our institutions and create the right educational eco-system because in a knowledge economy, the wealth of a nation will not be measured in terms of its natural resources but in terms of its human capital. The Minister said even more important than development of job skills is the need to develop appropriate values of tolerance, non-violence, secularism and humanism amongst children and youth.
Pointing out that educational indicators for SC, ST, Minorities, Girls, OBCs and persons with disabilities show much lower levels in comparison to the general population, Sh Jitin Prasada, Minister of State for HRD said we need to understand the importance of enhancing educational participation by all sections of our society which is significant for achieving overall growth and development.
Drawing attention to a world undergoing several unprecedented changes in almost every sphere of human life, Dr Shashi Tharoor, Minister of State for HRD said it is all the more imperative that India bring about far-reaching educational reforms to cope with these dynamic challenges.
Dr. Karan Singh, India’s designated Representative to UNESCO, and Ms. Irina Bokova, Director-General UNESCO also spoke on the occasion. On the occasion, a brochure on Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace and Sustainable Development was also released.
(Release ID :88984)