English Release 2-August 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President congratulates medal winners in
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- “MCI’s autonomy needs human face”—Dr Harsh Vardhan
Non-renewal in 46 colleges causes loss of 1,170 medical college seats
Ministry of Communications & Information Technology23-November, 2012 17:48 IST
|Recommendations of JWG on Cyber Security |
|The Joint Working Group report on engagement with Private Sector for strengthening Cyber Security Architecture in the country was formally released by National Security Adviser on 15th Oct. 2012 in New Delhi. |
The Joint Working Group has identified the guiding principles and objectives that would underpin the overall framework and roadmap for Public Private Partnership (PPP) on Cyber Security. It envisages setting up of Institutional Framework, Capacity building in the area of Cyber Security, Development of Cyber Security Standards & assurance mechanisms, augmentation of testing & certification facilities for Information Technology products.
The Joint Working Group included representatives of Government Departments and Agencies from Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-On), Department of Telecommunications, Ministry of Home Affairs, Ministry of External Affairs, Office of Principal Scientific Adviser (PSA) along with Information and Communication Technology Industry Association including NASSCOM, Data Security Council of India (DSCI), Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI), Association of Unified Telecom Service Providers of India (AUSPI) and Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI).
The key recommendation of The Joint Working Group include the following:
1. Setting up of a permanent Joint Working Group under the aegis of National Security Council Secretariat (NSCS) with representatives from government as well as private sector.
2. Setting up of the Joint Committee of International Cooperation of Advocacy (JCICA).
3. The private sector will set up information Sharing & Analysis Sector (ISACs) in various sectors and cooperate with the sectoral Computer Emergency Response Teams (CERTs) at the operational level.
4. The Joint Working Group has identified four pilot projects for collaboration which include:
(I) Setting up of Pilot Testing Lab.
(II) Conducting a test audit of a specified sector.
(III) Studying vulnerabilities in a sample critical information infrastructure.
(IV) Establishment of the multi – disciplinary Centre of Excellence.
5. Action has been initiated to work out the action plan for implementation of the recommendations.
This information was given by Shri Milind Deora, Minister of State for C&IT in written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :89361)