English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi’s address at the ceremony held to rededicate, Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, in Mumbai
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Press Note
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh says Indian bureaucrats need constant re-orientation as they face new challenges every day
Ministry of Agriculture27-November, 2012 16:04 IST
|Remedial Action to Minimise Lose of Crop Production due
to Pest Attack |
|Working Subgroup on Plant Protection, Planning Commission in 2001 has assessed that on an average 18% of the crop yield is lost due to pests. |
Ministry of Agriculture, Department of Agriculture & Cooperation (DAC) is implementing a scheme “Strengthening and Modernization of Pest Management Approach in India” since 1991-92 by adopting Integrated Pest Management (IPM) as cardinal principle and main plank of plant protection strategy in overall crop production programme. Under the ambit of IPM Programme, the Government has established 31 Central IPM Centres in 28 States and one Union Territory.
Under the Human Resource Development (HRD) programme of IPM, Farmers Field Schools, long and short duration training programmes are being organised to empower farmers and State extension functionaries about IPM. Pest Management strategies including cultural, mechanical, biological and chemical control as the last resort are being popularized under IPM scheme among the farming community.
Pest and disease surveillance and monitoring programmes are undertaken to forewarn likely pest and disease build up in different crops. Farmers are being motivated to adopt seed treatment as a preventive measure for pest management in different crops.
This information was given by Shri Tariq Anwar, Minister of State for Agriculture and Food Processing Industries in written reply to a question in the Lok Sabha today.
MP: DS: CP: pest (27.11.2012)
(Release ID :89528)