English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi’s address at the ceremony held to rededicate, Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, in Mumbai
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Press Note
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh says Indian bureaucrats need constant re-orientation as they face new challenges every day
Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA)22-November, 2012 20:22 IST
|Development of Integrated Passenger Terminal Building and associated works at Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport, Kolkata |
|The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs today approved the revised cost estimate of Rs.2325 crore for the modernization and expansion of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport, Kolkata (NSCBI) including construction of an integrated terminal building. Earlier, the CCEA considered the proposal of the Ministry of Civil Aviation in July 2008 and approved it for an amount of Rs.1942.51 crore. Thereafter, based on award of certain packages of work, by competitive bidding and review of scope of certain works, the project cost increased to Rs.2325 crore. |
The airport is likely to be inaugurated on 23rd January, 2012 on the birthday of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose.
The revised estimated cost of the work is Rs.2325 crore and the same will be met through internal resources and borrowings. Term loan assistance of Rs.986 crore i.e. about 42% of project cost has been considered at 10% interest rate per annum with nine years repayment period including moratorium period of two years. The ratio between internal resources and borrowings has been revised at 58:42 to fund the project.
Work on the Integrated Passenger Terminal Building was completed in August, 2012 except Zone-I of the building, which forms the extreme and of the domestic portion of the integrated terminal. The zone-I is expected to be completed by December, 2012.
The number of passengers (embarking and disembarking) utilizing the terminal facilities over the project period is based upon the traffic projections. The total international passenger traffic handled grew @3% upto the year 2008-09, 8% upto the year 2012-13 and 10% thereafter. Similarly, domestic passenger traffic handled grew @(-) 3% in the year 2008-09, 12% in the year 2009-10, 15% in the year 2010-11, 18% in the year 2011-12 and 2012-13 and 15% thereafter.
The planned annual handling capacity of 4 million passengers on international side of the integrated terminal is expected to get saturated in the year 2023-24. Similarly the domestic side having annual handling capacity of 16 million is expected to get saturated in the year 2015-16.
(Release ID :89269)