English Release 24-November 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President of India to visit Karnataka and Maharashtra on November 25 and 26
- President of India condoles the passing away of Murli Deora
- Prime Minister's Office
- Mr. Yohei Sasakawa calls on PM
- Shri Ajit Doval, NSA, appointed as the Special Representative of India to conduct boundary negotiations and strategic consultations with China
- English Rendering of PM’s statement to media outside Parliament House
- PM's statement to media outside Parliament House
- PM expresses sadness on the passing of Shri Murli Deora
- Election Commission
- Bangladesh MPs visit Election Commission Impressed by Indian Electronic Voting Machine
- Facts at A Glance- Jharkhand
- Min for Develop. of North-East Region
- Promotion and Use of Hindi in the North East Region Development Programmes is Important Step in Mainstreaming North East to the Nation: Dr. Jitendra Singh
- Min of Chemicals and Fertilizers
- Felicitation to Indian Blind Cricket Team to South Africa by Union Ministers Shri Ananth Kumar & Shri Sarbanand Sonowal
- Min of Defence
Avia Indra Joint Indo-Russia Exercise Enters Operational Phase
- Go Green Drive by Cadets on The EVE of NCC Day
- Min of Earth Science
- Letter of Intent Between ESSO-MOES and UNESCO for Cooperation in the Field of Reducing Disaster Risks and Capacity Building in Earth Sciences Signed
- Ministry of Finance
Quarterly Report on Public Debt Management for the Quarter July to September 2014 Released;
Auction for Sale (Re-Issue) of Government Stocks
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- India and Sweden celebrate 5 years of bilateral collaboration in healthcare
- Min of Human Resource Development
- DG, UNESCO, Ms. Irina Bokova meets the Union Minister of Human Resource Development, Smt. Smriti Irani
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- ‘Vithya’, ‘Womb on Rent’ and ‘A Rainy Day’ Discussed on IFFI Platform
- Ms. Loreto Aravena of ‘I am not Lorena’ Meets the Press at 45th IFFI
- Iffi 2014’s New Initiative ‘Talkathon@IFFI’ CONNECTS Virtual World with the Festival
- Literature and News-Itemsboth are Likely to form Baseline for Cinema
- ‘KILLA’ - A Realistic Fiction on Childhood Nostalgia
- Min of Parliamentary Affairs
- Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu condoles death of Shri Murli Deora
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Combined Defence Services Examination (I), 2014
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 77.39 per bbl on 21.11.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- INDO-FRENCH Seminar on Rail Sector Inaugurated
- Min of Road Transport & Highways
- Minister Flags off Delhi-Kathmandu-Delhi Bus Service on November 25
- Min of Social Justice & Empowerment
- ICT Can Help Government Empower PwDs and Lead to their Inclusion- Says Minister for Social Justice & Empowerment
- Min of Urban Development
UNESCO lauds Heritage City Development Programme (HRIDAY)
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Storage Status of 85 Important Reservoirs of the Country as on November 20, 2014
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- Felicitation for Indian Team for Blind Cricket
Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA)22-November, 2012 20:22 IST
|Approval of the pricing formula for procurement of bioethanol suggested by the Expert Committee, coupled with a floor price and a ceiling price |
|The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has approved the issue of pricing for bio-ethanol procurement by Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) for Ethanol Blended Petrol (EBP) Programme as per following: |
i. The 5% mandatory ethanol blending with petrol as already decided by the CCEA in the past, should be implemented across the country, for which the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas will immediately issue a gazette notification, for the OMCs to implement from the 2012-13 sugar season, effective from 1st December, 2012.
ii. Procurement price of ethanol will be decided henceforth between OMCs and suppliers of ethanol.
iii. In case of any shortfall in domestic supply, the OMCs and Chemical companies are free to import ethanol.
It is expected that 5% bio-ethanol will be blended with petrol sold in all the States and UTs of the country.
The EBP Programme is presently being implemented in a total of 13 States with blending level of about 2% against a mandatory target of 5%.
A stable EBP programme would ensure sustainable benefits for the sugarcane farmers across the nation. It will ensure an alternative market for the farmers who frequently get adversely affected in case of bumper crop of sugarcane and lack of its demand in the market. It will also provide an incentive to small and medium farmers to increase efforts towards sugarcane crop as better returns would be ensured.
Procurement of ethanol at a price determined by the market will ensure stability. EBP programme not only provides opportunities to sugarcane farmers, but it also ensures the use of ethanol as bio-fuel in a big way which is environment friendly. Besides, to the extent of implementation, this reduces the dependence on imported crude and leads the nation ahead on fuel self sufficiency.
The CCEA in its meeting held on 16th August 2010 had approved the ad-hoc price of Rs. 27.00 per litre for bio-ethanol for procurement by OMCs. This price was subject to adjustment on the basis of recommendation of an expert committee for pricing of ethanol. Later an Expert Committee headed by Dr. Saumitra Chaudhury, Member, Planning Commission, considered the issue of pricing of ethanol. In its report, submitted in March 2011, the expert committee recommended a formula which was derived broadly from the price of motor spirit. Subsequently, a report by the Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister, submitted on 10.03.2011, recommended the fixation of price of bio-ethanol through the market mechanism. The issue of procurement price for bio-ethanol has been considered by a Group of Ministers and the CCEA.
(Release ID :89270)