English Release 28-July 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President congratulates medal winners in
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Greets Citizens On Id-Ul-Fitr
- Election Commission
- Bye-elections to the State Legislative Council of Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra by the Members of Legislative Assembly
- Min of Defence
- BEL-Bangalore Complex Certified for ISO 27001
- Min of Environment and Forests
- Advertising campaign to be launched to popularize Science Express- Biodiversity Special- Prakash Javadekar
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- “Mass awareness required on simple steps to control diarrhoea”
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket increased marginally to
US$ 106.01 per bbl on 25.07.2014
- Min of Shipping
- Kanika Sands Transshipment Zone
- Min of Women and Child Development
- The Number of Beneficiaries Covered under ICPS on the Rise
- Total of 3924 Children placed in In-Country adoption during 2013-14
- Min of Youth Affairs & Sports
- India wins 5 Medals on Day 4 of the Commonwealth Games 2014
Ministry of Information & Broadcasting29-November, 2012 18:41 IST
|World Cinema directors exchange their film making experiences at IFFI-2012 |
|The Palestinian director Annemarie Jacir of the film ‘When I Saw You’, Director Juan Carlos Maneglia of the Spanish-Guarani film ‘7 Boxes’, the director of the Japanese film ‘Éclair’, Akio Kondo and the Director of the Turkish film ‘Love and Revolution’ F.Serkan Acar, shared their experiences of film making and the film scenario in respective countries, during the press conference at the ‘Meet the Director’ section at the 43rd International Film Festival of India in Goa, today. |
The Palestinian director Annemarie Jacir of the film ‘When I Saw You’ who is living in Jordan revealed that refugees cannot be classified as rich or poor or good and bad. Refugees are refugees. While talking about her film, she said there are six million refugees in Jordan. Regarding the government funding of films she said, recently Arabs are funding for new-wave films.
The Spanish-Guarani film ‘7 Boxes’ by director Juan Carlos Maneglia is a thriller. While discussing about his film at the press conference Juan Carlos told that he never expected that the film would be shown in festivals. Stating that Paraguay does not produce many films, he said the film industry there doesn’t get any funding from the government either.
The director of the Japanese film ‘Éclair’, Akio Kondo told that Japan produces about 500 films a year. The film ‘Éclair’ is based on an autobiographical novel by Shigeru Nishimura. He also revealed that although government does not support the film industry, a cultural society extends help in producing movies. Replying to a question he said, there is no difference between art-house and commercial movies. He said, he believes that films can strengthen friendship between India and Japan.
The Director of the Turkish film ‘Love and Revolution’ F.Serkan Acar, said about 70-80 films are being shown in Istanbul annually and are being supported by the Turkish Cultural Ministry. He said that art-house films in Turkey are getting support even from France, Germany and Hungary. He said Turkish film industry has grown enormously during the last 10 years. A number of Television programmes are also being made in Turkey, he added.
(Release ID :89674)