English Release 17-April 2014
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Addresses at Golden Jubilee and 48th Convocation of the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- Commerce Secretary to Lead High-Level Delegation to India Show in Hong Kong
- Min of Defence
Indian Air Force Placement Cell (IAFPC) and Monster India Collaborate to Foster Job Opportunities for Retired Air Warriors
Admiral RK Dhowan PVSM, AVSM, YSM
- Admiral RK Dhowan Appointed the New CNS
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket increased to US$ 107.50 per bbl on 16.4.2014
- Ministry of Railways
Commodity-Wise Freight Revenue Earnings During Fiscal 2013-14
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Storage of Important Reservoirs in the Country (As on 27 March 2014)
Ministry of Tribal Affairs29-November, 2012 16:50 IST
|Proposal to Fix Market Linked Minimum Support Price |
|On the recommendation of committee of Secretaries, Ministry of Panchayati Raj constituted a committee under the chairmanship of Dr. T. Haque on 23.08.2010 to suggest appropriate measures for implementation of provisions regarding Ownership, Price Fixation, Value Addition and Marketing of Minor Forest Produce (MFP). Government proposes to fix market linked Minimum Support Price (MSP) for 13 Minor Forest produces (Tendu, Bamboo, Mahua flower, Mahua seed, Sal leaf, Sal seed, Lac, Chironji, Wind honey, Myrobalan, Tamarind, Gums and Karanj) to increase the income of crores of tribals and forest dwellers. |
The Minimum Support Price (MSP) Scheme is to be introduced in 9 Panchayat Extension to Scheduled Areas (PESA) States namely Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand, Orissa, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh & Himachal Pradesh. These are the States which produce items covered under MSP Scheme.
Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India Ltd. (TRIFED) is proposed to be designated as the Nodal Agency entrusted with the task of coordinating and implementing the Scheme and implementing agency for procurement & marketing of Minor Forest Produce from their States designated by the respective State Governments.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Tribal Affairs Smt. Ranee Narah in a written reply in the Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :89636)