English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi’s address at the ceremony held to rededicate, Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, in Mumbai
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Press Note
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh says Indian bureaucrats need constant re-orientation as they face new challenges every day
Ministry of Labour & Employment30-November, 2012 17:07 IST
|Consumer Price Index Numbers for Industrial Workers (CPI-IW) October 2012|
|The All-India CPI-IW for October, 2012 rose by 2 points and pegged at 217 (two hundred and seventeen). On 1-month percentage change, it increased by 0.93 per cent between September and October compared with 0.51 per cent between the same two months a year ago. |
The largest upward contribution to the change in current index came from food items which increased by 0.43 per cent, contributing 0.45 percentage points to the total change. At item level, largest upward pressure came from Rice, Wheat & Wheat Atta, Milk, Tea (readymade), Snack Saltish, Snack Sweet, Onion, etc. The other items like Cooking Gas, Electricity Charges, Fire wood, Medicine (Allopathic), Doctors’ Fee, Bus Fare, Cinema Charges, etc. also put upward pressure in total change.
The largest downward contribution to the change in current index came from Oils and Fats with a decline of 1.08 per cent, contributing (-) 0.10 percentage points to the total change. The main downward pressure came from Groundnut Oil, Coconut Oil, Vanaspati Ghee and Palm Oil.
The year-on-year inflation measured by monthly CPI-IW stood at 9.60 per cent for October, 2012 as compared to 9.14 per cent for the previous month and 9.39 per cent during the corresponding month of the previous year. Similarly, the Food inflation stood at 9.91 per cent against 11.00 per cent of the previous month and 8.72 per cent during the corresponding month of the previous year.
At centre level, Monger Jamalpur and Siliguri recorded the largest increase of 6 points each followed by Labac Silchar, Guntur, Salem, Jharia, Coimbatore, Sholapur, Jalpaiguri, Kodarma, Mariani Jorhat, Bengluru and Tripura (4 points each). Among others, 3 points rise was registered in 7 centres followed by 2 points in 21 centres and 1 point in 11 centres. Hubli Dharwar centre reported a decline of 4 points followed by Goa with 3 points, Chennai and Varanasi with 2 points each and other 6 centres registered a fall of 1 point. Rest of the 16 centres’ indices remained stationary.
The indices of 38 centres are above All-India Index and other 39 centres’ indices are below national average. Bokaro’s index remained at par with all-India index.
The next index of CPI-IW for the month of November, 2012 will be released on Monday, December 31, 2012.
(Release ID :89744)