English Release 26-March 2015
- President's Secretariat
Probationers of Indian Postal Service and Indian P&T Accounts and Finance Service call on the President
- Emir of Qatar calls on the President
- Vice President's Secretariat
- DELEGATION OF CPWD OFFICER'S WIVES ASSOCIATION CALLS ON VICE
- It is Disappointing that even Country’s Top Universities Remain Largely Teaching-Focused with Limited Research and Doctoral Education-Vice President
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM calls for
- Bihar CM calls on PM
- Delegation meets PM to discuss issues related to Jat Community
- PM greets the people of Bangladesh, on their Independence Day
- Ayushman Bharat on Doordarshan
- Election Commission
- Biennial Election to the Council of States from Kerala.
- Min of Agriculture
- Union Agriculture Minister emphasises that the Prime Minister attaches importance to revitalization of the Agriculture Sector through modernization of farming practices
- Min of Coal
- Coal Minister Launches Projects Monitoring Portal
to Enhance Efficiency, Transparency & Improve Communication Between B2G, G2G & G2B
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Consumer Outreach Programme by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) at Delhi
- Spectrum Auction Concludes with Over 88% Of Spectrum Offered Provisionally Committed
- Min of Earth Science
- Total Eclipse of the Moon on Saturday
- Ministry of Finance
- NTPC Ltd. Becomes First PSU to Issue Bonus Debentures;
- Government of India Releases an Amount of Rs. 805.17 Crore to the Government of Punjab Under National Small Savings Fund (NSSF) and Thereby Released Total Amount of Rs. 2045.16 Crore During the FY 2014-15
- India Signs Loan Agreement with ADB for $300 Million for Improving Regional Road Connectivity along the North Bengal-North Eastern Region (NER); About 500 Km of Roads to be Constructed under the Program
- Financial Assistance of Rs. 250 Crore to Andhra Pradesh for Setting up SPV for the Polavaram Irrigation Project
- Amendment to Exchange Rates of Foreign Currency
Notification No. 32/2015 - Customs (N.T.) Dated 19th March, 2015
- Min of Home Affairs
- Kiren Rijiju attends Hans Raj College Alumni
- Holding of additional charge of the post of DG, BPR&D
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Massachusetts Institute students call on Dr. Jitendra Singh
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 53.31 per bbl on 25.03.2015
- Ministry of Railways
- RWWCO Honouurs 35 Railway Women Employees or their Outstaning Performace
- Min of Science & Technology
- National Institute of Immunology (NII) Signs MoUs to Promote Science Education in Colleges
- Min of Shipping
- Cabinet Decisions for Shipping Sector Revolutionary, says Nitin Gadkari
- Min of Textiles
29th India Carpet Expo starts tomorrow
Ministry of Communications & Information Technology23-November, 2012 17:48 IST
|Recommendations of JWG on Cyber Security |
|The Joint Working Group report on engagement with Private Sector for strengthening Cyber Security Architecture in the country was formally released by National Security Adviser on 15th Oct. 2012 in New Delhi. |
The Joint Working Group has identified the guiding principles and objectives that would underpin the overall framework and roadmap for Public Private Partnership (PPP) on Cyber Security. It envisages setting up of Institutional Framework, Capacity building in the area of Cyber Security, Development of Cyber Security Standards & assurance mechanisms, augmentation of testing & certification facilities for Information Technology products.
The Joint Working Group included representatives of Government Departments and Agencies from Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-On), Department of Telecommunications, Ministry of Home Affairs, Ministry of External Affairs, Office of Principal Scientific Adviser (PSA) along with Information and Communication Technology Industry Association including NASSCOM, Data Security Council of India (DSCI), Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI), Association of Unified Telecom Service Providers of India (AUSPI) and Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI).
The key recommendation of The Joint Working Group include the following:
1. Setting up of a permanent Joint Working Group under the aegis of National Security Council Secretariat (NSCS) with representatives from government as well as private sector.
2. Setting up of the Joint Committee of International Cooperation of Advocacy (JCICA).
3. The private sector will set up information Sharing & Analysis Sector (ISACs) in various sectors and cooperate with the sectoral Computer Emergency Response Teams (CERTs) at the operational level.
4. The Joint Working Group has identified four pilot projects for collaboration which include:
(I) Setting up of Pilot Testing Lab.
(II) Conducting a test audit of a specified sector.
(III) Studying vulnerabilities in a sample critical information infrastructure.
(IV) Establishment of the multi – disciplinary Centre of Excellence.
5. Action has been initiated to work out the action plan for implementation of the recommendations.
This information was given by Shri Milind Deora, Minister of State for C&IT in written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :89361)