English Release 21-October 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM salutes the bravery of our policemen on Police Commemoration Day
- PM greets the nation on Dhanteras
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- ACC Appointments
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 84.12 per bbl on 20.10.2014
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India Won 2 Gold, 1silver & 3 Bronze at 2nd Asian Para Games 2014 on 20th October, 2014
Ministry of Defence04-December, 2012 16:45 IST
|Purchase of Dornier Aircraft |
|There is a proposal to procure 14 Dornier Aircraft from M/s Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) for the purpose of training pilots of the Indian Air Force (IAF). Additionally, there is also a proposal to procure two more Dornier Aircraft, modified to calibrate navigational aids at IAF airfields from M/s HAL. Besides, Indian Navy has a plan to purchase 12 Dornier Aircraft from M/s HAL. |
Since Dornier Aircrafts are being manufactured indigenously by M/s HAL, these have not been purchased from any other country during past five years.
Dornier Transport aircraft are already being manufactured indigenously by M/s HAL since 1983-84.
This information was given by Defence Minister Shri AK Antony in a written reply to Shri PR Natarajan in Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :89867)