English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare30-November, 2012 16:56 IST
|Misuse of Correction Fluids and Nailpaint Removers |
|In compliance of the directions of Punjab & Haryana High Court, Chandigarh in CWP No.1332 of 2010 - VyaktiVikasKenderVs Union of India and others on the issue of misuse by children / street children of correction fluid / thinner, which are chemical substances generally used in offices, and other similar chemical substances, as intoxicating substance / drug by inhaling them to get stimulating effects like drugs, the Government issued a Notification on 17.7.2012 for regulating the manufacture / trade of these chemical substances. All State / Union Territory Governments and various Central Ministries / Departments have been requested to take immediate necessary action for enforcement of the measures contained in the said notification, by sensitizing the industries producing them and the traders / shops distributing / selling them. The measures mentioned in the said notification to be enforced include: |
(i) Banning of production of bottled Correction Fluids as well as bottled Thinners, of any chemical composition, both for ink erasing purposes as well as for use as Nail Polish removers and similar other purposes for retail sale.
(ii) Banning of sale of bottled Correction Fluids as well as bottled Thinners, of any chemical composition, both for ink erasing purposes as well as for use as Nail Polish removers and similar other purposes.
(iii) Permitting sale of Correction Fluids as well as Thinners, of any chemical composition, both for ink erasing purposes as well as for use as Nail Polish removers and similar other purposes in the form of pens or similar devices which allow limited amounts of the chemicals to come out of those devices when used.
(iv) Mandatory warning should be made on the application devices (pens or otherwise) of correcting fluids / thinners regarding the effects on health on inhalation of vapor / consumption of the chemicals contained therein.
This information was given by Minister for Health & Family Welfare Shri Ghulam Nabi Azad in written reply to a question in the Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :89738)