English Release 17-April 2014
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Addresses at Golden Jubilee and 48th Convocation of the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- Commerce Secretary to Lead High-Level Delegation to India Show in Hong Kong
- Min of Defence
- Admiral RK Dhowan Appointed the New CNS
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket increased to US$ 107.50 per bbl on 16.4.2014
- Ministry of Railways
Commodity-Wise Freight Revenue Earnings During Fiscal 2013-14
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Storage of Important Reservoirs in the Country (As on 27 March 2014)
Ministry of Defence04-December, 2012 16:45 IST
|Purchase of Dornier Aircraft |
|There is a proposal to procure 14 Dornier Aircraft from M/s Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) for the purpose of training pilots of the Indian Air Force (IAF). Additionally, there is also a proposal to procure two more Dornier Aircraft, modified to calibrate navigational aids at IAF airfields from M/s HAL. Besides, Indian Navy has a plan to purchase 12 Dornier Aircraft from M/s HAL. |
Since Dornier Aircrafts are being manufactured indigenously by M/s HAL, these have not been purchased from any other country during past five years.
Dornier Transport aircraft are already being manufactured indigenously by M/s HAL since 1983-84.
This information was given by Defence Minister Shri AK Antony in a written reply to Shri PR Natarajan in Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :89867)