English Release 22-November 2014
- President's Secretariat
- State Civil Service Officers Undergoing the 116th Induction Training Programme At Lbsnaa Call On The President
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Emphasizes the Need for Continual Oversight to Ensure that Liberty is not Smothered in Material Prosperit
- Min of Defence
- National Cadet Corps Celebrates 66th Anniversary
- Ministry of Finance
- Competition Commission of India (CCI) Invites Comments from Public in Respect of Proposed Combination Between Holcim Limited and Lafarge S.A.
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Press Note on Ebola
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- Team Of ‘Gour Hari Dastaan: The Freedom File’ Meets the Press at the 45TH IFFI
- Directors and Producers of Indian Panorama Opening Films in the 45th IFFI Interact with the Media
- Indian Philosophy of Mutual Respect and Love are My Source of Inspiration: Paul Cox
- ‘Salam Cinema’ Screening Opens Mohsen Makhmalbaf Retro
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Review of Modified DBTL scheme after one week of launch on 15.11.14 in 54 districts
- Min of Urban Development
- Venkaiah Naidu, Urban Development Minister, delivers Keynote Address at US – India Smart Cities Conclave
- Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu visits market, residential areas in R K Puram, New Delhi to check cleanliness
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Government to Start Jal Gram Scheme in Every District Says Uma Bharti
- Our District-Our Water Programme to be Launched to take the Message of Water Conservation to Every Village of the Country-Uma Bharti
Ministry of Minority Affairs30-November, 2012 16:40 IST
|Vacancies in Minority Institutions |
| There are no minority institutions under the administrative control of this Ministry. However, the minority institutions under Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) have the following vacancies given against their sanctioned strength:- |
• 148 vacancies out of 284 sanctioned posts in Maulana Azad National Urdu University (MANUU);
• 134 vacancies out of 824 sanctioned posts in Jamia Millia Islamia; and
• 378 vacancies out of 1887 sanctioned posts in Aligarh Muslim Univiersity.
The vacancies are not unique to the minority institutions only but overall there is a shortage of staff to the tune of about 30% in other Universities in the country.
The main reasons behind these vacancies being not filled are due to the fact that lesser number of qualified candidates were opting for the teaching posts due to various reasons like (i) lower pay scale, (ii) longer time required for attaining higher qualification for faculty positions i.e. attaining the qualification of Post graduation and Doctoral study for university and college level teaching positions.
The Central Government had revised the pay scales of teachers in Central Universities and Colleges thereunder in order to attract and retain talent in the teaching profession. In discharging its constitutional responsibility, the Central Government had decided to continue to provide financial assistance to the State Government who wish to adopt and implement the Scheme of Revision of Pay Scales of University and College Teachers.
This was stated by Sh K. Rahman khan, the Union Minister of Minority Affairs in response to a written question in Lok Sabha on 22nd November, 2012.
(Release ID :89728)