English Release 23-August 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President Inaugurates 6th Edition of KKM Memorial Gold Cup - Rural Football Tournament
- President Underlines Importance of Quality Education
- President of India Condoles The Passing Away of U R Ananthamurthy
- President calls upon IITs to play a pivotal role in developing newer cutting edge technologies
- Prime Minister's Office
- Gujarat CM calls on PM
- PM condoles loss of life in floods in the states of Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and Assam
- PM meets youth of Gujjar-Bakkarwal communities from Jammu and Kashmir
- Prime Minister receives Tamil National Alliance delegation
- Min of Agriculture
- Union Agriculture Minister lays Foundation Stone for Saffron Park Project at Pampore, Pulwama
- Min of Defence
- First Indigenously Built Stealth Anti-Submarine Warfare Ship- INS Kamorta- Commissioned
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- All systems in AIIMS under review: Dr Harsh Vardhan
- Min of Human Resource Development
- India-South Australia Collaboration in Education and Vocational Training Sector
- Min of Social Justice & Empowerment
- States should emphasise on Empowerment and Inclusion of the Disabled, says Minister of Social Justice & Empowerment
- Min of Steel
- Shri Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurates “Heat Hardening Pelletisation Unit” at SAIL, Ranchi
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Brahmaputra in High Flood Situation
- Ghagra Continues to Flow in High Flood Situation
Ministry of Finance22-November, 2012 16:52 IST
|Technical Panel to Firm up Views on Major IT Cases |
|With a view to provide clarity on contentious legal issues, promote consistency of approach on a given issue and reduce litigation, the following institutional mechanism to formulate ‘Departmental View’ on contentious legal issues has been set up by the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT); |
(i) A Standing Committee in the Central Board of Direct Taxes known as “Central Technical Committee (CTC) on Departmental View” has been constituted.
(ii) In order that the contentious legal issues are first discussed at the local level and duly filtered, each CCIT (CCA) has constituted a “Regional Technical Committee” (RTC).
CTC can receive references for CBDT, RTCs and Directors of Income Tax (Legal & Research). The CTC may also pick up any issue for consideration suo motu.
CTC is required to take up references to formulate ‘Departmental View’ considering their relative importance. Once approved by the CBDT, the ‘Departmental View’ is to be issued as a Circular.
This was stated by the Minister of State for Finance, Shri S.S. Palanimanickam in written reply to a question in the Rajya Sabha today.
* * *
(Release ID :89203)