English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi’s address at the ceremony held to rededicate, Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, in Mumbai
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Press Note
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh says Indian bureaucrats need constant re-orientation as they face new challenges every day
Ministry of Coal26-November, 2012 17:06 IST
|Cancellation of Coal Blocks |
|The Government has de-allocated 15 coal blocks based on the recommendations of Review Committee which monitors the development of the coal block by the allocatee companies during the last two years i.e. 2010 & 2011 on account of lack of progress in the development of the block. In addition to above 3 blocks have been surrendered by the companies due to geo-mining difficulties and other reasons. |
The responsibility of developing the coal block as per the prescribed guidelines and milestone chart attached with the allocation letter rests entirely with the allocatee company. Further, the allocatees have to submit Bank Guarantee which remains valid at all the times till the production from the coal block reaches its peak rated capacity. The Coal Controller’s office monitors on regular basis the achievement of different milestones. Government periodically monitors and reviews the development of allocated blocks as well as end use plants by the allocatee companies in the Review Meetings. Further, an Inter-Ministerial Group (IMG) under the Chairmanship of Additional Secretary (Coal) with representatives from the Ministries of Power, Steel, Law & Justice and Departments of Economic Affairs and Industrial Policy and Promotion has been constituted on 21.06.2012 which inter-alia would undertake periodic review and monitor the progress of allocated coal/lignite blocks and make recommendations on action to be taken including de-allocation, if required. Based on the recommendation of the above Committee action as deemed fit is taken by the Government.
This information was given by the Minister of State in the Ministry of Coal, Shri Pratik Prakashbapu Patil in a written reply in Rajya sabha today.
(Release ID :89443)