English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi’s address at the ceremony held to rededicate, Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, in Mumbai
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Press Note
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh says Indian bureaucrats need constant re-orientation as they face new challenges every day
Ministry of Information & Broadcasting29-November, 2012 18:41 IST
|World Cinema directors exchange their film making experiences at IFFI-2012 |
|The Palestinian director Annemarie Jacir of the film ‘When I Saw You’, Director Juan Carlos Maneglia of the Spanish-Guarani film ‘7 Boxes’, the director of the Japanese film ‘Éclair’, Akio Kondo and the Director of the Turkish film ‘Love and Revolution’ F.Serkan Acar, shared their experiences of film making and the film scenario in respective countries, during the press conference at the ‘Meet the Director’ section at the 43rd International Film Festival of India in Goa, today. |
The Palestinian director Annemarie Jacir of the film ‘When I Saw You’ who is living in Jordan revealed that refugees cannot be classified as rich or poor or good and bad. Refugees are refugees. While talking about her film, she said there are six million refugees in Jordan. Regarding the government funding of films she said, recently Arabs are funding for new-wave films.
The Spanish-Guarani film ‘7 Boxes’ by director Juan Carlos Maneglia is a thriller. While discussing about his film at the press conference Juan Carlos told that he never expected that the film would be shown in festivals. Stating that Paraguay does not produce many films, he said the film industry there doesn’t get any funding from the government either.
The director of the Japanese film ‘Éclair’, Akio Kondo told that Japan produces about 500 films a year. The film ‘Éclair’ is based on an autobiographical novel by Shigeru Nishimura. He also revealed that although government does not support the film industry, a cultural society extends help in producing movies. Replying to a question he said, there is no difference between art-house and commercial movies. He said, he believes that films can strengthen friendship between India and Japan.
The Director of the Turkish film ‘Love and Revolution’ F.Serkan Acar, said about 70-80 films are being shown in Istanbul annually and are being supported by the Turkish Cultural Ministry. He said that art-house films in Turkey are getting support even from France, Germany and Hungary. He said Turkish film industry has grown enormously during the last 10 years. A number of Television programmes are also being made in Turkey, he added.
(Release ID :89674)