English Release 21-September 2014
- Vice President's Secretariat
- VICE PRESIDENT’S ADDRESS AT VALEDICTORY FUNCTION OF CENTENARY CELEBRATIONS OF CATHOLIC ASSOCIATION OF SOUTH KANARA AT MANGALORE
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM welcomes agreement between Afghan leaders Ashraf Ghani and Abdullah Abdullah
- Transcript of Prime Minister's Interview to CNN
- PM congratulates John Key on re-election as PM of New Zealand
- PM greets Japanese PM Shinzo Abe on his birthday
- Min of Road Transport & Highways
- Shri Gadkari to Assess Damage to the Roads Due to Floods in J & K
- Min of Rural Development
- Nitin Gadkari to visit Srinagar tomorrow for high level review of relief operations
Ministry of Agriculture27-November, 2012 16:04 IST
|Remedial Action to Minimise Lose of Crop Production due
to Pest Attack |
|Working Subgroup on Plant Protection, Planning Commission in 2001 has assessed that on an average 18% of the crop yield is lost due to pests. |
Ministry of Agriculture, Department of Agriculture & Cooperation (DAC) is implementing a scheme “Strengthening and Modernization of Pest Management Approach in India” since 1991-92 by adopting Integrated Pest Management (IPM) as cardinal principle and main plank of plant protection strategy in overall crop production programme. Under the ambit of IPM Programme, the Government has established 31 Central IPM Centres in 28 States and one Union Territory.
Under the Human Resource Development (HRD) programme of IPM, Farmers Field Schools, long and short duration training programmes are being organised to empower farmers and State extension functionaries about IPM. Pest Management strategies including cultural, mechanical, biological and chemical control as the last resort are being popularized under IPM scheme among the farming community.
Pest and disease surveillance and monitoring programmes are undertaken to forewarn likely pest and disease build up in different crops. Farmers are being motivated to adopt seed treatment as a preventive measure for pest management in different crops.
This information was given by Shri Tariq Anwar, Minister of State for Agriculture and Food Processing Industries in written reply to a question in the Lok Sabha today.
MP: DS: CP: pest (27.11.2012)
(Release ID :89528)