English Release 31-October 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- Sidelights – Run For Unity Event at Rajpath, New Delhi
- PM flags off, joins Run For Unity on Sardar Patel Jayanti
- PM remembers Smt. Indira Gandhi on her Punya Tithi
- PM pays tributes to Sardar Patel on his birth anniversary
- Min of Home Affairs
- “Police Stations should become Temples of Justice,” says Rajnath Singh
- Min of Parliamentary Affairs
- Standing Committee on Railways invites suggestions on Railways(Amendment) Bill, 2014
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 84.77 per bbl on 30.10.2014
Ministry of Tourism22-November, 2012 17:18 IST
|Development of Infrastructure for Tourism in States |
| Development and promotion of tourism infrastructure in the country including Goa, Andaman and Nicobar, Odisha, West Bengal, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand and Jammu and Kashmir are primarily the responsibility of the State Governments/Union Territory Administrations (UTs). Ministry of Tourism (MOT), however, provides Central Financial Assistance to States/UTs for tourism projects based on the proposals received from them as per the Scheme Guidelines, inter-se priority and subject to availability of funds. Tourism projects to be funded by MOT are decided in consultation with the States/UTs in prioritization meetings held every year. |
The Ministry of Tourism has appointed a National Level Consultant (NLC) to identify Tourism Circuits in each State (except North Eastern States) and Union Territory (UT) for development of Tourism infrastructure in association with the States/UTs, during the 12th Plan period.
International Tourist Arrivals depend on various factors like economic condition of the source market, air connectivity, availability of reasonably priced hotel accommodation, etc.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Tourism (IC) Dr. K. Chiranjeevi in a written reply in the Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :89219)