English Release 17-April 2014
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Addresses at Golden Jubilee and 48th Convocation of the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- Commerce Secretary to Lead High-Level Delegation to India Show in Hong Kong
- Min of Defence
Indian Air Force Placement Cell (IAFPC) and Monster India Collaborate to Foster Job Opportunities for Retired Air Warriors
Admiral RK Dhowan PVSM, AVSM, YSM
- Admiral RK Dhowan Appointed the New CNS
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket increased to US$ 107.50 per bbl on 16.4.2014
- Ministry of Railways
Commodity-Wise Freight Revenue Earnings During Fiscal 2013-14
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Storage of Important Reservoirs in the Country (As on 27 March 2014)
Ministry of Defence04-December, 2012 16:53 IST
|Spending on Procurement |
|IAF proposes to spend on Capital procurements during the Twelfth Five Year Plan (2012-2017) which includes new inductions like Su-30MKI, Light Combat Aircraft (LCA), Medium Multi-Role Combat Aircraft (MMRCA), Very Heavy Transport Aircraft (VHETAC), Attack Helicopters, Heavy Lift Helicopters (HLH), Medium Lift Helicopters (MLH) and different missile systems among others.|
Funds are allocated specifically for each Financial Year and not for the entire Plan period. The funds demanded by the IAF for the Financial Year 2012-13 was Rs.36,950/- Crore and against this the amount allocated was Rs.30,514.45 Crore.
The proposal for procurement of 126 Medium Multi- Role Combat Aircrafts (MMRCA) is presently at contract negotiation stagewith M/s Dassault Aviation, France, who emerged as L1 vendor.
This information was given by Defence Minister Shri AK Antony in a written reply to Shri Kishnbhai V. Pateland Shri PradeepMajhiin Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :89880)