English Release 1-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Message to the Nation from the President on the eve of Gandhi Jayanti
- President Expresses condolences over loss of lives due to collision of trains near Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh
- President’s Durga Puja Greetings
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Confers ‘Sir Ross Masood Lifetime Achievement Award for Excellence in Leadership, Education, Community & Public Service-2014’ to Shri Saiyid Hamid
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM expresses condolences over loss of lives due to collision of trains near Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh
- Text of Remarks by Prime Minister Narendra Modi
at the Joint Press Briefing with President Barack Obama
- English Rendering of Remarks by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at the Joint Press Briefing with President Barack Obama
- Joint Statement during the visit of Prime Minister to USA
- Min of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution
- Ram Villas Paswan undertakes surprise checks to see cleanliness in his Ministry
- Min of Defence
- Air Marshal Jajgeet Singh takes over as
Air Officer-in-Charge maintenance at Air Headquarters
- 24th Edition of Ind-Indo Corpat Concludes
- Ministry of Finance
- Repayment of 7.56% Government Stock 2014 and 11.83% Government Stock 2014 on November 03, 2014 and November 12, 2014 Respectively
- Min of New and Renewable Energy
MOU Signed for First Ever Offshore Wind Power Project in India
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Early closure of some Government Offices today
- The President of India authorises Shri Rajiv as Central Vigilance Commissioner
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Daily Crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 95.34/bbl on 30.09.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- Railway Minister Expresses Profound Grief Over the Loss of Innocent Train Accident Near Gorakhpur in Uttar Pradesh
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- ‘Punarjagaran’- Mass Awakening Campaign for youth to be launched on 2nd October, 2014
- India’s Performance on Day 12 of Asian Games 2014
Ministry of Labour & Employment30-November, 2012 17:07 IST
|Consumer Price Index Numbers for Industrial Workers (CPI-IW) October 2012|
|The All-India CPI-IW for October, 2012 rose by 2 points and pegged at 217 (two hundred and seventeen). On 1-month percentage change, it increased by 0.93 per cent between September and October compared with 0.51 per cent between the same two months a year ago. |
The largest upward contribution to the change in current index came from food items which increased by 0.43 per cent, contributing 0.45 percentage points to the total change. At item level, largest upward pressure came from Rice, Wheat & Wheat Atta, Milk, Tea (readymade), Snack Saltish, Snack Sweet, Onion, etc. The other items like Cooking Gas, Electricity Charges, Fire wood, Medicine (Allopathic), Doctors’ Fee, Bus Fare, Cinema Charges, etc. also put upward pressure in total change.
The largest downward contribution to the change in current index came from Oils and Fats with a decline of 1.08 per cent, contributing (-) 0.10 percentage points to the total change. The main downward pressure came from Groundnut Oil, Coconut Oil, Vanaspati Ghee and Palm Oil.
The year-on-year inflation measured by monthly CPI-IW stood at 9.60 per cent for October, 2012 as compared to 9.14 per cent for the previous month and 9.39 per cent during the corresponding month of the previous year. Similarly, the Food inflation stood at 9.91 per cent against 11.00 per cent of the previous month and 8.72 per cent during the corresponding month of the previous year.
At centre level, Monger Jamalpur and Siliguri recorded the largest increase of 6 points each followed by Labac Silchar, Guntur, Salem, Jharia, Coimbatore, Sholapur, Jalpaiguri, Kodarma, Mariani Jorhat, Bengluru and Tripura (4 points each). Among others, 3 points rise was registered in 7 centres followed by 2 points in 21 centres and 1 point in 11 centres. Hubli Dharwar centre reported a decline of 4 points followed by Goa with 3 points, Chennai and Varanasi with 2 points each and other 6 centres registered a fall of 1 point. Rest of the 16 centres’ indices remained stationary.
The indices of 38 centres are above All-India Index and other 39 centres’ indices are below national average. Bokaro’s index remained at par with all-India index.
The next index of CPI-IW for the month of November, 2012 will be released on Monday, December 31, 2012.
(Release ID :89744)