English Release 28-March 2015
- President's Secretariat
- President of India congratulates ISRO for the successful launch of PSLV-C27
- Press Communique
- President of India condoles the passing away of P R Kyndiah
- President of India condoles the passing away of Brig. T. Sailo
- Tribal Youth attending the Seventh Tribal Youth Exchange Programme call on the President
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM congratulates scientists on the launch of IRNSS-1D satellite
- PM congratulates Saina Nehwal on becoming World No. 1
- Sri Mata Amritanandamayi Devi calls on PM
- All party delegation of MPs from Tamil Nadu calls on PM
- PM tweets about his upcoming 3-nation tour
- PM greets the people on the occasion of Ram Navami
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Blood Sugar test mandatory for every pregnant woman: Dr. Jitendra Singh
- Min of Textiles
- India Carpet Expo 2015 attains new heights
Ministry of Tourism30-November, 2012 14:52 IST
|‘Earn While you Learn’ Scheme |
|The Ministry of Tourism has launched a Scheme titled ‘Earn While You Learn’ with a view to inculcate appropriate tourism travel traits and knowledge amongst trainees to enable them to work as ‘student volunteers’. |
The salient features of the Scheme are:
i. College-going students pursuing graduation courses or graduates in the age group of 18 to 25 years will be eligible for the training programme.
ii. The candidates are selected by following a transparent procedure.
iii. The duration of each programme is 21 working days.
iv. The course contents is finalized by the Ministry of Tourism/ implementing Institutes in consultation with stakeholders.
The Indian Institute of Tourism & Travel Management (IITTM), had been authorized to conduct the training programmes at its Centres in Gwalior, Delhi and Bhubaneshwar and one in the city of Hyderabad. Besides, the Jamia Milia Islamia University was also authorized to conduct a training programme at its campus in Delhi.
So far a total number of 3806 candidates have been trained under the scheme.
This information was given by the Union Minister for Tourism Dr. K. Chiranjeevi in a written reply in the Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :89699)