English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi’s address at the ceremony held to rededicate, Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, in Mumbai
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Press Note
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh says Indian bureaucrats need constant re-orientation as they face new challenges every day
Ministry of Micro,Small & Medium Enterprises22-November, 2012 17:19 IST
|Artisan Based Industries |
|The Government monitors the registered and unregistered sectors by conducting periodic Census of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in the country. As per the Fourth All India Census of MSMEs, 2006-07, the share of registered and unregistered sectors are 4.32% and 95.68% respectively. The erstwhile process of registration of Small Scale Industries with District Industries Centres has been done away with. With effect from October, 2006, a new procedure of filing of Entrepreneurs’ Memorandum (EM), has been introduced in accordance with Section 8 of the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Development Act, 2006. Filing of EM is optional for Micro and Small Enterprises and is mandatory for medium enterprises. Office of Development Commissioner (MSME) through its field offices (MSME-DIs) publicises and motivates entrepreneurs to file EM. State Governments also make publicity efforts for filing of EM through District Industries Centres. |
The percentage share of micro enterprises in the registered and unregistered sector, as per Fourth All India Census of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises 2006-2007, is 94.94% and 99.83% respectively.
The steps taken by the Government to protect the interests of the artisan based industries are as follows:
(i) Khadi Karigar Janshree Bima Yojana
(ii) Artisans Welfare Funds Trusts
(iii) Workshed Scheme for Khadi Artisans.
(iv) Strengthening Infrastructure of existing weak Khadi Institutions and Assistance for Marketing Infrastucture.
(v) Scheme for Enhancing Productivity & Competitiveness of Khadi Industry and Artisans.
(vi) Special Fund for Regeneration of Traditional Industries (SFURTI)
(vii) REMOT scheme of Coir Board.
This information was given by the Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, Shri K. H. Muniyappa in a written reply to a question in the Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :89220)