English Release 2-September 2014
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Inaugurates 89th Foundation Course at Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration in Mussoorie
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s remarks at the Indian Community Reception in Tokyo
Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s remarks after inaugurating the TCS Japan Technology and Culture Academy
- Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s keynote address at welcome reception hosted by Japan-India Association and Japan-India Parliamentary Friendship League
- PM inaugurates Vivekananda Cultural Centre at Indian Embassy in Tokyo
- PM’s remarks at the Indian Community Reception in Tokyo
- PM's keynote address at welcome reception hosted by Japan-India Association and Japan-India Parliamentary Friendship League
- Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s keynote address at event organized by Nikkei Inc. and Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO)
- PM's keynote address at event organized by Nikkei Inc. and Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO)
- Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s special lecture at the University of the Sacred Heart, Tokyo
- PM’s remarks after inaugurating the TCS Japan Technology and Culture Academy
- PM's special lecture at the University of the Sacred Heart, Tokyo
- Min of Agriculture
- Government puts Agriculture Sector on Fast Track
- Min of Defence
- Fast Patrol Vessel ICGS Abhiraj Commissioned at Tuticorin
- Min of Environment and Forests
- Initiatives of the Ministry of Environment, Forests & Climate Change
- Ministry of Finance
- A High Level Committee Constituted for Considering the Proposals for Assessment of Income arising or accruing before 1st April, 2012 on Account of Retrospective Amendments to the Provisions Related to Indirect Transfer
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Revised strategy for Kala Azar eradication launched
- Min of Home Affairs
- MHA Asks Manipur Govt to Take Preventive Steps in view of UNC Blockade
- Union Home Minister asks Kerala CM to take Strict action against Political Killings
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- I&B Ministry initiatives to enhance Outreach and information dissemination through multiple platforms
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Petroleum Minister emphasizes on adopting energy efficient techniques for better development of the nation
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 101.29 per bbl on 01.09.2014
- Min of Power
- Landmark Initiatives for Energy Efficiency Launched
- Min of Rural Development
- Sweeping changes made in MGNREGA by Nitin Gadkari
- Min of Science & Technology
- Atomic Energy Regulatory Board (AERB) Releases the Annual Report for the Year 2013-14
- MoU Signed between National Cancer Institute, AIIMS, Jhajjar Campus and DBT, GOI
- Dr Jitendra Singh Announces DBT Collaboration in Establishing A “National Cancer Institute” at Jhajjar, Haryana.
- Min of Tribal Affairs
- “Single Window System” for Obtaining Market Information on Minor Forest Produces Through Toll Free Number 1800 180 1551
Ministry of Coal26-November, 2012 17:09 IST
|Deduction of bank guarantees of coal companies |
|In pursuance of the announcement of the Finance Minister in the budget speech for the year 2012-13, an Inter-Ministerial Group (IMG) headed by Additional Secretary, Ministry of Coal has been constituted on 21.06.2012 to undertake periodic review of the development of coal / lignite blocks allotted by the Government. The terms of reference (TOR) of the IMG are: |
i) The IMG shall undertake periodic review and the progress of allocated coal mines / blocks and make recommendations on action to be taken including de-allocations, if required.
ii) The IMG may consider the replies where the show cause notices have been given and recommend action against the allocate companies including de-allocation, wherever necessary.
iii) The IMG may make its own assessment and recommend action as to deduction of Bank Guarantee, if required.
iv) Any matter where a reference is made by the Competent Authority.
The IMG took up for review, the 58 cases where the show cause notices were issued consequent to the Review / recommendations by the Review Committee held on 11th & 12 January, 2012. In addition the cases where a decision was taken, on the basis of earlier reviews, to deduct BG and were pending were also taken up.
The IMG has held 17 meetings so far. The IMG has discussed and finalized the guidelines/modalities for conduct of its business and also regarding computation of deduction of BG. The IMG has also decided to give an opportunity of giving personal hearing to all the allocatee companies of coal blocks before giving its recommendations. With respect to the allocations made to the Private Companies, the IMG has recommended de-allocation of 13 coal blocks allocated to 29 companies, deduction of Bank Guarantee in the cases of 14 blocks allocated to 19 companies and imposition of BG in case of 1 coal block. No action has been recommended in cases of 3 coal blocks allocated to 2 companies. The recommendations of the IMG have been accepted by the Competent Authority and action is initiated accordingly. Further, the IMG took up the cases of PSUs and after hearing the allocatees,the IMG recommended deallocation of 11 blocks,deduction of BG in 5 cases ,imposition of BG in 11 cases and no action in 6 cases including 3 cases on account of Court orders. The recommendations are under consideration of the Government.
This information was given by the Minister of State in the Ministry of Coal, Shri Pratik Prakashbapu Patil in a written reply in Rajya sabha today.
(Release ID :89445)