English Release 19-June 2013
- Presidents Secretariat
- President of India to visit Tripura from June 20 to 21
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM announces 1000 crore rupee disaster relief for Uttarakhand
- PM congratulates President-elect Rowhani of Iran
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
Extension of time for receiving comments on draft amendments to the Interconnection Regulations applicable for Digital Addressable Cable Television Systems (DAS) and Tariff Order applicable for all addressable systems
- Min of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution
National Consumer Helpline Records 12,704 Calls in may, 2013
- Ministry of Finance
Government Approves 1 Proposal of Foreign Direct Investment Amounting to About Rs.7.00 Crore
- India and World Bank Sign Us$ 216 Million Agreement
for Kerala State Transport Project
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Smt. Santosh Chowdhary takes over as Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare
- Min of Human Resource Development
- MoS for HRD Shri Jitin Prasada visits Seoul International Book Fair (SIBF) 2013
- HRD Ministry to Strengthen Monitoring System of Mid Day Meal Scheme
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- International crude oil price of Indian Basket declines to
103.20/US$ bbl on 18.6.2013
- Ministry of Railways
- Commodity-Wise Freight Revenue by Railways Goes up by 8.66 Per Cent During April-May 2013
- Shri Mallikarjun Kharge Takes Over as Minister of Railways
- Min of Shipping
Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust Signs Concession Agreement with M/s. Nhava Sheva (India) Gateway Terminal Pvt. Ltd
- Min of Textiles
- K S Rao Takes Charge as New Textiles Minister
- Ministry of Tourism
- Tourism Minister Announces New Campaign to Promote Himalayas
Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers22-November, 2012 17:49 IST
|Procedure for Release of Fertilizer Subsidy |
|The Government has amended the procedure for release of fertilizer subsidy and has introduced the m-Fertilizer Monitoring System (m-FMS). This ICT enabled project on phased direct transfer of subsidy is currently in the m-FMS Phase-I consolidation stage wherein all retailers are acknowledging receipt of fertilizers. About 1.93 lakh dealers are registered in the m-FMS. With effect from 1st November, 2012, a portion of the fertilizer subsidy (5-15%) is being released to the companies only on the basis of retailer acknowledgement of receipt of fertilizer. With this, information on availability of fertilizers at the last point of sale to the farmers will be ensured.|
The Department is also working on the next Phase (Phase IIIA) of the project, wherein the buyer of fertilizer will be identified through either Aadhaar Number & Kisan Credit Card or Core Banking Bank Account. The retailer is expected to inform the m-FMS system about the sale of fertilizer to individual farmers and will capture details thereof for which a Point of Sale (PoS) device or internet will be used for reporting in the system.
Additionally, as an incentive to the retailer to acknowledge receipt of fertilizers in the m-FMS system, the decision has been taken to increase the retailer margin by Rs. 50 PMT (Rs. 2.50 per 50 Kg bag) of fertilizers. This is being effected through increase in MRP by Rs. 50 PMT (Rs. 2.50 per 50 Kg bag) for all grades of fertilizers. This will be paid only to those retailers who acknowledge the receipt of fertilizers in the m-FMS.
The Department has also identified 11 districts across 10 States to implement pilot for the next phase of information visibility on sale to farmers which includes (i) Nawanshahar, Punjab, (ii) East Godavari, Andhra Pradesh, (iii) Tumkur, Karnataka, (iv) Mysore, Karnataka, (v) Sonipat, Haryana, (vi) Bilaspur, Himachal Pradesh, (vii) Wardha, Maharashtra, (viii) Dhalai, Tripura, (ix) Hoshangabad, Madhya Pradesh, (x) Ajmer, Rajasthan, and (xi) Madurai, Tamil Nadu.
Inter-ministerial consultations were done and the fertilizer industry and State Governments were also consulted before formulation of the new provisions.
The procedure mentioned above will ensure the availability of fertilizers at the last point of sales to the farmer. The farmer can see the stock received by the neighbourhood retailers in the mfms.nic.in
This information was given in a written reply in Lok Sabha today by the Minister of State(Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation and Minister of State in the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilisers, Shri Srikant Kumar Jena.
(Release ID :89237)