English Release 16-April 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Probationers of Indian Postal Service and Indian P&T Accounts and Finance Service call on the President
- Election Commission
- Facts at a Glance: Jammu & Kashmir (5th Poll Day)
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- Indian Industry has an Important Role to Play in Developing Standards: Cabinet Secretary
- Ministry of Finance
- Change in Tariff Value of Crude Palm Oil, RBD Palm Oil, Others – Palm Oil, Crude Palmolein, RBD Palmolein, Others – Palmolein, Crude Soyabean Oil, Brass Scrap (All Grades), Poppy Seeds, ARECA Nuts, Gold and Silver Notified
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- 61st National Film Awards for 2013 Announced
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- ACC Appointments
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Diesel Under-Recovery declines to Rs 5.49/litre for the fortnight commencing 16.4.2014
Ministry of Urban Development22-November, 2012 17:16 IST
|Progress of Airport Metro Express Line of Delhi |
|The repair work for the Delhi Airport Metro Express line was started in August 2012 after approval of repair methodology. |
The Govt. had constituted a two member Enquiry Committee on 24.07.2012, comprising Additional Member (Works), Railway Board, Ministry of Railways and Additional Secretary & Chief Vigilance Officer (CVO), Ministry of Urban Development.
Prima facie, the investigations by the Joint Inspection Committee (JIC) comprising Ministry of Railways, Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (DMRC), M/s Delhi Airport Metro Express Pvt. Ltd. (DAMEPL) and M/s SYSTRA, the design consultant, showed that there were defects in civil works, such as crushing of grout material below and above the bearings, deformation, cracks and shifting of bearings at many locations. In addition, certain cracks and twist in some of the girders were noticed. The repair work has now been completed.
The Commissioner of Metro Railway Safety (CMRS) would inspect and issue certificate before the line is opened for commercial operations. The CMRS has not inspected the line, after repairs, so far.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Urban Development Smt. Deepa Dasmunshi in a written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :89217)