English Release 23-April 2014
- Election Commission
Overall Facts at A Glance of 6th Polling Day on 24th April, 2014
- Facts at a Glance: Jammu & Kashmir (6th Poll Day)
- Min of Civil Aviation
DGCA Allows Use of Cellphone During Flight
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Production Performance of Oil & Natural Gas sector for the month of March, 2014
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket increased to US$ 107.08 per bbl on 22.4.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- Mobile and Desktop APP on Windows 8.0 for National Train Enquiry System (NTES) Commenced
Ministry of Defence04-December, 2012 16:53 IST
|Spending on Procurement |
|IAF proposes to spend on Capital procurements during the Twelfth Five Year Plan (2012-2017) which includes new inductions like Su-30MKI, Light Combat Aircraft (LCA), Medium Multi-Role Combat Aircraft (MMRCA), Very Heavy Transport Aircraft (VHETAC), Attack Helicopters, Heavy Lift Helicopters (HLH), Medium Lift Helicopters (MLH) and different missile systems among others.|
Funds are allocated specifically for each Financial Year and not for the entire Plan period. The funds demanded by the IAF for the Financial Year 2012-13 was Rs.36,950/- Crore and against this the amount allocated was Rs.30,514.45 Crore.
The proposal for procurement of 126 Medium Multi- Role Combat Aircrafts (MMRCA) is presently at contract negotiation stagewith M/s Dassault Aviation, France, who emerged as L1 vendor.
This information was given by Defence Minister Shri AK Antony in a written reply to Shri Kishnbhai V. Pateland Shri PradeepMajhiin Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :89880)