English Release 22-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President’s Diwali greetings
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Greets People on Deepawali
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM shares the link of his page for Diwali wishes
- Min of Culture
- Former Chief Election Commissioner, Shri N Gopalaswami appointed as Chairman of Kalakshetra Foundation Chennai
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 83.73 per bbl on 21.10.2014
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India won 3 Medals at 2nd Asian Para Games 2014 on 21st October, 2014
Ministry of Tourism30-November, 2012 14:52 IST
|‘Earn While you Learn’ Scheme |
|The Ministry of Tourism has launched a Scheme titled ‘Earn While You Learn’ with a view to inculcate appropriate tourism travel traits and knowledge amongst trainees to enable them to work as ‘student volunteers’. |
The salient features of the Scheme are:
i. College-going students pursuing graduation courses or graduates in the age group of 18 to 25 years will be eligible for the training programme.
ii. The candidates are selected by following a transparent procedure.
iii. The duration of each programme is 21 working days.
iv. The course contents is finalized by the Ministry of Tourism/ implementing Institutes in consultation with stakeholders.
The Indian Institute of Tourism & Travel Management (IITTM), had been authorized to conduct the training programmes at its Centres in Gwalior, Delhi and Bhubaneshwar and one in the city of Hyderabad. Besides, the Jamia Milia Islamia University was also authorized to conduct a training programme at its campus in Delhi.
So far a total number of 3806 candidates have been trained under the scheme.
This information was given by the Union Minister for Tourism Dr. K. Chiranjeevi in a written reply in the Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :89699)