English Release 17-September 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- Chinese President and First Lady visit Sabarmati Riverfront, accompanied by the PM
PM and Chinese President visit Sabarmati Ashram.
- PM and Chinese President Xi Jinping witness signing of 3 MoUs in Ahmedabad
- PM launches Swavlamban Abhiyaan - new pro-poor initiatives of the Gujarat Government
- Min of Agriculture
- Finance to 5 Lakh Joint Farming Groups of “Bhoomi Heen Kisan” through Nabard in the Current Financial Year
- Min of Commerce & Industry
Deputy USTR Meets Commerce Secretary
- India to be Partner Country in Hannover Messe Fair During April 2015
- Gilead Briefs Nirmala Sitharaman about their Licensing Agreements with Seven India-Based Generic Pharmaceutical Manufacturers
- Min of Defence
- Operation Megh Rahat : 17 sep 14
Restoration of connectivity
- Opening Ceremony : Exercise Yudh Abhyas 2014
- Ministry of Finance
- Bank of Maharashtra Celebrates its 80th Foundation Day; Crosses the Business Level of Rs 2 Lakh Crores
- CMD, IFCI Ltd. Presents A Dividend Cheque of Rs. 92.30 Crore to the Union Finance Minister
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Medical Relief Operation Stepped up in J&K
- Min of Home Affairs
- A delegation of Unified Naga Council calls on the Union Home Minister
- Union Minister for Surface Transport & Highways and Shipping Calls on Union Home Minister
- Uttarakhand Minister calls on Union Home Minister
- Union Home Minister to attend Sixth Meeting of SAARC Ministers of Interior / Home at Kathmandu
- Min of Labour & Employment
- Shri Narendra Singh Tomar presents Vishwakarma and Safety Awards
- Min of Micro,Small & Medium Enterprises
- Govt Lobbying Hard for Base Rate Interest Regime for MSME : Kalraj Mishra
- Min of Minority Affairs
- Dr.Najma Heptulla Announces Rs.120 Crore Relief and Rehabilitation Package for J&K Flood Victims
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas takes several measures to ensure availability of essential petroleum products in the aftermath of floods in the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Daily Crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 95.92/bbl on 16.09.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- Commodity-Wise Freight Revenue Earnings of Railways Goes Up by 16.70 Per Cent in August 2014 & 10.67 Per Cent During April-August 2014
- Min of Textiles
- Textiles Minister Honours 54 Women Achievers in Sericulture
- Min of Women and Child Development
- Press Note of Union Ministry of Women & Child Development
Ministry of Tourism30-November, 2012 14:52 IST
|‘Earn While you Learn’ Scheme |
|The Ministry of Tourism has launched a Scheme titled ‘Earn While You Learn’ with a view to inculcate appropriate tourism travel traits and knowledge amongst trainees to enable them to work as ‘student volunteers’. |
The salient features of the Scheme are:
i. College-going students pursuing graduation courses or graduates in the age group of 18 to 25 years will be eligible for the training programme.
ii. The candidates are selected by following a transparent procedure.
iii. The duration of each programme is 21 working days.
iv. The course contents is finalized by the Ministry of Tourism/ implementing Institutes in consultation with stakeholders.
The Indian Institute of Tourism & Travel Management (IITTM), had been authorized to conduct the training programmes at its Centres in Gwalior, Delhi and Bhubaneshwar and one in the city of Hyderabad. Besides, the Jamia Milia Islamia University was also authorized to conduct a training programme at its campus in Delhi.
So far a total number of 3806 candidates have been trained under the scheme.
This information was given by the Union Minister for Tourism Dr. K. Chiranjeevi in a written reply in the Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :89699)