English Release 30-August 2014
- President's Secretariat
President of India’s Message on the Eve of National Day of Trinidad and Tobago
President of India’s Message on the Eve of National Day of Malaysia
- President of India to Attend 14th Convocation of the University of Jammu
- Prime Minister's Office
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi starts his Japan visit with a private dinner with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe
- PM arrives in Japan
- PM condoles the passing away of Shri Bipan Chandra
- Ministry of Finance
- Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana: No Burden on Banks Rather Makes A Reasonable Business Case for Them
- Steps Taken by the Government Starts Showing Results: GDP Shows A Growth Rate Of 5.7 Per Cent in Q1 Of 2014-15 Over the Corresponding Quarter of the Previous Year; Headline WPI Inflation Comes Down to 5.1 Per Cent in July 2014 Among Others
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Dr Harsh Vardhan witnesses grassroots health system dysfunction and
meets doctor couple with rare commitment
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- Environment and Progress Can Go Hand in Hand, Says Javadekar at the Convocation for Indian Forest Service Probationers in Dehradun
Ministry of Urban Development22-November, 2012 17:16 IST
|Progress of Airport Metro Express Line of Delhi |
|The repair work for the Delhi Airport Metro Express line was started in August 2012 after approval of repair methodology. |
The Govt. had constituted a two member Enquiry Committee on 24.07.2012, comprising Additional Member (Works), Railway Board, Ministry of Railways and Additional Secretary & Chief Vigilance Officer (CVO), Ministry of Urban Development.
Prima facie, the investigations by the Joint Inspection Committee (JIC) comprising Ministry of Railways, Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (DMRC), M/s Delhi Airport Metro Express Pvt. Ltd. (DAMEPL) and M/s SYSTRA, the design consultant, showed that there were defects in civil works, such as crushing of grout material below and above the bearings, deformation, cracks and shifting of bearings at many locations. In addition, certain cracks and twist in some of the girders were noticed. The repair work has now been completed.
The Commissioner of Metro Railway Safety (CMRS) would inspect and issue certificate before the line is opened for commercial operations. The CMRS has not inspected the line, after repairs, so far.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Urban Development Smt. Deepa Dasmunshi in a written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :89217)