English Release 15-April 2014
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Officers Attending APPPA Programme of IIPA Call on Vice President
- Delegation of Delhi Fire Service Calls on Vice President to Observe Fire Service Week
- Election Commission
- ECI Launches 2014 Election Visitors Programme
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- Index Numbers of Wholesale Price in India (Base: 2004-05=100)
- Ministry of Finance
- Auction for Sale (Re-Issue) of Government Stock
- Min of Law & Justice
- Shri Prabhat Kumar Jha and Shri Jitendra Mohan Sharma to be Additional Judges of the Patna High Court
- Shri Sushil Kumar Palo to be an Additional Judge of the Madhya Pradesh High Court
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Shri Arvind Mayaram Designated as Finance Secretary
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket increased marginally to
US$ 105.91 per bbl on 14.4.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- Portal ‘Railsaver’ to Improve Energy Efficiency on Indian Railways Inaugurated
- Min of Statistics & Programme Implementation
- Consumer Price Index Numbers on Base 2010=100 for Rural, Urban and Combined for the Month of March, 2014
Ministry of Finance22-November, 2012 16:52 IST
|Technical Panel to Firm up Views on Major IT Cases |
|With a view to provide clarity on contentious legal issues, promote consistency of approach on a given issue and reduce litigation, the following institutional mechanism to formulate ‘Departmental View’ on contentious legal issues has been set up by the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT); |
(i) A Standing Committee in the Central Board of Direct Taxes known as “Central Technical Committee (CTC) on Departmental View” has been constituted.
(ii) In order that the contentious legal issues are first discussed at the local level and duly filtered, each CCIT (CCA) has constituted a “Regional Technical Committee” (RTC).
CTC can receive references for CBDT, RTCs and Directors of Income Tax (Legal & Research). The CTC may also pick up any issue for consideration suo motu.
CTC is required to take up references to formulate ‘Departmental View’ considering their relative importance. Once approved by the CBDT, the ‘Departmental View’ is to be issued as a Circular.
This was stated by the Minister of State for Finance, Shri S.S. Palanimanickam in written reply to a question in the Rajya Sabha today.
* * *
(Release ID :89203)