English Release 24-April 2014
- Election Commission
- List of Contesting Candidates for Parliamentry Constituences(for Poll Dates Till 24 th April)
- Min of Civil Aviation
Delhi Airport to Become Zero Diversionary Airport
- Min of Culture
- Festival of India in China – Launch of Logo, Release of Posters and Webpage
- Min of Earth Science
- IMD Releases Long Range Forecast for the 2014 Southwest Monsoon Season Rainfall
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2012
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket decline marginally to US$ 106.81 per bbl on 23.4.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- International Conference on - ‘Emerging Fire Protection Technologies for Rolling Stock’ Inaugurated
Ministry of Human Resource Development23-November, 2012 17:43 IST
|Moral Eudcation |
|National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) textbooks prescribe themes and examples related to moral conduct across the subject areas and across various stages of school education in the syllabi and textbooks for classes I - XII as a follow-up of National Curriculum Framework- 2005. NCERT has also brought out a Value Education Framework titled “Education for values in schools - A framework” which provides guidelines to schools to identify their priorities of values and plan actions accordingly. |
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has included the constitutional values among students of the schools affiliated to it. CBSE published source books for classes VI-VIII and a Teachers Manual on Life Skills for Classes IX-Xand also on Environmental Education and Adolescence Education which help to foster values in children. CBSE has also introduced value based questions from the prescribed books in the Summative Assessment II in classes IX-XII for the year 2012-13.The CBSE has recently launched a value education kit comprising of a Hand book for Teachers, Value Cards and a CD on songs on the theme of Duty, Solidarity and respect for Nature.
University Grant Commission (UGC) is funding various programmes at Under Graduate and Post Graduate level concerning Human Rights and Value Education in the universities and colleges. The commission has also been implementing the scheme of Human Rights and Value Education and provides financial assistance to the eligible Universities/Colleges under this scheme. The objectives of this scheme, inter-alia, include creation of awareness and commitment to values where the individualistic self-interest is properly reconciled with the collective and common good.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Human Resource Development, Dr. Shashi Tharoor in Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :89358)