English Release 28-November 2014
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Cyber Security Violations
- Ministry of Finance
- India Signs Agreement with ADB for a Loan of Us $100 Million to Support Kerala’s Additional Skill Acquisition Program; 2,35,000 Needy Students in Kerala to be Benefited under the Program during 2014-2018
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Healthcare Services in North-Eastern Region
- Essential Drugs
- Allocation of Funds Under NRHM
- Financial Assistance for Health Sectors in the Country
- Ban on Testing of Cosmetics on Animals
- Funds Allocation for Strengthening Health Care System Under National Health Mission
- Steps taken to Curb Adulteration in Food Items
- Steps Taken to Modernise CGHS Centres
- Decline in Death due to Rabies
- Taxation on Beedis and Cigarettes
- Setting up new AIIMS like Institutes under PMSSY
- Universal Immunization Programme
- Upgradation of Medical Colleges Under PMSSY
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- MOU between India and Mozambique on cooperation in the field of Oil and Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 72.51 per bbl on 27.11.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- Round the Clock All India Security Helpline ‘1800-111-322’ for Train Passengers is Operational
- Railways allow PPP in Computerized Passenger Reservation System
- 3289 Coaches Manufactured by Railway Production Units during 2013-14
- Religious Circuit Trains to Connect more Pilgrimage Places
- Min of Tribal Affairs
- Vanbandhu Kalyan Yojana
- Committee on Condition of Tribals
- Min of Urban Development
- Do smart cities protect interests of children?
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Storage Status of 85 Important Reservoirs of the Country as on November 27, 2014
Ministry of Water Resources19-November, 2012 18:47 IST
|“Water Conservation Day” Celebrated |
Need to Generate Mass Awareness to Save Water for Saving Future: Harish Rawat
|The Union Ministry of Water Resources today organised a function to mark birth anniversary of late Mrs Indira Gandhi, the 1st woman Prime Minister of India “ the National Integration as celebrate “Water Conservation Day". It was intended to create awareness regarding concern about depleting water resources & its vision for the water underlining the Ministry’s commitment to be an active contributor to the sustainability of this very important natural resource. |
Shri Harish Rawat, Union Minister of Water Resources presided over the function and Shri Rajendra Singh, the Raman Magasaysay Winner 2001 and President of ‘Tarun Bharat Sangh’ , was the guest speaker.
Speaking on the occasion Shri Harish Rawat emphasized on the importance of water conservation as the need of the hour in view of the limited resources and growing demand for domestic, industrial and agricultural uses. He said we have to make concerted efforts to save water for our future generations. He also cautioned on the instances of water pollution emerging out as a potential health menace. Shri Rawat also advocated for the cleaning of rivers and said that adequate attention has been given to this issue in the National River policy.
Shri Rajendra Singh, the noted water conservation activist highlighted the importance of water and shared his experiences.
Shri Dhruv Vijai Singh, Secretary (Water Resources) addressed the gathering and emphasized that the event was organized to create awareness on concerns and vision for the water in view of the depleting water resources. He briefed about the various steps taken by MoWR like Artificial Recharge, Rain Water Harvesting and Mass Awareness Programme for augmenting water resources. The Vote of Thanks was proposed by Shri N.S. Samant, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Water Resources.
The Inaugural function was followed by technical presentations on Water Conservation by Central Water Commission, Central Ground Water Board and Delhi Jal Board.
A programme on water conservation was organised by FORCE, an NGO active in the field of water conservation wherein the student/children group associated with the NGO presented a street play on water conservation “Dharti ka Neerharan” by children which was followed by views of various RWA’s on water conservation. A small exhibition was also arranged of the theme at the venue.
(Release ID :89124)