English Release 28-July 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President congratulates medal winners in
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Greets Citizens On Id-Ul-Fitr
- Election Commission
- Bye-elections to the State Legislative Council of Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra by the Members of Legislative Assembly
- Min of Defence
- BEL-Bangalore Complex Certified for ISO 27001
- Min of Environment and Forests
- Advertising campaign to be launched to popularize Science Express- Biodiversity Special- Prakash Javadekar
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- “Mass awareness required on simple steps to control diarrhoea”
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket increased marginally to
US$ 106.01 per bbl on 25.07.2014
- Min of Shipping
- Kanika Sands Transshipment Zone
- Min of Women and Child Development
- The Number of Beneficiaries Covered under ICPS on the Rise
- Total of 3924 Children placed in In-Country adoption during 2013-14
- Min of Youth Affairs & Sports
- India wins 5 Medals on Day 4 of the Commonwealth Games 2014
Ministry of Tourism30-November, 2012 14:52 IST
|‘Earn While you Learn’ Scheme |
|The Ministry of Tourism has launched a Scheme titled ‘Earn While You Learn’ with a view to inculcate appropriate tourism travel traits and knowledge amongst trainees to enable them to work as ‘student volunteers’. |
The salient features of the Scheme are:
i. College-going students pursuing graduation courses or graduates in the age group of 18 to 25 years will be eligible for the training programme.
ii. The candidates are selected by following a transparent procedure.
iii. The duration of each programme is 21 working days.
iv. The course contents is finalized by the Ministry of Tourism/ implementing Institutes in consultation with stakeholders.
The Indian Institute of Tourism & Travel Management (IITTM), had been authorized to conduct the training programmes at its Centres in Gwalior, Delhi and Bhubaneshwar and one in the city of Hyderabad. Besides, the Jamia Milia Islamia University was also authorized to conduct a training programme at its campus in Delhi.
So far a total number of 3806 candidates have been trained under the scheme.
This information was given by the Union Minister for Tourism Dr. K. Chiranjeevi in a written reply in the Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :89699)