English Release 19-June 2013
- Presidents Secretariat
- President of India to visit Tripura from June 20 to 21
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM announces 1000 crore rupee disaster relief for Uttarakhand
- PM congratulates President-elect Rowhani of Iran
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
Extension of time for receiving comments on draft amendments to the Interconnection Regulations applicable for Digital Addressable Cable Television Systems (DAS) and Tariff Order applicable for all addressable systems
- Min of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution
National Consumer Helpline Records 12,704 Calls in may, 2013
- Min of Defence
- Armed Forces Mount Massive Relief Operations in Uttarakhand and Himachal
- Ministry of Finance
Government Approves 1 Proposal of Foreign Direct Investment Amounting to About Rs.7.00 Crore
- India and World Bank Sign Us$ 216 Million Agreement
for Kerala State Transport Project
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Smt. Santosh Chowdhary takes over as Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare
- Min of Human Resource Development
- MoS for HRD Shri Jitin Prasada visits Seoul International Book Fair (SIBF) 2013
- HRD Ministry to Strengthen Monitoring System of Mid Day Meal Scheme
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- MoPNG rebuts allegations regarding KG D-6 Field
- International crude oil price of Indian Basket declines to
103.20/US$ bbl on 18.6.2013
- Ministry of Railways
- Commodity-Wise Freight Revenue by Railways Goes up by 8.66 Per Cent During April-May 2013
- Shri Mallikarjun Kharge Takes Over as Minister of Railways
- Min of Shipping
Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust Signs Concession Agreement with M/s. Nhava Sheva (India) Gateway Terminal Pvt. Ltd
- Min of Textiles
- K S Rao Takes Charge as New Textiles Minister
- Ministry of Tourism
- Tourism Minister Announces New Campaign to Promote Himalayas
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare30-November, 2012 16:59 IST
|Sale of Government Procured Medicines |
|There have not been any such reports from the Government hospitals under administrative control of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. However, Delhi police has arrested some CGHS officials for investigation on the charges of selling of stolen CGHS medicines in the open market during the last three years as indicated below. |
2009 – Shri Revati Prasad Sharma, Pharmacist / Storekeeper, Vivek Vihar dispensary and Shri Mithun Tyagi, Computer Operator, Yamuna Vihar Wellness Centre.
2010 – Nil
2011 – Five officials of various CGHS dispensaries : S/Shri Attar Singh Mastwal, Pharmacist/Storekeeper, Ravinder Kumar, Pharmacist, Krishan Kumar Pharmacist, Sunil Kumar, Pharmacist and Bachcha Singh,Dresser.
The services of Shri Mithun Tyagi have been terminated. Departmental Enquiry against Shri Revati Prasad Sharma has been completed and penalty imposed For the remaining five officials, Departmental enquiry has been instituted as per rule.
In April, 2012 one such case has also been reported from CGHS dispensary, Kamla Nehru Nagar, Ghaziabad regarding pilferage of medicines by some CGHS officials. After a preliminary enquiry appropriate preventive action have been taken against the officers at fault. Detailed enquiry is on
Another case of pilferage of medicines came into notice in the South Avenue Dispensary in middle of 2012. After a preliminary enquiry appropriate preventive action has been taken and the officials concerned have been placed under suspension in July, 2012. CBI is investigating into the matter
As regards hospitals, medicines procured by the hospitals are physically inspected by Inspection Committee after which entries are made in stock ledgers. Medicines are issued to the concerned unit of the department only after getting a proper indent duly signed by the competent authority. Annual Physical Verification of the stock is done. All medicines/IV fluids are marked “ Hospital supply not for sale”. Medicines are issued to OPD patient only on the prescription of the doctor of the hospital.
So far as CGHS is concerned, to check pilferage of medicines from CGHS dispensaries, detailed instructions have been issued to all CMOs I/c vide Circular dated 10th August, 2011
Recently, SMS Alert system has also been introduced to check pilferage of CGHS medicines. Under this system SMS messages are generated electronically and sent to the beneficiaries as soon as medicines are issued from the dispensary against the CGHS cards issued to him and his family members. This is a deterrent against fraudulent use of CGHS cards by other persons.
This information was given by Minister for Health & Family Welfare Shri Ghulam Nabi Azad in written reply to a question in the Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :89741)