English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi’s address at the ceremony held to rededicate, Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, in Mumbai
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Press Note
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh says Indian bureaucrats need constant re-orientation as they face new challenges every day
Ministry of Urban Development22-November, 2012 17:16 IST
|Progress of Airport Metro Express Line of Delhi |
|The repair work for the Delhi Airport Metro Express line was started in August 2012 after approval of repair methodology. |
The Govt. had constituted a two member Enquiry Committee on 24.07.2012, comprising Additional Member (Works), Railway Board, Ministry of Railways and Additional Secretary & Chief Vigilance Officer (CVO), Ministry of Urban Development.
Prima facie, the investigations by the Joint Inspection Committee (JIC) comprising Ministry of Railways, Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (DMRC), M/s Delhi Airport Metro Express Pvt. Ltd. (DAMEPL) and M/s SYSTRA, the design consultant, showed that there were defects in civil works, such as crushing of grout material below and above the bearings, deformation, cracks and shifting of bearings at many locations. In addition, certain cracks and twist in some of the girders were noticed. The repair work has now been completed.
The Commissioner of Metro Railway Safety (CMRS) would inspect and issue certificate before the line is opened for commercial operations. The CMRS has not inspected the line, after repairs, so far.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Urban Development Smt. Deepa Dasmunshi in a written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :89217)