English Release 19-September 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Foreign Minister of Bangladesh calls on President
- Speech by The President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee at the banquet hosted in honour of the President of The People’s Republic of China, H.E. Mr. Xi Jinping
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM reviews preparations for launch of Mission Swachh Bharat
- PM condoles the passing away of renowned musician Uppalapu Shrinivas
- Department of Atomic Energy
- DAE Clarification on Media Report Citing Cancer Deaths in Atomic Energy Hubs
Say’s Report is a Malicious Distortion of Facts
- Min of Culture
- Statement of Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Tourism and Culture Shri Shripad Naik at the Press Conference on Initiatives, Achievements and Policies
- Min of Earth Science
- Atlas on Wave Related Information
- Ministry of Finance
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) Offers Help in Monitoring the Progress Made With Regard to Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana (PMJDY)
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Dr Harsh Vardhan revives National Cancer Awareness Day
- Min of Home Affairs
- Text of the Union Home Minister, Shri Rajnath Singh’s Address at the Sixth Meeting of SAARC Ministers of Interior / Home at Kathmandu on September 19, 20014
- India Proposed to Establish SAARC Centre for Good Governance
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- I&B Minister launches News SMS Service in 5 Indian languages
- Min of Minority Affairs
- National Minority Commission Extends Sympathy and Support to J&K Flood Victims
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Gates Foundation announced USD 7 lakh for J&K relief operations
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Supply of essential Petroleum Products in Jammu & Kashmir augmented;
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 96.17 per bbl on 18.09.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- Railways to Run Premium (Bi-Weekly) Super Fast Special Train Between Ahmedabad & Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Katra
Railway Minister Announces Setting up of A State-of-the-Art Training Centre for Railway Protection Force at Maula-Ali, Secundedrabad
- Ministry of Tourism
- Achievement/ Initiatives of Ministry of Tourism
- Min of Urban Development
- Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu and Shri Bill Gates discuss partnership in sanitation project
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Storage Status of 85 Important Reservoirs of the Country as on September 18, 2014
Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA)22-November, 2012 20:21 IST
|Continuation of IT Modernisation Project of Department of Posts – Phase II |
|The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs today approved the proposal of Rs.4,909 crore towards IT modernisation project of the Department of Posts, covering 1.55 lakhs post offices. |
The total expenditure for the project involving Rs.4,909 crore includes both implementation phase and operation and maintenance phase for the IT infrastructure of Post Offices. The IT project of the Department is a part of the Mission Mode Project (MMP) included in the National e-Governance Plan (NEGP).
The Department of Posts has a network of 1.55 Lakhs post offices spread across all the States and Union Territories of the country. The key objective of the India Post IT Modernisation project is modernization and computerization of all Post offices in the country including branch post offices in rural areas to create a urban-rural network spanning across the length and breadth of the country.
The IT modernisation project is expected to give following benefits to the citizens of the country:
• Improve customer satisfaction due to faster and more reliable delivery of services
• Enhance visibility and transparency
• Provide access by multiple channels to the customers e.g. post office counters, kiosks, internet, mobiles ATMs etc;
• Ensure delivery of "citizen centric services"
The IT modernisation project will provide a national asset and infrastructure for all users apart from the post offices including various government departments, business houses and the citizens to use the services effectively for their communication, banking, insurance and service delivery needs. The project will improve the delivery of mails, banking and insurance services rendered by the Post offices across the length and breadth of the country.
For the purpose of implementation, the IT modernisation project has been structured into 8 segments catering to IT infrastructure such as datacentre, network, computers and peripherals, software applications which will cover all the product and services of the Department of Posts, and change management which will help in effective transformation into IT mode. The project will be implemented in all the 1.55 lakh post offices in a phased manner over a time period of 2 years, to be followed by the O&M phase over the period of contract.
The project will be rolled out to all the post offices covering all States and Union Territories in the country a phased manner.
The proposal of the Department of Posts is in continuation of the proposal which was approved by the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) on 26th Aug 2010. The overall project has been segregated into eight RFPs, of which, selection of vendors have been finalized in case of 5 RFPs and LOIs have been issued. Of these 5 RFPs, in four cases the contracts have been signed with the selected bidders. In respect of two RFPs the financial bids have been opened and selection of the bidder is under process.
(Release ID :89268)