English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi’s address at the ceremony held to rededicate, Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, in Mumbai
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Press Note
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh says Indian bureaucrats need constant re-orientation as they face new challenges every day
Ministry of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports17-November, 2012 16:39 IST
|Youth Affairs and Sports Minister Visits Sports Stadia and National Dope Test Laboratory in Delhi |
|The Youth Affairs & Sports Minister Shri Jitendra Singh has said that the “come and play scheme” is an excellent and innovative scheme for better utilization of sports stadia. Making a statement after visiting six stadiums and National Dope Test Laboratory (NDTL) here today he said, for creating and upkeep of sports infrastructure in the country more funds are required and his Ministry is working towards generating such funds. |
Shri Jitendra Singh accompanied by Secretary Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports Shri P.K. Deb visited J.N. Stadium Complex and Weightlifting Auditorium, Chhatrasal Stadium, Dr. Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Swimmimg Pool Complex, Thyagraj Stadium and Siri Fort Sports Complex of Badminton and Squash . He interacted with a number of sports persons such as Mahabali Satpal , Olympian medalist Sushil Kumar and Yogishwar Dutt and school children utilising the facilities at these venues. The Minister also sought suggestions from the sports persons on how to further strengthen the sports infrastructure in the country to make it more user friendly with modern and state of the art technology.
The Minister lauded the efforts of the National Dope Testing Laboratory (NDTL) for providing accurate testing facilities for dope testing of sports persons. He noted that NDTL is one of the 33 WADA accreditated laboratories in the world and 6th in Asia. The Minister was informed that since 2010 NDTL has received about Rs 5.5 crore as dope testing fee from international testing.
(Release ID :89092)