English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi’s address at the ceremony held to rededicate, Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, in Mumbai
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Press Note
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh says Indian bureaucrats need constant re-orientation as they face new challenges every day
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare30-November, 2012 16:59 IST
|Sale of Government Procured Medicines |
|There have not been any such reports from the Government hospitals under administrative control of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. However, Delhi police has arrested some CGHS officials for investigation on the charges of selling of stolen CGHS medicines in the open market during the last three years as indicated below. |
2009 – Shri Revati Prasad Sharma, Pharmacist / Storekeeper, Vivek Vihar dispensary and Shri Mithun Tyagi, Computer Operator, Yamuna Vihar Wellness Centre.
2010 – Nil
2011 – Five officials of various CGHS dispensaries : S/Shri Attar Singh Mastwal, Pharmacist/Storekeeper, Ravinder Kumar, Pharmacist, Krishan Kumar Pharmacist, Sunil Kumar, Pharmacist and Bachcha Singh,Dresser.
The services of Shri Mithun Tyagi have been terminated. Departmental Enquiry against Shri Revati Prasad Sharma has been completed and penalty imposed For the remaining five officials, Departmental enquiry has been instituted as per rule.
In April, 2012 one such case has also been reported from CGHS dispensary, Kamla Nehru Nagar, Ghaziabad regarding pilferage of medicines by some CGHS officials. After a preliminary enquiry appropriate preventive action have been taken against the officers at fault. Detailed enquiry is on
Another case of pilferage of medicines came into notice in the South Avenue Dispensary in middle of 2012. After a preliminary enquiry appropriate preventive action has been taken and the officials concerned have been placed under suspension in July, 2012. CBI is investigating into the matter
As regards hospitals, medicines procured by the hospitals are physically inspected by Inspection Committee after which entries are made in stock ledgers. Medicines are issued to the concerned unit of the department only after getting a proper indent duly signed by the competent authority. Annual Physical Verification of the stock is done. All medicines/IV fluids are marked “ Hospital supply not for sale”. Medicines are issued to OPD patient only on the prescription of the doctor of the hospital.
So far as CGHS is concerned, to check pilferage of medicines from CGHS dispensaries, detailed instructions have been issued to all CMOs I/c vide Circular dated 10th August, 2011
Recently, SMS Alert system has also been introduced to check pilferage of CGHS medicines. Under this system SMS messages are generated electronically and sent to the beneficiaries as soon as medicines are issued from the dispensary against the CGHS cards issued to him and his family members. This is a deterrent against fraudulent use of CGHS cards by other persons.
This information was given by Minister for Health & Family Welfare Shri Ghulam Nabi Azad in written reply to a question in the Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :89741)