English Release 24-April 2014
- Election Commission
- List of Contesting Candidates for Parliamentry Constituences(for Poll Dates Till 24 th April)
- Min of Civil Aviation
Delhi Airport to Become Zero Diversionary Airport
- Min of Culture
- Festival of India in China – Launch of Logo, Release of Posters and Webpage
- Min of Earth Science
- IMD Releases Long Range Forecast for the 2014 Southwest Monsoon Season Rainfall
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2012
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket decline marginally to US$ 106.81 per bbl on 23.4.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- International Conference on - ‘Emerging Fire Protection Technologies for Rolling Stock’ Inaugurated
Ministry of Tourism22-November, 2012 17:18 IST
|Development of Infrastructure for Tourism in States |
| Development and promotion of tourism infrastructure in the country including Goa, Andaman and Nicobar, Odisha, West Bengal, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand and Jammu and Kashmir are primarily the responsibility of the State Governments/Union Territory Administrations (UTs). Ministry of Tourism (MOT), however, provides Central Financial Assistance to States/UTs for tourism projects based on the proposals received from them as per the Scheme Guidelines, inter-se priority and subject to availability of funds. Tourism projects to be funded by MOT are decided in consultation with the States/UTs in prioritization meetings held every year. |
The Ministry of Tourism has appointed a National Level Consultant (NLC) to identify Tourism Circuits in each State (except North Eastern States) and Union Territory (UT) for development of Tourism infrastructure in association with the States/UTs, during the 12th Plan period.
International Tourist Arrivals depend on various factors like economic condition of the source market, air connectivity, availability of reasonably priced hotel accommodation, etc.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Tourism (IC) Dr. K. Chiranjeevi in a written reply in the Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :89219)