English Release 29-July 2014
- President's Secretariat
- PRESIDENT CONGRATULATES MEDAL WINNERS IN
- President of India’s greetings on Idu’l Fitr
- Prime Minister's Office
- CEO, Mitsubishi Corporation, calls on PM
- PM addresses scientists at 86th ICAR Foundation Day
- PM greets Vice President on Eid-ul-Fitr
- PM greets people on Eid-ul-Fitr
- Min of Agriculture
- Prime Minister give Mantras of "Kam Zameen, Kam Samay, Zyaada Upaj","Per Drop, more Crop", and "Lab to Land"
- Min of Urban Development
- New urban development initiatives to address shortcomings of JNNURM
- Min of Youth Affairs & Sports
- Minister of Youth Affairs & Sports, Sarbananda Sonowal congratulates Indian medal winners on the 5th day in commonwealth Games 2014
Ministry of Agriculture27-November, 2012 16:04 IST
|Remedial Action to Minimise Lose of Crop Production due
to Pest Attack |
|Working Subgroup on Plant Protection, Planning Commission in 2001 has assessed that on an average 18% of the crop yield is lost due to pests. |
Ministry of Agriculture, Department of Agriculture & Cooperation (DAC) is implementing a scheme “Strengthening and Modernization of Pest Management Approach in India” since 1991-92 by adopting Integrated Pest Management (IPM) as cardinal principle and main plank of plant protection strategy in overall crop production programme. Under the ambit of IPM Programme, the Government has established 31 Central IPM Centres in 28 States and one Union Territory.
Under the Human Resource Development (HRD) programme of IPM, Farmers Field Schools, long and short duration training programmes are being organised to empower farmers and State extension functionaries about IPM. Pest Management strategies including cultural, mechanical, biological and chemical control as the last resort are being popularized under IPM scheme among the farming community.
Pest and disease surveillance and monitoring programmes are undertaken to forewarn likely pest and disease build up in different crops. Farmers are being motivated to adopt seed treatment as a preventive measure for pest management in different crops.
This information was given by Shri Tariq Anwar, Minister of State for Agriculture and Food Processing Industries in written reply to a question in the Lok Sabha today.
MP: DS: CP: pest (27.11.2012)
(Release ID :89528)