English Release 24-October 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM salutes our brave ITBP personnel on the Raising Day of ITBP
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 83.61 per bbl on 23.10.2014
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India’s Performance at 2nd Asian Para Games 2014 on 22nd and 23rd October, 2014
- Min of Urban Development
- Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu adopts Hudhud cyclone ravaged village of Andhra Pradesh for rehabilitation
Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas27-November, 2012 17:26 IST
|OVL has invested about Rs 11,639 Crore in Sudan till Sept 2012: P.Lakshmi |
|The Minister of State for Petroleum & Natural Gas Smt. Panabaka Lakshmi informed the Rajya Sabha in a written reply today that the total plan expenditure in various projects of ONGC Videsh Limited(OVL) in undivided Sudan till September, 2012 is USD 2,562 Million (equivalent to Rs.11,639 Crore). |
She explained that there was a temporary stoppage of production in Republic of Sudan for 20 days in April, 2012 due to border conflict between Sudan and South Sudan and informed that production resumed from 1st May, 2012. The conflict has resulted in deferment of an estimated oil production of about 0.8. Million Metric Tonne(MMT) for OVL till September, 2012, the Minister added.
She further emphasized that Government of India has been in continuous engagement with both the Governments of Sudan and South Sudan through diplomatic channels. The various oil related bilateral issues between India and Sudan including issues for protecting OVL interest in Sudan were discussed by the Hon’ble Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas with the Minister of Petroleum of Republic of Sudan during his recent visit to India in October, 2012.
(Release ID :89550)