English Release 29-July 2014
- President's Secretariat
- PRESIDENT CONGRATULATES MEDAL WINNERS IN
- President of India’s greetings on Idu’l Fitr
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM addresses scientists at 86th ICAR Foundation Day
- PM greets Vice President on Eid-ul-Fitr
- PM greets people on Eid-ul-Fitr
- Min of Agriculture
- Prime Minister give Mantras of "Kam Zameen, Kam Samay, Zyaada Upaj","Per Drop, more Crop", and "Lab to Land"
- Min of Urban Development
- New urban development initiatives to address shortcomings of JNNURM
- Min of Youth Affairs & Sports
- Minister of Youth Affairs & Sports, Sarbananda Sonowal congratulates Indian medal winners on the 5th day in commonwealth Games 2014
Ministry of Agriculture30-November, 2012 16:48 IST
|Sanctions Under Grameen Bhandaran Yojana Exceed Target in X, XI Plans |
|Under Grameen Bhandaran Yojana, assistance is provided to cooperatives through National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC) for renovation of rural godowns. Assistance under the scheme has been provided for renovation of godowns of total capacity of 23.73 lakh MT in cooperative sector since inception. With effect from 20.10.2012, the normative cost of renovation of godowns in cooperative sector has been enhanced from Rs 625 per MT to Rs 750 per MT. |
The central sector scheme “Grameen Bhandaran Yojana” was launched with effect from 1.4.2001, with major objectives of creation of scientific storage capacity in rural areas for storing farm produce, prevention of distress sale and reduction of post-harvest losses. As per the report (2006) of independent evaluation of the scheme, carried out by Global Agri System Pvt. Ltd., principal objectives of the scheme have been met. As per the report, about 95% of godowns are used to store agriculture output, while 5% store both input and output. Commodities stored, are mainly local produce with major commodities being rice, wheat and pulses. During X Plan Period, storage capacity of 182.17 lakh MT has been sanctioned against the target of 121.00 lakh MT, while storage capacity of 135.01 lakh MT has been sanctioned against the target of 90.00 lakh MT during XI Plan period.
This information was given by Shri Tariq Anwar, Minister of State for Agriculture and Food Processing Industries in written reply to a question in the Rajya Sabha today.
MP: DS: CP: Bhandaran (30.11.2012)
(Release ID :89731)