English Release 17-April 2014
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Addresses at Golden Jubilee and 48th Convocation of the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- Commerce Secretary to Lead High-Level Delegation to India Show in Hong Kong
- Min of Defence
Indian Air Force Placement Cell (IAFPC) and Monster India Collaborate to Foster Job Opportunities for Retired Air Warriors
Admiral RK Dhowan PVSM, AVSM, YSM
- Admiral RK Dhowan Appointed the New CNS
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket increased to US$ 107.50 per bbl on 16.4.2014
- Ministry of Railways
Commodity-Wise Freight Revenue Earnings During Fiscal 2013-14
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Storage of Important Reservoirs in the Country (As on 27 March 2014)
Ministry of Minority Affairs30-November, 2012 16:40 IST
|Vacancies in Minority Institutions |
| There are no minority institutions under the administrative control of this Ministry. However, the minority institutions under Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) have the following vacancies given against their sanctioned strength:- |
• 148 vacancies out of 284 sanctioned posts in Maulana Azad National Urdu University (MANUU);
• 134 vacancies out of 824 sanctioned posts in Jamia Millia Islamia; and
• 378 vacancies out of 1887 sanctioned posts in Aligarh Muslim Univiersity.
The vacancies are not unique to the minority institutions only but overall there is a shortage of staff to the tune of about 30% in other Universities in the country.
The main reasons behind these vacancies being not filled are due to the fact that lesser number of qualified candidates were opting for the teaching posts due to various reasons like (i) lower pay scale, (ii) longer time required for attaining higher qualification for faculty positions i.e. attaining the qualification of Post graduation and Doctoral study for university and college level teaching positions.
The Central Government had revised the pay scales of teachers in Central Universities and Colleges thereunder in order to attract and retain talent in the teaching profession. In discharging its constitutional responsibility, the Central Government had decided to continue to provide financial assistance to the State Government who wish to adopt and implement the Scheme of Revision of Pay Scales of University and College Teachers.
This was stated by Sh K. Rahman khan, the Union Minister of Minority Affairs in response to a written question in Lok Sabha on 22nd November, 2012.
(Release ID :89728)