English Release 28-July 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President congratulates medal winners in
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Greets Citizens On Id-Ul-Fitr
- Min of Environment and Forests
- Advertising campaign to be launched to popularize Science Express- Biodiversity Special- Prakash Javadekar
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket increased marginally to
US$ 106.01 per bbl on 25.07.2014
- Min of Women and Child Development
- The Number of Beneficiaries Covered under ICPS on the Rise
- Total of 3924 Children placed in In-Country adoption during 2013-14
- Min of Youth Affairs & Sports
- India wins 5 Medals on Day 4 of the Commonwealth Games 2014
Ministry of Tourism22-November, 2012 17:18 IST
|Development of Infrastructure for Tourism in States |
| Development and promotion of tourism infrastructure in the country including Goa, Andaman and Nicobar, Odisha, West Bengal, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand and Jammu and Kashmir are primarily the responsibility of the State Governments/Union Territory Administrations (UTs). Ministry of Tourism (MOT), however, provides Central Financial Assistance to States/UTs for tourism projects based on the proposals received from them as per the Scheme Guidelines, inter-se priority and subject to availability of funds. Tourism projects to be funded by MOT are decided in consultation with the States/UTs in prioritization meetings held every year. |
The Ministry of Tourism has appointed a National Level Consultant (NLC) to identify Tourism Circuits in each State (except North Eastern States) and Union Territory (UT) for development of Tourism infrastructure in association with the States/UTs, during the 12th Plan period.
International Tourist Arrivals depend on various factors like economic condition of the source market, air connectivity, availability of reasonably priced hotel accommodation, etc.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Tourism (IC) Dr. K. Chiranjeevi in a written reply in the Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :89219)