English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi’s address at the ceremony held to rededicate, Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, in Mumbai
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Press Note
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh says Indian bureaucrats need constant re-orientation as they face new challenges every day
Ministry of Home Affairs04-December, 2012 17:03 IST
| Illegal Immigrants |
|Detection and deportation of illegal immigrants in the country is a continuous process. Central Government is vested with powers to deport a foreign national illegally staying in the country under section 3(2)(c) of the Foreigners Act, 1946. The powers to identify and deport such illegally staying foreign nationals have also been delegated to the State Governments/Union Territory Administrations. A revised procedure for detection and deportation of illegal Bangladeshi immigrants has also been set out and circulated to the State Governments/Union Territory Administrations in November, 2009, which has been partially modified in February, 2011. The procedure includes sending back then and there, the illegal immigrants who are intercepted at the border while entering Indian unauthorisedly. |
Certain instances of some illegal immigrants having obtained ration cards, voter identity cards and driving licenses through fraudulent means have been reported. Statistical data of this nature is not centrally maintained. As and when such instances are detected, the State Governments/Union Territory Administrations concerned take necessary action for cancellation of such documents along with such other appropriate steps as mandated by the provisions of law.
This was stated by Shri Mullappally Ramachandran, Minister of State in the Ministry of Home Affairs in written reply to a question by Sh.Prataprao Ganpatrao Jadhao, Shri Syed Shahnawaz Hussain and Shri Mansukh Bhai D.Vasava in the Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :89894)