English Release 17-September 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- Chinese President and First Lady visit Sabarmati Riverfront, accompanied by the PM
PM and Chinese President visit Sabarmati Ashram.
- PM and Chinese President Xi Jinping witness signing of 3 MoUs in Ahmedabad
- PM launches Swavlamban Abhiyaan - new pro-poor initiatives of the Gujarat Government
- Min of Agriculture
- Finance to 5 Lakh Joint Farming Groups of “Bhoomi Heen Kisan” through Nabard in the Current Financial Year
- Min of Commerce & Industry
Deputy USTR Meets Commerce Secretary
- India to be Partner Country in Hannover Messe Fair During April 2015
- Gilead Briefs Nirmala Sitharaman about their Licensing Agreements with Seven India-Based Generic Pharmaceutical Manufacturers
- Min of Defence
- Operation Megh Rahat : 17 sep 14
Restoration of connectivity
- Opening Ceremony : Exercise Yudh Abhyas 2014
- Ministry of Finance
- Bank of Maharashtra Celebrates its 80th Foundation Day; Crosses the Business Level of Rs 2 Lakh Crores
- CMD, IFCI Ltd. Presents A Dividend Cheque of Rs. 92.30 Crore to the Union Finance Minister
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Medical Relief Operation Stepped up in J&K
- Min of Home Affairs
- A delegation of Unified Naga Council calls on the Union Home Minister
- Union Minister for Surface Transport & Highways and Shipping Calls on Union Home Minister
- Uttarakhand Minister calls on Union Home Minister
- Union Home Minister to attend Sixth Meeting of SAARC Ministers of Interior / Home at Kathmandu
- Min of Labour & Employment
- Shri Narendra Singh Tomar presents Vishwakarma and Safety Awards
- Min of Micro,Small & Medium Enterprises
- Govt Lobbying Hard for Base Rate Interest Regime for MSME : Kalraj Mishra
- Min of Minority Affairs
- Dr.Najma Heptulla Announces Rs.120 Crore Relief and Rehabilitation Package for J&K Flood Victims
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas takes several measures to ensure availability of essential petroleum products in the aftermath of floods in the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Daily Crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 95.92/bbl on 16.09.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- Commodity-Wise Freight Revenue Earnings of Railways Goes Up by 16.70 Per Cent in August 2014 & 10.67 Per Cent During April-August 2014
- Min of Textiles
- Textiles Minister Honours 54 Women Achievers in Sericulture
- Min of Women and Child Development
- Press Note of Union Ministry of Women & Child Development
Ministry of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports29-November, 2012 15:47 IST
|Promotion of sports among disabled persons|
|The Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Youth Affairs & Sports Shri Jitendra Singh has said that the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports is implementing the following Schemes which promote sports among persons with disabilities: |
(i) Scheme of Assistance to National Sports Federations (NSFs)
(ii) Scheme of Pension to Meritorious sportspersons
(iii) Scheme of Special Awards to medal winners in international sports events
(iv) Recognition by way of conferment of Arjuna Awards
(v) Scheme of Sports & Games for Persons with Disabilities.
In a written reply in the Rajya Sabha today Shri Jitendra Singh said, under the Scheme of Assistance to NSFs, financial assistance is also provided to the NSFs which are dealing with disabled sportspersons, viz. Paralympic Committee of India (PCI) for physically disabled, Special Olympics Bharat (SOB) for intellectually challenged and the All India Sports Council for Deaf (AISCD) towards conduct of National Championships and International Tournaments in India, participation in International tournaments abroad, organizing coaching camps, procuring sports equipments, engagement of foreign coaches and disbursement of salaries of the paid Joint/Assistant Secretaries engaged by NSFs.
He said, under the Scheme of Pension to Meritorious Sportspersons, launched in the year 1994, those sportspersons who are Indian citizens and have won gold, silver and bronze medals in Olympic Games, World Cup/World Championships, Asian Games, Commonwealth Games and Paralympic Games and have attained the age of 30 years and have retired from active sports career are eligible for life pension.
Under the Scheme of Special Awards, winners of medals in international sports events and their coaches are given cash awards. Winners of medals in Paralympic Games and Para-Asian Games are eligible for Special Awards.
Arjuna Awards Scheme provides that at least one award is given exclusively for sports for physically challenged.
With the objective of broad-basing participative sports among persons with disabilities, the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports introduced the Scheme of Sports and Games for Persons with disabilities. The Scheme of Sports & Games for the Disabled has the following components:-
(i) Grant for sports coaching and purchase of consumables and non-consumable sports equipments for Schools;
(ii) Grant for Training of Coaches;
(iii) Grant for holding District, State & National level competitions for the Disabled
While organizing national coaching camps for para-athletes prior to participation in international tournaments, sports facilities including sports equipments are provided by Sports Authority of India as per the requirements of the para-athletes. Adequate arrangements with regard to sports infrastructure being disabled-friendly are also made at the competition and training venues by Sports Authority of India at its centres, Shri Jitendra Singh added.
(Release ID :89611)