English Release 19-September 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Foreign Minister of Bangladesh calls on President
- Speech by The President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee at the banquet hosted in honour of the President of The People’s Republic of China, H.E. Mr. Xi Jinping
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM receives Foreign Minister of Bangladesh
- Melinda and Bill Gates call on the Prime Minister
- PM reviews preparations for launch of Mission Swachh Bharat
- PM condoles the passing away of renowned musician Uppalapu Shrinivas
- Department of Atomic Energy
- DAE Clarification on Media Report Citing Cancer Deaths in Atomic Energy Hubs
Say’s Report is a Malicious Distortion of Facts
- Min of Agriculture
- 120.27 Million Tonnes of Foodgrains Production Estimated
- All Round Development of the Agro Sector is the Highest Priority of the Government- Radha Mohan Singh
- Min of Chemicals and Fertilizers
- Assam Gas Cracker Project
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- PM Nominates Adil Zainulbhai as New QCI Chairman
- Min of Culture
- Statement of Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Tourism and Culture Shri Shripad Naik at the Press Conference on Initiatives, Achievements and Policies
- Min of Defence
- Op Megh Rahat Rescue Operations Completed
- Min of Earth Science
- Atlas on Wave Related Information
- Ministry of Finance
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) Offers Help in Monitoring the Progress Made With Regard to Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana (PMJDY)
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- PRESS NOTE
- Dr Harsh Vardhan revives National Cancer Awareness Day
- Min of Home Affairs
- All Candidates of NDA and NA Examination (II), 2014 Who Have Opted for Srinagar (J&K) as Examination Centre
- Indian Meteorological Department weather forecast of heavy rain in some states
- Stakeholder Consultation Workshop on Post-2015 Framework on Disaster Risk Reduction
- Important Instructions for the Candidates for
Appearance in Personality Test Boards of
Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist
- Text of the Union Home Minister, Shri Rajnath Singh’s Address at the Sixth Meeting of SAARC Ministers of Interior / Home at Kathmandu on September 19, 20014
- India Proposed to Establish SAARC Centre for Good Governance
- Min of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation
- Real Estate Regulation Bill seeks to enhance credibility of the sector, says Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- I&B Minister launches News SMS Service in 5 Indian languages
- Min of Minority Affairs
- National Minority Commission Extends Sympathy and Support to J&K Flood Victims
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination, 2014
- Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination, 2014
- Gates Foundation announced USD 7 lakh for J&K relief operations
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Supply of essential Petroleum Products in Jammu & Kashmir augmented;
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 96.17 per bbl on 18.09.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- Railways to Run Premium (Bi-Weekly) Super Fast Special Train Between Ahmedabad & Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Katra
Railway Minister Announces Setting up of A State-of-the-Art Training Centre for Railway Protection Force at Maula-Ali, Secundedrabad
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- Out of Pocket Allowance for the athletes and coaches enhanced for Asian Games 2014
- Ministry of Tourism
- Achievement/ Initiatives of Ministry of Tourism
- Min of Urban Development
- Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu and Shri Bill Gates discuss partnership in sanitation project
- Ministry of Water Resources
- WAPCOS Presents Dividend Cheque to Uma Bharti
- Storage Status of 85 Important Reservoirs of the Country as on September 18, 2014
- Min of Women and Child Development
- Union Minister of Women & Child Development Meets Melinda & Bill Gates
Ministry of Communications & Information Technology23-November, 2012 17:48 IST
|Recommendations of JWG on Cyber Security |
|The Joint Working Group report on engagement with Private Sector for strengthening Cyber Security Architecture in the country was formally released by National Security Adviser on 15th Oct. 2012 in New Delhi. |
The Joint Working Group has identified the guiding principles and objectives that would underpin the overall framework and roadmap for Public Private Partnership (PPP) on Cyber Security. It envisages setting up of Institutional Framework, Capacity building in the area of Cyber Security, Development of Cyber Security Standards & assurance mechanisms, augmentation of testing & certification facilities for Information Technology products.
The Joint Working Group included representatives of Government Departments and Agencies from Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-On), Department of Telecommunications, Ministry of Home Affairs, Ministry of External Affairs, Office of Principal Scientific Adviser (PSA) along with Information and Communication Technology Industry Association including NASSCOM, Data Security Council of India (DSCI), Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI), Association of Unified Telecom Service Providers of India (AUSPI) and Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI).
The key recommendation of The Joint Working Group include the following:
1. Setting up of a permanent Joint Working Group under the aegis of National Security Council Secretariat (NSCS) with representatives from government as well as private sector.
2. Setting up of the Joint Committee of International Cooperation of Advocacy (JCICA).
3. The private sector will set up information Sharing & Analysis Sector (ISACs) in various sectors and cooperate with the sectoral Computer Emergency Response Teams (CERTs) at the operational level.
4. The Joint Working Group has identified four pilot projects for collaboration which include:
(I) Setting up of Pilot Testing Lab.
(II) Conducting a test audit of a specified sector.
(III) Studying vulnerabilities in a sample critical information infrastructure.
(IV) Establishment of the multi – disciplinary Centre of Excellence.
5. Action has been initiated to work out the action plan for implementation of the recommendations.
This information was given by Shri Milind Deora, Minister of State for C&IT in written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :89361)