English Release 19-June 2013
- Presidents Secretariat
- President of India to visit Tripura from June 20 to 21
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM announces 1000 crore rupee disaster relief for Uttarakhand
- PM congratulates President-elect Rowhani of Iran
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
Extension of time for receiving comments on draft amendments to the Interconnection Regulations applicable for Digital Addressable Cable Television Systems (DAS) and Tariff Order applicable for all addressable systems
- Min of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution
National Consumer Helpline Records 12,704 Calls in may, 2013
- Min of Defence
- Armed Forces Mount Massive Relief Operations in Uttarakhand and Himachal
- Ministry of Finance
Government Approves 1 Proposal of Foreign Direct Investment Amounting to About Rs.7.00 Crore
- India and World Bank Sign Us$ 216 Million Agreement
for Kerala State Transport Project
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Smt. Santosh Chowdhary takes over as Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare
- Min of Human Resource Development
- MoS for HRD Shri Jitin Prasada visits Seoul International Book Fair (SIBF) 2013
- HRD Ministry to Strengthen Monitoring System of Mid Day Meal Scheme
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- MoPNG rebuts allegations regarding KG D-6 Field
- International crude oil price of Indian Basket declines to
103.20/US$ bbl on 18.6.2013
- Ministry of Railways
- Commodity-Wise Freight Revenue by Railways Goes up by 8.66 Per Cent During April-May 2013
- Shri Mallikarjun Kharge Takes Over as Minister of Railways
- Min of Shipping
Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust Signs Concession Agreement with M/s. Nhava Sheva (India) Gateway Terminal Pvt. Ltd
- Min of Textiles
- K S Rao Takes Charge as New Textiles Minister
- Ministry of Tourism
- Tourism Minister Announces New Campaign to Promote Himalayas
Ministry of Micro,Small & Medium Enterprises22-November, 2012 17:19 IST
|Artisan Based Industries |
|The Government monitors the registered and unregistered sectors by conducting periodic Census of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in the country. As per the Fourth All India Census of MSMEs, 2006-07, the share of registered and unregistered sectors are 4.32% and 95.68% respectively. The erstwhile process of registration of Small Scale Industries with District Industries Centres has been done away with. With effect from October, 2006, a new procedure of filing of Entrepreneurs’ Memorandum (EM), has been introduced in accordance with Section 8 of the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Development Act, 2006. Filing of EM is optional for Micro and Small Enterprises and is mandatory for medium enterprises. Office of Development Commissioner (MSME) through its field offices (MSME-DIs) publicises and motivates entrepreneurs to file EM. State Governments also make publicity efforts for filing of EM through District Industries Centres. |
The percentage share of micro enterprises in the registered and unregistered sector, as per Fourth All India Census of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises 2006-2007, is 94.94% and 99.83% respectively.
The steps taken by the Government to protect the interests of the artisan based industries are as follows:
(i) Khadi Karigar Janshree Bima Yojana
(ii) Artisans Welfare Funds Trusts
(iii) Workshed Scheme for Khadi Artisans.
(iv) Strengthening Infrastructure of existing weak Khadi Institutions and Assistance for Marketing Infrastucture.
(v) Scheme for Enhancing Productivity & Competitiveness of Khadi Industry and Artisans.
(vi) Special Fund for Regeneration of Traditional Industries (SFURTI)
(vii) REMOT scheme of Coir Board.
This information was given by the Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, Shri K. H. Muniyappa in a written reply to a question in the Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :89220)