English Release 1-September 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s address during his visit to Taimei Elementary School in Tokyo, Japan
- PM’s keynote address at the luncheon hosted by Nippon Kiedanren – the Japanese Chamber of Commerce and Industry, and the Japan-India Business Cooperation Committee
- PM visits Taimei Elementary School in Tokyo
- Min of Home Affairs
- Home Minister Denies Reports of Bilateral Talks with PAK Counterpart in Kathmandu
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Diesel Under-Recovery decreased to Rs 0.08/litre for the fortnight commencing 01.09.2014
Prime Minister's Office16-November, 2012 11:40 IST
|PM's message on National Press Day |
|The Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh has greeted the members of the Press on the occasion of National Press Day.|
In a message, the Prime Minister said,
"A free and fair media has been an essential pillar of our democracy. Since our struggle for freedom, media has been guiding social change, informing readers of their rights and contributing to the nation-building process by spreading awareness.
As a country, we believe in complete independence of the media from external control. It is true that sometimes irresponsible journalism can have serious consequences for social harmony and public order, which the public authorities have an obligation to maintain, but censorship is no answer. It is for the members of the Fourth Estate themselves to collectively ensure that objectivity is promoted and sensationalism is curbed. It is for them to introspect how best they can serve our country and society and advance their well being."
(Release ID :89068)