English Release 10-March 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President of India to present standard to 112 HU and colours to 4 BRD of Indian Air Force tomorrow
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Releases Book “Sunrise in Slums”
- Election Commission
- Fact Sheet on Nagaland
- Fact Sheet on Meghalaya
- Voter turnout in General Elections 2009: Lowest in J&K and Highest in Nagaland
- Fact Sheet on Manipur
- Min of Culture
- Festival of India in Vietnam
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket increases to 105.81 per bbl on 07.3.2014
Ministry of Tourism22-November, 2012 17:18 IST
|Development of Infrastructure for Tourism in States |
| Development and promotion of tourism infrastructure in the country including Goa, Andaman and Nicobar, Odisha, West Bengal, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand and Jammu and Kashmir are primarily the responsibility of the State Governments/Union Territory Administrations (UTs). Ministry of Tourism (MOT), however, provides Central Financial Assistance to States/UTs for tourism projects based on the proposals received from them as per the Scheme Guidelines, inter-se priority and subject to availability of funds. Tourism projects to be funded by MOT are decided in consultation with the States/UTs in prioritization meetings held every year. |
The Ministry of Tourism has appointed a National Level Consultant (NLC) to identify Tourism Circuits in each State (except North Eastern States) and Union Territory (UT) for development of Tourism infrastructure in association with the States/UTs, during the 12th Plan period.
International Tourist Arrivals depend on various factors like economic condition of the source market, air connectivity, availability of reasonably priced hotel accommodation, etc.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Tourism (IC) Dr. K. Chiranjeevi in a written reply in the Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :89219)