English Release 19-June 2013
- Presidents Secretariat
- President of India to visit Tripura from June 20 to 21
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM announces 1000 crore rupee disaster relief for Uttarakhand
- PM congratulates President-elect Rowhani of Iran
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
Extension of time for receiving comments on draft amendments to the Interconnection Regulations applicable for Digital Addressable Cable Television Systems (DAS) and Tariff Order applicable for all addressable systems
- Min of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution
National Consumer Helpline Records 12,704 Calls in may, 2013
- Min of Defence
- Armed Forces Mount Massive Relief Operations in Uttarakhand and Himachal
- Ministry of Finance
Government Approves 1 Proposal of Foreign Direct Investment Amounting to About Rs.7.00 Crore
- India and World Bank Sign Us$ 216 Million Agreement
for Kerala State Transport Project
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Smt. Santosh Chowdhary takes over as Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare
- Min of Human Resource Development
- MoS for HRD Shri Jitin Prasada visits Seoul International Book Fair (SIBF) 2013
- HRD Ministry to Strengthen Monitoring System of Mid Day Meal Scheme
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- MoPNG rebuts allegations regarding KG D-6 Field
- International crude oil price of Indian Basket declines to
103.20/US$ bbl on 18.6.2013
- Ministry of Railways
- Commodity-Wise Freight Revenue by Railways Goes up by 8.66 Per Cent During April-May 2013
- Shri Mallikarjun Kharge Takes Over as Minister of Railways
- Min of Shipping
Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust Signs Concession Agreement with M/s. Nhava Sheva (India) Gateway Terminal Pvt. Ltd
- Min of Textiles
- K S Rao Takes Charge as New Textiles Minister
- Ministry of Tourism
- Tourism Minister Announces New Campaign to Promote Himalayas
Ministry of Water Resources19-November, 2012 18:47 IST
|“Water Conservation Day” Celebrated |
Need to Generate Mass Awareness to Save Water for Saving Future: Harish Rawat
|The Union Ministry of Water Resources today organised a function to mark birth anniversary of late Mrs Indira Gandhi, the 1st woman Prime Minister of India “ the National Integration as celebrate “Water Conservation Day". It was intended to create awareness regarding concern about depleting water resources & its vision for the water underlining the Ministry’s commitment to be an active contributor to the sustainability of this very important natural resource. |
Shri Harish Rawat, Union Minister of Water Resources presided over the function and Shri Rajendra Singh, the Raman Magasaysay Winner 2001 and President of ‘Tarun Bharat Sangh’ , was the guest speaker.
Speaking on the occasion Shri Harish Rawat emphasized on the importance of water conservation as the need of the hour in view of the limited resources and growing demand for domestic, industrial and agricultural uses. He said we have to make concerted efforts to save water for our future generations. He also cautioned on the instances of water pollution emerging out as a potential health menace. Shri Rawat also advocated for the cleaning of rivers and said that adequate attention has been given to this issue in the National River policy.
Shri Rajendra Singh, the noted water conservation activist highlighted the importance of water and shared his experiences.
Shri Dhruv Vijai Singh, Secretary (Water Resources) addressed the gathering and emphasized that the event was organized to create awareness on concerns and vision for the water in view of the depleting water resources. He briefed about the various steps taken by MoWR like Artificial Recharge, Rain Water Harvesting and Mass Awareness Programme for augmenting water resources. The Vote of Thanks was proposed by Shri N.S. Samant, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Water Resources.
The Inaugural function was followed by technical presentations on Water Conservation by Central Water Commission, Central Ground Water Board and Delhi Jal Board.
A programme on water conservation was organised by FORCE, an NGO active in the field of water conservation wherein the student/children group associated with the NGO presented a street play on water conservation “Dharti ka Neerharan” by children which was followed by views of various RWA’s on water conservation. A small exhibition was also arranged of the theme at the venue.
(Release ID :89124)