English Release 30-September 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President congratulates medal winners in Asian Games 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM to share his thoughts with the countrymen through Radio
- Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi's interaction session at the Council on Foreign Relations in New York
- Vision Statement for the U.S.-India Strategic Partnership
- PM’s address and interaction at Council on Foreign Relations in New York City
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- Index of Eight Core Industries (Base: 2004-05=100), August, 2014
- Min of Defence
India US Combined Military Training Exercise
- Ministry of Finance
- Task Forces as Recommended by FSLRC Constituted for Laying the Road Map for Setting-up of Resolution Corporation (RC), Financial Data Management Centre (FDMC), Financial Sector Appellate Tribunal (FSAT) and Public Debt Management Agency (PDMA)
- Centralized Processing Center (CPC), Bengluru Becomes ISO-27001:2005 Compliant
- Min of Heavy Ind. & Public Enterprises
- Shri Kapil Dev Tripathi take Charge of Secretary Department of Public Enterprises
- Min of Home Affairs
- Union Home Minister receives contribution to PMNRF from National Police Academy
- Min of New and Renewable Energy
- First Renewable Energy Global Investment Promotion Meet & Expo to be held in February 2015
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 95.26 per bbl on 29.09.2014
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India won 2 Gold, 2 Silver and 3 Bronze Medals on Day 11 of Asian Games 2014
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Uma Bharti to Administer Swachh Bharat Shapath
- Min of Women and Child Development
- Smt. Maneka Sanjay Gandhi launches the New Guaranteed Minimum Pension Scheme in Dehradun
Ministry of Micro,Small & Medium Enterprises22-November, 2012 17:19 IST
|Artisan Based Industries |
|The Government monitors the registered and unregistered sectors by conducting periodic Census of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in the country. As per the Fourth All India Census of MSMEs, 2006-07, the share of registered and unregistered sectors are 4.32% and 95.68% respectively. The erstwhile process of registration of Small Scale Industries with District Industries Centres has been done away with. With effect from October, 2006, a new procedure of filing of Entrepreneurs’ Memorandum (EM), has been introduced in accordance with Section 8 of the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Development Act, 2006. Filing of EM is optional for Micro and Small Enterprises and is mandatory for medium enterprises. Office of Development Commissioner (MSME) through its field offices (MSME-DIs) publicises and motivates entrepreneurs to file EM. State Governments also make publicity efforts for filing of EM through District Industries Centres. |
The percentage share of micro enterprises in the registered and unregistered sector, as per Fourth All India Census of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises 2006-2007, is 94.94% and 99.83% respectively.
The steps taken by the Government to protect the interests of the artisan based industries are as follows:
(i) Khadi Karigar Janshree Bima Yojana
(ii) Artisans Welfare Funds Trusts
(iii) Workshed Scheme for Khadi Artisans.
(iv) Strengthening Infrastructure of existing weak Khadi Institutions and Assistance for Marketing Infrastucture.
(v) Scheme for Enhancing Productivity & Competitiveness of Khadi Industry and Artisans.
(vi) Special Fund for Regeneration of Traditional Industries (SFURTI)
(vii) REMOT scheme of Coir Board.
This information was given by the Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, Shri K. H. Muniyappa in a written reply to a question in the Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :89220)