English Release 19-June 2013
- Presidents Secretariat
- President of India to visit Tripura from June 20 to 21
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM announces 1000 crore rupee disaster relief for Uttarakhand
- PM congratulates President-elect Rowhani of Iran
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
Extension of time for receiving comments on draft amendments to the Interconnection Regulations applicable for Digital Addressable Cable Television Systems (DAS) and Tariff Order applicable for all addressable systems
- Min of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution
National Consumer Helpline Records 12,704 Calls in may, 2013
- Min of Defence
- Armed Forces Mount Massive Relief Operations in Uttarakhand and Himachal
- Ministry of Finance
Government Approves 1 Proposal of Foreign Direct Investment Amounting to About Rs.7.00 Crore
- India and World Bank Sign Us$ 216 Million Agreement
for Kerala State Transport Project
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Smt. Santosh Chowdhary takes over as Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare
- Min of Human Resource Development
- MoS for HRD Shri Jitin Prasada visits Seoul International Book Fair (SIBF) 2013
- HRD Ministry to Strengthen Monitoring System of Mid Day Meal Scheme
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- MoPNG rebuts allegations regarding KG D-6 Field
- International crude oil price of Indian Basket declines to
103.20/US$ bbl on 18.6.2013
- Ministry of Railways
- Commodity-Wise Freight Revenue by Railways Goes up by 8.66 Per Cent During April-May 2013
- Shri Mallikarjun Kharge Takes Over as Minister of Railways
- Min of Shipping
Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust Signs Concession Agreement with M/s. Nhava Sheva (India) Gateway Terminal Pvt. Ltd
- Min of Textiles
- K S Rao Takes Charge as New Textiles Minister
- Ministry of Tourism
- Tourism Minister Announces New Campaign to Promote Himalayas
Ministry of Labour & Employment30-November, 2012 17:07 IST
|Consumer Price Index Numbers for Industrial Workers (CPI-IW) October 2012|
|The All-India CPI-IW for October, 2012 rose by 2 points and pegged at 217 (two hundred and seventeen). On 1-month percentage change, it increased by 0.93 per cent between September and October compared with 0.51 per cent between the same two months a year ago. |
The largest upward contribution to the change in current index came from food items which increased by 0.43 per cent, contributing 0.45 percentage points to the total change. At item level, largest upward pressure came from Rice, Wheat & Wheat Atta, Milk, Tea (readymade), Snack Saltish, Snack Sweet, Onion, etc. The other items like Cooking Gas, Electricity Charges, Fire wood, Medicine (Allopathic), Doctors’ Fee, Bus Fare, Cinema Charges, etc. also put upward pressure in total change.
The largest downward contribution to the change in current index came from Oils and Fats with a decline of 1.08 per cent, contributing (-) 0.10 percentage points to the total change. The main downward pressure came from Groundnut Oil, Coconut Oil, Vanaspati Ghee and Palm Oil.
The year-on-year inflation measured by monthly CPI-IW stood at 9.60 per cent for October, 2012 as compared to 9.14 per cent for the previous month and 9.39 per cent during the corresponding month of the previous year. Similarly, the Food inflation stood at 9.91 per cent against 11.00 per cent of the previous month and 8.72 per cent during the corresponding month of the previous year.
At centre level, Monger Jamalpur and Siliguri recorded the largest increase of 6 points each followed by Labac Silchar, Guntur, Salem, Jharia, Coimbatore, Sholapur, Jalpaiguri, Kodarma, Mariani Jorhat, Bengluru and Tripura (4 points each). Among others, 3 points rise was registered in 7 centres followed by 2 points in 21 centres and 1 point in 11 centres. Hubli Dharwar centre reported a decline of 4 points followed by Goa with 3 points, Chennai and Varanasi with 2 points each and other 6 centres registered a fall of 1 point. Rest of the 16 centres’ indices remained stationary.
The indices of 38 centres are above All-India Index and other 39 centres’ indices are below national average. Bokaro’s index remained at par with all-India index.
The next index of CPI-IW for the month of November, 2012 will be released on Monday, December 31, 2012.
(Release ID :89744)