English Release 30-August 2014
- President's Secretariat
President of India’s Message on the Eve of National Day of Trinidad and Tobago
President of India’s Message on the Eve of National Day of Malaysia
- President of India to Attend 14th Convocation of the University of Jammu
- Prime Minister's Office
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi starts his Japan visit with a private dinner with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe
- PM arrives in Japan
- PM condoles the passing away of Shri Bipan Chandra
- Ministry of Finance
- Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana: No Burden on Banks Rather Makes A Reasonable Business Case for Them
- Steps Taken by the Government Starts Showing Results: GDP Shows A Growth Rate Of 5.7 Per Cent in Q1 Of 2014-15 Over the Corresponding Quarter of the Previous Year; Headline WPI Inflation Comes Down to 5.1 Per Cent in July 2014 Among Others
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Dr Harsh Vardhan witnesses grassroots health system dysfunction and
meets doctor couple with rare commitment
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- Environment and Progress Can Go Hand in Hand, Says Javadekar at the Convocation for Indian Forest Service Probationers in Dehradun
Ministry of Defence04-December, 2012 16:53 IST
|Spending on Procurement |
|IAF proposes to spend on Capital procurements during the Twelfth Five Year Plan (2012-2017) which includes new inductions like Su-30MKI, Light Combat Aircraft (LCA), Medium Multi-Role Combat Aircraft (MMRCA), Very Heavy Transport Aircraft (VHETAC), Attack Helicopters, Heavy Lift Helicopters (HLH), Medium Lift Helicopters (MLH) and different missile systems among others.|
Funds are allocated specifically for each Financial Year and not for the entire Plan period. The funds demanded by the IAF for the Financial Year 2012-13 was Rs.36,950/- Crore and against this the amount allocated was Rs.30,514.45 Crore.
The proposal for procurement of 126 Medium Multi- Role Combat Aircrafts (MMRCA) is presently at contract negotiation stagewith M/s Dassault Aviation, France, who emerged as L1 vendor.
This information was given by Defence Minister Shri AK Antony in a written reply to Shri Kishnbhai V. Pateland Shri PradeepMajhiin Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :89880)