English Release 19-December 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM conveys best wishes to people of Goa, on Goa Liberation Day
- PM condoles the passing away of eminent Gandhian Shri Chunibhai Vaidya
- Min of Defence
- Chairman COSC & CAS Air Chief Marshal Arup Raha leaves
for a two day visit to Mumbai
- Min of Environment and Forests
- Report of the High Level Committee headed by Shri T.S.R. Subramanian to review various Acts administered by Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 58.22 per bbl on 18.12.2014
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Storage Status of 85 Important Reservoirs of the Country as on December 18, 2014
Ministry of Urban Development22-November, 2012 17:16 IST
|Progress of Airport Metro Express Line of Delhi |
|The repair work for the Delhi Airport Metro Express line was started in August 2012 after approval of repair methodology. |
The Govt. had constituted a two member Enquiry Committee on 24.07.2012, comprising Additional Member (Works), Railway Board, Ministry of Railways and Additional Secretary & Chief Vigilance Officer (CVO), Ministry of Urban Development.
Prima facie, the investigations by the Joint Inspection Committee (JIC) comprising Ministry of Railways, Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (DMRC), M/s Delhi Airport Metro Express Pvt. Ltd. (DAMEPL) and M/s SYSTRA, the design consultant, showed that there were defects in civil works, such as crushing of grout material below and above the bearings, deformation, cracks and shifting of bearings at many locations. In addition, certain cracks and twist in some of the girders were noticed. The repair work has now been completed.
The Commissioner of Metro Railway Safety (CMRS) would inspect and issue certificate before the line is opened for commercial operations. The CMRS has not inspected the line, after repairs, so far.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Urban Development Smt. Deepa Dasmunshi in a written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :89217)