English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi’s address at the ceremony held to rededicate, Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, in Mumbai
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Press Note
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh says Indian bureaucrats need constant re-orientation as they face new challenges every day
Ministry of Finance23-November, 2012 19:33 IST
|No Tax Free Zones in Operation |
| There is no concept called Tax Free Zones as such in operation. However, there are schemes like Special Economic Zones (SEZs) and Export Oriented Units (EOUs) which provide tax exemptions. Both above schemes are administered by the Department of Commerce. In addition to above, package of incentives for the Special Category States of Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand and North Eastern States (such as Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland and Tripura) are provided by the Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion under its Industrial Policy. Package of incentives provided to above States also include various tax concessions as per notifications issued by the Department of Revenue. |
Presently there is no proposal under consideration of the Ministry of Finance to declare certain areas as tax free zones.
This was stated by the Minister of State for Finance, Shri S.S. Palanimanickam in a written reply to a question in the Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :89371)