English Release 1-September 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President of India’s message on the eve of National Day of Vietnam
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Meets Differently Abled Children from UMEED
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s keynote address at the luncheon hosted by Nippon Kiedanren – the Japanese Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the Japan-India Business Cooperation Committee
- Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s address during his visit to Taimei Elementary School in Tokyo, Japan
- PM’s keynote address at the luncheon hosted by Nippon Kiedanren – the Japanese Chamber of Commerce and Industry, and the Japan-India Business Cooperation Committee
- PM visits Taimei Elementary School in Tokyo
- Min of Agriculture
- Conditions for Import of Onion
- Min of Home Affairs
- Home Minister Denies Reports of Bilateral Talks with PAK Counterpart in Kathmandu
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Diesel Under-Recovery decreased to Rs 0.08/litre for the fortnight commencing 01.09.2014
- Min of Road Transport & Highways
“Road Traffic Act” to replace Motor Vehicles Act- 1988, says Gadkari
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare30-November, 2012 16:56 IST
|Misuse of Correction Fluids and Nailpaint Removers |
|In compliance of the directions of Punjab & Haryana High Court, Chandigarh in CWP No.1332 of 2010 - VyaktiVikasKenderVs Union of India and others on the issue of misuse by children / street children of correction fluid / thinner, which are chemical substances generally used in offices, and other similar chemical substances, as intoxicating substance / drug by inhaling them to get stimulating effects like drugs, the Government issued a Notification on 17.7.2012 for regulating the manufacture / trade of these chemical substances. All State / Union Territory Governments and various Central Ministries / Departments have been requested to take immediate necessary action for enforcement of the measures contained in the said notification, by sensitizing the industries producing them and the traders / shops distributing / selling them. The measures mentioned in the said notification to be enforced include: |
(i) Banning of production of bottled Correction Fluids as well as bottled Thinners, of any chemical composition, both for ink erasing purposes as well as for use as Nail Polish removers and similar other purposes for retail sale.
(ii) Banning of sale of bottled Correction Fluids as well as bottled Thinners, of any chemical composition, both for ink erasing purposes as well as for use as Nail Polish removers and similar other purposes.
(iii) Permitting sale of Correction Fluids as well as Thinners, of any chemical composition, both for ink erasing purposes as well as for use as Nail Polish removers and similar other purposes in the form of pens or similar devices which allow limited amounts of the chemicals to come out of those devices when used.
(iv) Mandatory warning should be made on the application devices (pens or otherwise) of correcting fluids / thinners regarding the effects on health on inhalation of vapor / consumption of the chemicals contained therein.
This information was given by Minister for Health & Family Welfare Shri Ghulam Nabi Azad in written reply to a question in the Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :89738)