English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi’s address at the ceremony held to rededicate, Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, in Mumbai
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Press Note
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh says Indian bureaucrats need constant re-orientation as they face new challenges every day
Ministry of Finance22-November, 2012 16:52 IST
|Technical Panel to Firm up Views on Major IT Cases |
|With a view to provide clarity on contentious legal issues, promote consistency of approach on a given issue and reduce litigation, the following institutional mechanism to formulate ‘Departmental View’ on contentious legal issues has been set up by the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT); |
(i) A Standing Committee in the Central Board of Direct Taxes known as “Central Technical Committee (CTC) on Departmental View” has been constituted.
(ii) In order that the contentious legal issues are first discussed at the local level and duly filtered, each CCIT (CCA) has constituted a “Regional Technical Committee” (RTC).
CTC can receive references for CBDT, RTCs and Directors of Income Tax (Legal & Research). The CTC may also pick up any issue for consideration suo motu.
CTC is required to take up references to formulate ‘Departmental View’ considering their relative importance. Once approved by the CBDT, the ‘Departmental View’ is to be issued as a Circular.
This was stated by the Minister of State for Finance, Shri S.S. Palanimanickam in written reply to a question in the Rajya Sabha today.
* * *
(Release ID :89203)