English Release 18-May 2013
- Min of Labour & Employment
- 45th Session of the Indian Labour Conference Concludes with A Resolve to Provide Universal Social Security Coverage and Assured Pension to the Entire Working Population
Ministry of Minority Affairs30-November, 2012 16:40 IST
|Vacancies in Minority Institutions |
| There are no minority institutions under the administrative control of this Ministry. However, the minority institutions under Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) have the following vacancies given against their sanctioned strength:- |
• 148 vacancies out of 284 sanctioned posts in Maulana Azad National Urdu University (MANUU);
• 134 vacancies out of 824 sanctioned posts in Jamia Millia Islamia; and
• 378 vacancies out of 1887 sanctioned posts in Aligarh Muslim Univiersity.
The vacancies are not unique to the minority institutions only but overall there is a shortage of staff to the tune of about 30% in other Universities in the country.
The main reasons behind these vacancies being not filled are due to the fact that lesser number of qualified candidates were opting for the teaching posts due to various reasons like (i) lower pay scale, (ii) longer time required for attaining higher qualification for faculty positions i.e. attaining the qualification of Post graduation and Doctoral study for university and college level teaching positions.
The Central Government had revised the pay scales of teachers in Central Universities and Colleges thereunder in order to attract and retain talent in the teaching profession. In discharging its constitutional responsibility, the Central Government had decided to continue to provide financial assistance to the State Government who wish to adopt and implement the Scheme of Revision of Pay Scales of University and College Teachers.
This was stated by Sh K. Rahman khan, the Union Minister of Minority Affairs in response to a written question in Lok Sabha on 22nd November, 2012.
(Release ID :89728)