English Release 30-August 2014
- President's Secretariat
President of India’s Message on the Eve of National Day of Trinidad and Tobago
President of India’s Message on the Eve of National Day of Malaysia
- President of India to Attend 14th Convocation of the University of Jammu
- Prime Minister's Office
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi starts his Japan visit with a private dinner with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe
- PM arrives in Japan
- PM condoles the passing away of Shri Bipan Chandra
- Ministry of Finance
- Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana: No Burden on Banks Rather Makes A Reasonable Business Case for Them
- Steps Taken by the Government Starts Showing Results: GDP Shows A Growth Rate Of 5.7 Per Cent in Q1 Of 2014-15 Over the Corresponding Quarter of the Previous Year; Headline WPI Inflation Comes Down to 5.1 Per Cent in July 2014 Among Others
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Dr Harsh Vardhan witnesses grassroots health system dysfunction and
meets doctor couple with rare commitment
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- Environment and Progress Can Go Hand in Hand, Says Javadekar at the Convocation for Indian Forest Service Probationers in Dehradun
Ministry of Micro,Small & Medium Enterprises22-November, 2012 17:19 IST
|Artisan Based Industries |
|The Government monitors the registered and unregistered sectors by conducting periodic Census of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in the country. As per the Fourth All India Census of MSMEs, 2006-07, the share of registered and unregistered sectors are 4.32% and 95.68% respectively. The erstwhile process of registration of Small Scale Industries with District Industries Centres has been done away with. With effect from October, 2006, a new procedure of filing of Entrepreneurs’ Memorandum (EM), has been introduced in accordance with Section 8 of the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Development Act, 2006. Filing of EM is optional for Micro and Small Enterprises and is mandatory for medium enterprises. Office of Development Commissioner (MSME) through its field offices (MSME-DIs) publicises and motivates entrepreneurs to file EM. State Governments also make publicity efforts for filing of EM through District Industries Centres. |
The percentage share of micro enterprises in the registered and unregistered sector, as per Fourth All India Census of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises 2006-2007, is 94.94% and 99.83% respectively.
The steps taken by the Government to protect the interests of the artisan based industries are as follows:
(i) Khadi Karigar Janshree Bima Yojana
(ii) Artisans Welfare Funds Trusts
(iii) Workshed Scheme for Khadi Artisans.
(iv) Strengthening Infrastructure of existing weak Khadi Institutions and Assistance for Marketing Infrastucture.
(v) Scheme for Enhancing Productivity & Competitiveness of Khadi Industry and Artisans.
(vi) Special Fund for Regeneration of Traditional Industries (SFURTI)
(vii) REMOT scheme of Coir Board.
This information was given by the Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, Shri K. H. Muniyappa in a written reply to a question in the Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :89220)