English Release 23-April 2014
- Election Commission
Overall Facts at A Glance of 6th Polling Day on 24th April, 2014
- Facts at a Glance: Jammu & Kashmir (6th Poll Day)
- Min of Civil Aviation
DGCA Allows Use of Cellphone During Flight
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Production Performance of Oil & Natural Gas sector for the month of March, 2014
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket increased to US$ 107.08 per bbl on 22.4.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- Mobile and Desktop APP on Windows 8.0 for National Train Enquiry System (NTES) Commenced
Ministry of Finance22-November, 2012 16:52 IST
|Technical Panel to Firm up Views on Major IT Cases |
|With a view to provide clarity on contentious legal issues, promote consistency of approach on a given issue and reduce litigation, the following institutional mechanism to formulate ‘Departmental View’ on contentious legal issues has been set up by the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT); |
(i) A Standing Committee in the Central Board of Direct Taxes known as “Central Technical Committee (CTC) on Departmental View” has been constituted.
(ii) In order that the contentious legal issues are first discussed at the local level and duly filtered, each CCIT (CCA) has constituted a “Regional Technical Committee” (RTC).
CTC can receive references for CBDT, RTCs and Directors of Income Tax (Legal & Research). The CTC may also pick up any issue for consideration suo motu.
CTC is required to take up references to formulate ‘Departmental View’ considering their relative importance. Once approved by the CBDT, the ‘Departmental View’ is to be issued as a Circular.
This was stated by the Minister of State for Finance, Shri S.S. Palanimanickam in written reply to a question in the Rajya Sabha today.
* * *
(Release ID :89203)