English Release 19-June 2013
- Presidents Secretariat
- President of India to visit Tripura from June 20 to 21
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM congratulates President-elect Rowhani of Iran
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
Extension of time for receiving comments on draft amendments to the Interconnection Regulations applicable for Digital Addressable Cable Television Systems (DAS) and Tariff Order applicable for all addressable systems
- Min of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution
National Consumer Helpline Records 12,704 Calls in may, 2013
- Ministry of Finance
Government Approves 1 Proposal of Foreign Direct Investment Amounting to About Rs.7.00 Crore
- India and World Bank Sign Us$ 216 Million Agreement
for Kerala State Transport Project
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Smt. Santosh Chowdhary takes over as Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare
- Min of Human Resource Development
- MoS for HRD Shri Jitin Prasada visits Seoul International Book Fair (SIBF) 2013
- HRD Ministry to Strengthen Monitoring System of Mid Day Meal Scheme
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- International crude oil price of Indian Basket declines to
103.20/US$ bbl on 18.6.2013
- Ministry of Railways
- Commodity-Wise Freight Revenue by Railways Goes up by 8.66 Per Cent During April-May 2013
- Shri Mallikarjun Kharge Takes Over as Minister of Railways
- Min of Shipping
Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust Signs Concession Agreement with M/s. Nhava Sheva (India) Gateway Terminal Pvt. Ltd
- Min of Textiles
- K S Rao Takes Charge as New Textiles Minister
- Ministry of Tourism
- Tourism Minister Announces New Campaign to Promote Himalayas
Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs26-November, 2012 18:12 IST
|India and Sweden Sign Social Security Agreement |
| A social security agreement between India and Sweden was signed here today. The agreement was signed by Shri Vayalar Ravi, Union Minister of Overseas Indian Affairs from the Indian side and Mr. Ulf Kristersson, Minister for Social Security of Sweden from Swedish side. Speaking on the occasion, Shri Ravi said this agreement will help both the countries in more investment and work opportunities for nationals of India and Sweden. The Minister said this agreement will encourage more and more Indians to go to Sweden for employment opportunities. Mr. Kristersson said that 156 Swedish companies are operating in India and expressed the hope that this agreement will encourage Swedish people to come in large numbers to India. He said, India is the first Asian countries with which Sweden has signed this type of agreement. |
The Social Security Agreement will enhance cooperation on social security between the two countries. The Agreement will provide following benefits to Indian nationals working in Sweden:
a) For short term contract up to two years, no social contribution would need to be paid under the Swedish law by the detached workers provided they continue to make social security payment in India.
b) The above benefits shall be available even when the Indian company sends its employees to Sweden from a third country.
c) Indian workers shall be entitled to the export of the social security benefit if they relocate to India after the completion of their service in Sweden.
d) The self-employed Indians in Sweden would also be entitled to export of social security benefit of their relocation to India.
e) The period of contribution in one contracting state will be added to the period of contribution in the second contracting state for determining the eligibility of social security benefits.
There are about 18,000 Overseas Indians in Sweden, most of whom are working as professional and self-employed. However, there is a huge potential for Indian workers to take employment in Sweden owing to the huge labour supply gap in the market. As such, a bilateral Social Security Agreement with Sweden is a significant requirement from the futuristic point of view to take advantage of the emerging employment opportunities and to strengthen the trade and investment between the two countries. India has singed similar agreements with Belgium, Germany, France, Switzerland, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Hungary, Denmark, Czech Republic, the Republic of Korea, Norway, Finland, Canada and Japan.
(Release ID :89465)