English Release 22-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President’s Diwali greetings
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Greets People on Deepawali
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM's 2nd "Mann Ki Baat" programme on 2nd November
- PM shares the link of his page for Diwali wishes
- Min of Culture
- Former Chief Election Commissioner, Shri N Gopalaswami appointed as Chairman of Kalakshetra Foundation Chennai
- Min of Defence
- Update on Su-30 Accident
- Min of Human Resource Development
- Ministry of Human Resource Development Launches All India Survey on Higher Education (AISHE) 2014-15
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- Government to commemorate Sardar Patel’s birthday on October 31 as ‘Rashtriya Ekta Divas’.
- Min of Micro,Small & Medium Enterprises
- The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises gets ISO 9001: 2008 Certificate
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 83.73 per bbl on 21.10.2014
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India won 3 Medals at 2nd Asian Para Games 2014 on 21st October, 2014
Ministry of Human Resource Development30-November, 2012 18:11 IST
|Learning Ability of Students|
|The National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT), an autonomous organisation under the Ministry of Human Resource Development, conducts periodic National Learners’ Achievement Surveys. Two rounds of the National Learners’ Achievement Survey for classes III, V & VIII and the third round of survey for class V have been conducted in 2001-2004, 2005-2008 and 2009-10 respectively, which reveal improvements in the overall learning levels of children in Mathematics and Language subjects in most States. |
To improve the learning levels of children, steps taken under the Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan include, inter alia, sanction of more than 19 lakh teachers to improve the Pupil-Teacher Ratio (PTR), sanction of 1,94,574 primary school buildings, 1,07,682 upper primary school buildings, more than 18 lakh additional classrooms to improve school infrastructure, as well as in-service training for teachers, regular academic support to teachers and schools as well as free text books to children.
Further, under the Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education (RTE), Act, 2009, the National Council of Teacher Education (NCTE) has notified the minimum qualifications and also made the holding of Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) mandatory to improve the quality/standard of teachers.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Human Resource Development, Dr. Shashi Tharoor in Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :89766)