English Release 17-April 2014
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Addresses at Golden Jubilee and 48th Convocation of the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- Commerce Secretary to Lead High-Level Delegation to India Show in Hong Kong
- Min of Defence
Indian Air Force Placement Cell (IAFPC) and Monster India Collaborate to Foster Job Opportunities for Retired Air Warriors
Admiral RK Dhowan PVSM, AVSM, YSM
- Admiral RK Dhowan Appointed the New CNS
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket increased to US$ 107.50 per bbl on 16.4.2014
- Ministry of Railways
Commodity-Wise Freight Revenue Earnings During Fiscal 2013-14
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Storage of Important Reservoirs in the Country (As on 27 March 2014)
Ministry of Tourism22-November, 2012 17:18 IST
|Development of Infrastructure for Tourism in States |
| Development and promotion of tourism infrastructure in the country including Goa, Andaman and Nicobar, Odisha, West Bengal, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand and Jammu and Kashmir are primarily the responsibility of the State Governments/Union Territory Administrations (UTs). Ministry of Tourism (MOT), however, provides Central Financial Assistance to States/UTs for tourism projects based on the proposals received from them as per the Scheme Guidelines, inter-se priority and subject to availability of funds. Tourism projects to be funded by MOT are decided in consultation with the States/UTs in prioritization meetings held every year. |
The Ministry of Tourism has appointed a National Level Consultant (NLC) to identify Tourism Circuits in each State (except North Eastern States) and Union Territory (UT) for development of Tourism infrastructure in association with the States/UTs, during the 12th Plan period.
International Tourist Arrivals depend on various factors like economic condition of the source market, air connectivity, availability of reasonably priced hotel accommodation, etc.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Tourism (IC) Dr. K. Chiranjeevi in a written reply in the Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :89219)