English Release 17-September 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- Chinese President and First Lady visit Sabarmati Riverfront, accompanied by the PM
PM and Chinese President visit Sabarmati Ashram.
- PM and Chinese President Xi Jinping witness signing of 3 MoUs in Ahmedabad
- PM launches Swavlamban Abhiyaan - new pro-poor initiatives of the Gujarat Government
- Min of Agriculture
- Finance to 5 Lakh Joint Farming Groups of “Bhoomi Heen Kisan” through Nabard in the Current Financial Year
- Min of Commerce & Industry
Deputy USTR Meets Commerce Secretary
- India to be Partner Country in Hannover Messe Fair During April 2015
- Gilead Briefs Nirmala Sitharaman about their Licensing Agreements with Seven India-Based Generic Pharmaceutical Manufacturers
- Min of Defence
- Operation Megh Rahat : 17 sep 14
Restoration of connectivity
- Opening Ceremony : Exercise Yudh Abhyas 2014
- Ministry of Finance
- Bank of Maharashtra Celebrates its 80th Foundation Day; Crosses the Business Level of Rs 2 Lakh Crores
- CMD, IFCI Ltd. Presents A Dividend Cheque of Rs. 92.30 Crore to the Union Finance Minister
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Medical Relief Operation Stepped up in J&K
- Min of Home Affairs
- A delegation of Unified Naga Council calls on the Union Home Minister
- Union Minister for Surface Transport & Highways and Shipping Calls on Union Home Minister
- Uttarakhand Minister calls on Union Home Minister
- Union Home Minister to attend Sixth Meeting of SAARC Ministers of Interior / Home at Kathmandu
- Min of Labour & Employment
- Shri Narendra Singh Tomar presents Vishwakarma and Safety Awards
- Min of Micro,Small & Medium Enterprises
- Govt Lobbying Hard for Base Rate Interest Regime for MSME : Kalraj Mishra
- Min of Minority Affairs
- Dr.Najma Heptulla Announces Rs.120 Crore Relief and Rehabilitation Package for J&K Flood Victims
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas takes several measures to ensure availability of essential petroleum products in the aftermath of floods in the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Daily Crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 95.92/bbl on 16.09.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- Commodity-Wise Freight Revenue Earnings of Railways Goes Up by 16.70 Per Cent in August 2014 & 10.67 Per Cent During April-August 2014
- Min of Textiles
- Textiles Minister Honours 54 Women Achievers in Sericulture
- Min of Women and Child Development
- Press Note of Union Ministry of Women & Child Development
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare30-November, 2012 16:59 IST
|Sale of Government Procured Medicines |
|There have not been any such reports from the Government hospitals under administrative control of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. However, Delhi police has arrested some CGHS officials for investigation on the charges of selling of stolen CGHS medicines in the open market during the last three years as indicated below. |
2009 – Shri Revati Prasad Sharma, Pharmacist / Storekeeper, Vivek Vihar dispensary and Shri Mithun Tyagi, Computer Operator, Yamuna Vihar Wellness Centre.
2010 – Nil
2011 – Five officials of various CGHS dispensaries : S/Shri Attar Singh Mastwal, Pharmacist/Storekeeper, Ravinder Kumar, Pharmacist, Krishan Kumar Pharmacist, Sunil Kumar, Pharmacist and Bachcha Singh,Dresser.
The services of Shri Mithun Tyagi have been terminated. Departmental Enquiry against Shri Revati Prasad Sharma has been completed and penalty imposed For the remaining five officials, Departmental enquiry has been instituted as per rule.
In April, 2012 one such case has also been reported from CGHS dispensary, Kamla Nehru Nagar, Ghaziabad regarding pilferage of medicines by some CGHS officials. After a preliminary enquiry appropriate preventive action have been taken against the officers at fault. Detailed enquiry is on
Another case of pilferage of medicines came into notice in the South Avenue Dispensary in middle of 2012. After a preliminary enquiry appropriate preventive action has been taken and the officials concerned have been placed under suspension in July, 2012. CBI is investigating into the matter
As regards hospitals, medicines procured by the hospitals are physically inspected by Inspection Committee after which entries are made in stock ledgers. Medicines are issued to the concerned unit of the department only after getting a proper indent duly signed by the competent authority. Annual Physical Verification of the stock is done. All medicines/IV fluids are marked “ Hospital supply not for sale”. Medicines are issued to OPD patient only on the prescription of the doctor of the hospital.
So far as CGHS is concerned, to check pilferage of medicines from CGHS dispensaries, detailed instructions have been issued to all CMOs I/c vide Circular dated 10th August, 2011
Recently, SMS Alert system has also been introduced to check pilferage of CGHS medicines. Under this system SMS messages are generated electronically and sent to the beneficiaries as soon as medicines are issued from the dispensary against the CGHS cards issued to him and his family members. This is a deterrent against fraudulent use of CGHS cards by other persons.
This information was given by Minister for Health & Family Welfare Shri Ghulam Nabi Azad in written reply to a question in the Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :89741)