English Release 24-April 2014
- Election Commission
- List of Contesting Candidates for Parliamentry Constituences(for Poll Dates Till 24 th April)
- Min of Civil Aviation
Delhi Airport to Become Zero Diversionary Airport
- Min of Culture
- Festival of India in China – Launch of Logo, Release of Posters and Webpage
- Min of Earth Science
- IMD Releases Long Range Forecast for the 2014 Southwest Monsoon Season Rainfall
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2012
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket decline marginally to US$ 106.81 per bbl on 23.4.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- International Conference on - ‘Emerging Fire Protection Technologies for Rolling Stock’ Inaugurated
Ministry of Tourism30-November, 2012 14:52 IST
|‘Earn While you Learn’ Scheme |
|The Ministry of Tourism has launched a Scheme titled ‘Earn While You Learn’ with a view to inculcate appropriate tourism travel traits and knowledge amongst trainees to enable them to work as ‘student volunteers’. |
The salient features of the Scheme are:
i. College-going students pursuing graduation courses or graduates in the age group of 18 to 25 years will be eligible for the training programme.
ii. The candidates are selected by following a transparent procedure.
iii. The duration of each programme is 21 working days.
iv. The course contents is finalized by the Ministry of Tourism/ implementing Institutes in consultation with stakeholders.
The Indian Institute of Tourism & Travel Management (IITTM), had been authorized to conduct the training programmes at its Centres in Gwalior, Delhi and Bhubaneshwar and one in the city of Hyderabad. Besides, the Jamia Milia Islamia University was also authorized to conduct a training programme at its campus in Delhi.
So far a total number of 3806 candidates have been trained under the scheme.
This information was given by the Union Minister for Tourism Dr. K. Chiranjeevi in a written reply in the Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :89699)