English Release 27-July 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President congratulates medal winners in
- President of India conveys condolences over death of seven persons in crash of an Advanced Light Helicopter of Indian Air Force
- Min of Earth Science
- Ministry of Earth Sciences Celebrates its Foundation Day
- Min of Shipping
- Policy for Growth of Indian Controlled Tonnage
- Min of Youth Affairs & Sports
- Minister of Youth Affairs & Sports, Sarbananda Sonowal congratulates Indian medal winners on the 3rd day in commonwealth Games 2014
Ministry of Finance22-November, 2012 16:52 IST
|Technical Panel to Firm up Views on Major IT Cases |
|With a view to provide clarity on contentious legal issues, promote consistency of approach on a given issue and reduce litigation, the following institutional mechanism to formulate ‘Departmental View’ on contentious legal issues has been set up by the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT); |
(i) A Standing Committee in the Central Board of Direct Taxes known as “Central Technical Committee (CTC) on Departmental View” has been constituted.
(ii) In order that the contentious legal issues are first discussed at the local level and duly filtered, each CCIT (CCA) has constituted a “Regional Technical Committee” (RTC).
CTC can receive references for CBDT, RTCs and Directors of Income Tax (Legal & Research). The CTC may also pick up any issue for consideration suo motu.
CTC is required to take up references to formulate ‘Departmental View’ considering their relative importance. Once approved by the CBDT, the ‘Departmental View’ is to be issued as a Circular.
This was stated by the Minister of State for Finance, Shri S.S. Palanimanickam in written reply to a question in the Rajya Sabha today.
* * *
(Release ID :89203)