English Release 11-March 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President of India presents standard to 112 HU and colours to 4 BRD of Indian Air Force
- Election Commission
- Fact Sheet on Haryana
- Fact Sheet on Andaman & Nicobar Islands
- Fact Sheet on Chandigarh
- Election Expenditure per elector up by twenty times in 2009 compared to first General Elections
- Fact Sheet on NCT of Delhi
- Press Note
- Min of Civil Aviation
- India Aviation – 2014 : A Curtain Raiser
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- India’s Foreign Trade: February, 2014
- Min of Culture
- 124th Foundation Day Celebrations of National Archives of India
- Ministry of Finance
CBEC Denies any Holding of Customs, Excise Duty and Service Tax Refunds/Drawbacks
- Min of Home Affairs
National Workshop on Civil Registration
- Min of New and Renewable Energy
- India and Sudan Agree to Promote Cooperation in Renewable Energy
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Civil Services (Main) Examination,2013- Result Declared
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket declines to 105.46 per bbl on 10.3.2014
- Planning Commission
- India-US Energy Dialogue
Ministry of Tourism30-November, 2012 14:52 IST
|‘Earn While you Learn’ Scheme |
|The Ministry of Tourism has launched a Scheme titled ‘Earn While You Learn’ with a view to inculcate appropriate tourism travel traits and knowledge amongst trainees to enable them to work as ‘student volunteers’. |
The salient features of the Scheme are:
i. College-going students pursuing graduation courses or graduates in the age group of 18 to 25 years will be eligible for the training programme.
ii. The candidates are selected by following a transparent procedure.
iii. The duration of each programme is 21 working days.
iv. The course contents is finalized by the Ministry of Tourism/ implementing Institutes in consultation with stakeholders.
The Indian Institute of Tourism & Travel Management (IITTM), had been authorized to conduct the training programmes at its Centres in Gwalior, Delhi and Bhubaneshwar and one in the city of Hyderabad. Besides, the Jamia Milia Islamia University was also authorized to conduct a training programme at its campus in Delhi.
So far a total number of 3806 candidates have been trained under the scheme.
This information was given by the Union Minister for Tourism Dr. K. Chiranjeevi in a written reply in the Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :89699)