English Release 5-December 2013
- President's Secretariat
- Parliamentary delegation from Myanmar calls on President
- President of India to visit West Bengal from December 6 to 8
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM’s speech at the inauguration of ‘India Telecom 2013’
- Election Commission
- Election Commission Heads and Representatives From
Eight Countries Witness Assembly Elections in Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Delhi
Countries Seek ECI Support in Capacity Building and Election Technology
- Min of Defence
- International Conference on Contribution of Science and Technology in Progress of the World
- Air Chief Inaugurates Swac Commanders' Conference
- Lamp Lighting Ceremony of 58 Batch of Probationer Nurses Conducted at Army Hospital
- Ministry of Finance
- 4th Korea - India Finance Ministerial Working Level Meeting Held; Both Sides Recognize the Necessity for Strenghthening Economic Cooperation Between the two Countries to Overcome Global Crisis
- Gross Direct Tax Collections During April-November of the Current Financial Year 2013-14 is up by 13.18 Percent and Stood at Rs.3,68,655 Crore as Against Rs.3,25,736 Crore in the Same Period Last Year
- Exchange Rate of Foreign Currency Relating to Imported and Export Goods Notified
- Min of Heavy Ind. & Public Enterprises
- Problems Being Faced by the Domestic Manufacturing Industry Related to Power / Electrical Equipment / Capital Goods
- Performance of Hindustan Newsprint Limited
- Instructions to the Management of Instrumentation Limited
- Min of Home Affairs
- India-us homeland security dialogue
Two day conference of police chiefs concludes
- Shri Arvind Ranjan Assigned Additional Charge of DG, CISF
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket increases to US$ 110.33/bbl on 4.12.2013
- Planning Commission
- Unique Identification Authority of India issues 51 crore Aadhaar numbers
Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports29-November, 2012 15:47 IST
|Promotion of sports among disabled persons|
|The Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Youth Affairs & Sports Shri Jitendra Singh has said that the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports is implementing the following Schemes which promote sports among persons with disabilities: |
(i) Scheme of Assistance to National Sports Federations (NSFs)
(ii) Scheme of Pension to Meritorious sportspersons
(iii) Scheme of Special Awards to medal winners in international sports events
(iv) Recognition by way of conferment of Arjuna Awards
(v) Scheme of Sports & Games for Persons with Disabilities.
In a written reply in the Rajya Sabha today Shri Jitendra Singh said, under the Scheme of Assistance to NSFs, financial assistance is also provided to the NSFs which are dealing with disabled sportspersons, viz. Paralympic Committee of India (PCI) for physically disabled, Special Olympics Bharat (SOB) for intellectually challenged and the All India Sports Council for Deaf (AISCD) towards conduct of National Championships and International Tournaments in India, participation in International tournaments abroad, organizing coaching camps, procuring sports equipments, engagement of foreign coaches and disbursement of salaries of the paid Joint/Assistant Secretaries engaged by NSFs.
He said, under the Scheme of Pension to Meritorious Sportspersons, launched in the year 1994, those sportspersons who are Indian citizens and have won gold, silver and bronze medals in Olympic Games, World Cup/World Championships, Asian Games, Commonwealth Games and Paralympic Games and have attained the age of 30 years and have retired from active sports career are eligible for life pension.
Under the Scheme of Special Awards, winners of medals in international sports events and their coaches are given cash awards. Winners of medals in Paralympic Games and Para-Asian Games are eligible for Special Awards.
Arjuna Awards Scheme provides that at least one award is given exclusively for sports for physically challenged.
With the objective of broad-basing participative sports among persons with disabilities, the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports introduced the Scheme of Sports and Games for Persons with disabilities. The Scheme of Sports & Games for the Disabled has the following components:-
(i) Grant for sports coaching and purchase of consumables and non-consumable sports equipments for Schools;
(ii) Grant for Training of Coaches;
(iii) Grant for holding District, State & National level competitions for the Disabled
While organizing national coaching camps for para-athletes prior to participation in international tournaments, sports facilities including sports equipments are provided by Sports Authority of India as per the requirements of the para-athletes. Adequate arrangements with regard to sports infrastructure being disabled-friendly are also made at the competition and training venues by Sports Authority of India at its centres, Shri Jitendra Singh added.
(Release ID :89611)