English Release 17-September 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- Chinese President and First Lady visit Sabarmati Riverfront, accompanied by the PM
PM and Chinese President visit Sabarmati Ashram.
- PM and Chinese President Xi Jinping witness signing of 3 MoUs in Ahmedabad
- PM launches Swavlamban Abhiyaan - new pro-poor initiatives of the Gujarat Government
- Min of Agriculture
- Finance to 5 Lakh Joint Farming Groups of “Bhoomi Heen Kisan” through Nabard in the Current Financial Year
- Min of Commerce & Industry
Deputy USTR Meets Commerce Secretary
- India to be Partner Country in Hannover Messe Fair During April 2015
- Gilead Briefs Nirmala Sitharaman about their Licensing Agreements with Seven India-Based Generic Pharmaceutical Manufacturers
- Min of Defence
- Operation Megh Rahat : 17 sep 14
Restoration of connectivity
- Opening Ceremony : Exercise Yudh Abhyas 2014
- Ministry of Finance
- Bank of Maharashtra Celebrates its 80th Foundation Day; Crosses the Business Level of Rs 2 Lakh Crores
- CMD, IFCI Ltd. Presents A Dividend Cheque of Rs. 92.30 Crore to the Union Finance Minister
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Medical Relief Operation Stepped up in J&K
- Min of Home Affairs
- A delegation of Unified Naga Council calls on the Union Home Minister
- Union Minister for Surface Transport & Highways and Shipping Calls on Union Home Minister
- Uttarakhand Minister calls on Union Home Minister
- Union Home Minister to attend Sixth Meeting of SAARC Ministers of Interior / Home at Kathmandu
- Min of Labour & Employment
- Shri Narendra Singh Tomar presents Vishwakarma and Safety Awards
- Min of Micro,Small & Medium Enterprises
- Govt Lobbying Hard for Base Rate Interest Regime for MSME : Kalraj Mishra
- Min of Minority Affairs
- Dr.Najma Heptulla Announces Rs.120 Crore Relief and Rehabilitation Package for J&K Flood Victims
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas takes several measures to ensure availability of essential petroleum products in the aftermath of floods in the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Daily Crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 95.92/bbl on 16.09.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- Commodity-Wise Freight Revenue Earnings of Railways Goes Up by 16.70 Per Cent in August 2014 & 10.67 Per Cent During April-August 2014
- Min of Textiles
- Textiles Minister Honours 54 Women Achievers in Sericulture
- Min of Women and Child Development
- Press Note of Union Ministry of Women & Child Development
Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA)22-November, 2012 20:22 IST
|Approval of the pricing formula for procurement of bioethanol suggested by the Expert Committee, coupled with a floor price and a ceiling price |
|The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has approved the issue of pricing for bio-ethanol procurement by Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) for Ethanol Blended Petrol (EBP) Programme as per following: |
i. The 5% mandatory ethanol blending with petrol as already decided by the CCEA in the past, should be implemented across the country, for which the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas will immediately issue a gazette notification, for the OMCs to implement from the 2012-13 sugar season, effective from 1st December, 2012.
ii. Procurement price of ethanol will be decided henceforth between OMCs and suppliers of ethanol.
iii. In case of any shortfall in domestic supply, the OMCs and Chemical companies are free to import ethanol.
It is expected that 5% bio-ethanol will be blended with petrol sold in all the States and UTs of the country.
The EBP Programme is presently being implemented in a total of 13 States with blending level of about 2% against a mandatory target of 5%.
A stable EBP programme would ensure sustainable benefits for the sugarcane farmers across the nation. It will ensure an alternative market for the farmers who frequently get adversely affected in case of bumper crop of sugarcane and lack of its demand in the market. It will also provide an incentive to small and medium farmers to increase efforts towards sugarcane crop as better returns would be ensured.
Procurement of ethanol at a price determined by the market will ensure stability. EBP programme not only provides opportunities to sugarcane farmers, but it also ensures the use of ethanol as bio-fuel in a big way which is environment friendly. Besides, to the extent of implementation, this reduces the dependence on imported crude and leads the nation ahead on fuel self sufficiency.
The CCEA in its meeting held on 16th August 2010 had approved the ad-hoc price of Rs. 27.00 per litre for bio-ethanol for procurement by OMCs. This price was subject to adjustment on the basis of recommendation of an expert committee for pricing of ethanol. Later an Expert Committee headed by Dr. Saumitra Chaudhury, Member, Planning Commission, considered the issue of pricing of ethanol. In its report, submitted in March 2011, the expert committee recommended a formula which was derived broadly from the price of motor spirit. Subsequently, a report by the Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister, submitted on 10.03.2011, recommended the fixation of price of bio-ethanol through the market mechanism. The issue of procurement price for bio-ethanol has been considered by a Group of Ministers and the CCEA.
(Release ID :89270)