English Release 18-December 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President of India congratulates ISRO for the successful launch of GSLV-MARK III
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM greets the citizens of Qatar on their National Day
- Prime Minister Congratulates scientists for successful launch of GSLV Mk-III.
- Election Commission
- Facts at a Glance: Jammu & Kashmir
- Min of Coal
- Mines under CIL
- Steps Proposed by the Government to Reduce Such Huge Imports of Coal
- Clean Energy Tax
- Min of Earth Science
- Cyclone Centres in Various Coastal States
- Ministry of Finance
- Amended Exchange Rate of Foreign Currency Relating to Imported and Export Goods Notified
- Government of India Signs Agreements with Germany worth Euro 625 Million for Financial Cooperation to Support “Green Energy Corridors (GEC)” Project under Indo German Bilateral Development Cooperation
- Min of Home Affairs
- Member of U.S. House of Representatives calls on Union Home Minister
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Views invited for proposals on Civil Services Examination
- No reduction in retirement age
- Officers belonging to SC/ST/OBC in All India Services
- ACC Appointments
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 57.29 per bbl on 17.12.2014
- Min of Power
- Government sets up an Independent Government Company-POSOCO for Reforms in Power Sector
- Min of Road Transport & Highways
- SUTP Expected to be Complete by November 2015
- New Transport Application to be Launched on a Common Portal
- Min of Steel
- Mines & Steel Minister Shri Narendra Singh Tomar Chairs Consultative Committee on Steel
Ministry of Information & Broadcasting29-November, 2012 18:41 IST
|World Cinema directors exchange their film making experiences at IFFI-2012 |
|The Palestinian director Annemarie Jacir of the film ‘When I Saw You’, Director Juan Carlos Maneglia of the Spanish-Guarani film ‘7 Boxes’, the director of the Japanese film ‘Éclair’, Akio Kondo and the Director of the Turkish film ‘Love and Revolution’ F.Serkan Acar, shared their experiences of film making and the film scenario in respective countries, during the press conference at the ‘Meet the Director’ section at the 43rd International Film Festival of India in Goa, today. |
The Palestinian director Annemarie Jacir of the film ‘When I Saw You’ who is living in Jordan revealed that refugees cannot be classified as rich or poor or good and bad. Refugees are refugees. While talking about her film, she said there are six million refugees in Jordan. Regarding the government funding of films she said, recently Arabs are funding for new-wave films.
The Spanish-Guarani film ‘7 Boxes’ by director Juan Carlos Maneglia is a thriller. While discussing about his film at the press conference Juan Carlos told that he never expected that the film would be shown in festivals. Stating that Paraguay does not produce many films, he said the film industry there doesn’t get any funding from the government either.
The director of the Japanese film ‘Éclair’, Akio Kondo told that Japan produces about 500 films a year. The film ‘Éclair’ is based on an autobiographical novel by Shigeru Nishimura. He also revealed that although government does not support the film industry, a cultural society extends help in producing movies. Replying to a question he said, there is no difference between art-house and commercial movies. He said, he believes that films can strengthen friendship between India and Japan.
The Director of the Turkish film ‘Love and Revolution’ F.Serkan Acar, said about 70-80 films are being shown in Istanbul annually and are being supported by the Turkish Cultural Ministry. He said that art-house films in Turkey are getting support even from France, Germany and Hungary. He said Turkish film industry has grown enormously during the last 10 years. A number of Television programmes are also being made in Turkey, he added.
(Release ID :89674)