English Release 29-July 2014
- President's Secretariat
- PRESIDENT CONGRATULATES MEDAL WINNERS IN
- President of India’s greetings on Idu’l Fitr
- Prime Minister's Office
- CEO, Mitsubishi Corporation, calls on PM
- PM addresses scientists at 86th ICAR Foundation Day
- PM greets Vice President on Eid-ul-Fitr
- PM greets people on Eid-ul-Fitr
- Min of Agriculture
- Prime Minister give Mantras of "Kam Zameen, Kam Samay, Zyaada Upaj","Per Drop, more Crop", and "Lab to Land"
- Min of Urban Development
- New urban development initiatives to address shortcomings of JNNURM
- Min of Youth Affairs & Sports
- Minister of Youth Affairs & Sports, Sarbananda Sonowal congratulates Indian medal winners on the 5th day in commonwealth Games 2014
Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution26-November, 2012 16:05 IST
|The Committee headed by Dr. C. Rangarajan, Chairman, Prime Minister’s Economic Advisory Council, has interalia recommended removal of levy obligation on sugar mills. The Committee has further recommended that the states which want to provide sugar under PDS may henceforth procure it from the market directly according to their requirement and may also fix the issue price. The recommendations of the Committee are under consideration of the Government. |
Some cane farmers have supported the proposal. The views of State Governments have been invited.
This information was given by the Minister of State (IC) for Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution Prof. K.V.Thomas in a written reply in the Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :89434)