English Release 23-April 2014
- Election Commission
Overall Facts at A Glance of 6th Polling Day on 24th April, 2014
- Facts at a Glance: Jammu & Kashmir (6th Poll Day)
- Min of Civil Aviation
DGCA Allows Use of Cellphone During Flight
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Production Performance of Oil & Natural Gas sector for the month of March, 2014
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket increased to US$ 107.08 per bbl on 22.4.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- Mobile and Desktop APP on Windows 8.0 for National Train Enquiry System (NTES) Commenced
Ministry of Defence04-December, 2012 16:45 IST
|Purchase of Dornier Aircraft |
|There is a proposal to procure 14 Dornier Aircraft from M/s Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) for the purpose of training pilots of the Indian Air Force (IAF). Additionally, there is also a proposal to procure two more Dornier Aircraft, modified to calibrate navigational aids at IAF airfields from M/s HAL. Besides, Indian Navy has a plan to purchase 12 Dornier Aircraft from M/s HAL. |
Since Dornier Aircrafts are being manufactured indigenously by M/s HAL, these have not been purchased from any other country during past five years.
Dornier Transport aircraft are already being manufactured indigenously by M/s HAL since 1983-84.
This information was given by Defence Minister Shri AK Antony in a written reply to Shri PR Natarajan in Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :89867)