English Release 2-September 2014
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Inaugurates 89th Foundation Course at Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration in Mussoorie
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s remarks at the Indian Community Reception in Tokyo
Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s remarks after inaugurating the TCS Japan Technology and Culture Academy
- Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s keynote address at welcome reception hosted by Japan-India Association and Japan-India Parliamentary Friendship League
- PM inaugurates Vivekananda Cultural Centre at Indian Embassy in Tokyo
- PM’s remarks at the Indian Community Reception in Tokyo
- PM's keynote address at welcome reception hosted by Japan-India Association and Japan-India Parliamentary Friendship League
- Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s keynote address at event organized by Nikkei Inc. and Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO)
- PM's keynote address at event organized by Nikkei Inc. and Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO)
- Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s special lecture at the University of the Sacred Heart, Tokyo
- PM’s remarks after inaugurating the TCS Japan Technology and Culture Academy
- PM's special lecture at the University of the Sacred Heart, Tokyo
- Min of Agriculture
- Government puts Agriculture Sector on Fast Track
- Min of Defence
- Fast Patrol Vessel ICGS Abhiraj Commissioned at Tuticorin
- Min of Environment and Forests
- Initiatives of the Ministry of Environment, Forests & Climate Change
- Ministry of Finance
- A High Level Committee Constituted for Considering the Proposals for Assessment of Income arising or accruing before 1st April, 2012 on Account of Retrospective Amendments to the Provisions Related to Indirect Transfer
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Revised strategy for Kala Azar eradication launched
- Min of Home Affairs
- MHA Asks Manipur Govt to Take Preventive Steps in view of UNC Blockade
- Union Home Minister asks Kerala CM to take Strict action against Political Killings
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- I&B Ministry initiatives to enhance Outreach and information dissemination through multiple platforms
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Petroleum Minister emphasizes on adopting energy efficient techniques for better development of the nation
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 101.29 per bbl on 01.09.2014
- Min of Power
- Landmark Initiatives for Energy Efficiency Launched
- Min of Rural Development
- Sweeping changes made in MGNREGA by Nitin Gadkari
- Min of Science & Technology
- Atomic Energy Regulatory Board (AERB) Releases the Annual Report for the Year 2013-14
- MoU Signed between National Cancer Institute, AIIMS, Jhajjar Campus and DBT, GOI
- Dr Jitendra Singh Announces DBT Collaboration in Establishing A “National Cancer Institute” at Jhajjar, Haryana.
- Min of Tribal Affairs
- “Single Window System” for Obtaining Market Information on Minor Forest Produces Through Toll Free Number 1800 180 1551
Ministry of Home Affairs04-December, 2012 19:50 IST
|Joint Statement at the End of Home Minister Level talks between India and Bangladesh |
|The following Joint Statement was issued here today at the end of Home Minister level talks between Union Home Minister Shri Sushilkumar Shinde and Minister for Home Affairs of Bangladesh, Dr. Muhiuddin Khan Alamgir: |
“India and Bangladesh attach highest importance to their bilateral relations. Both leaders reiterated their commitment to further expand and strengthen mutual cooperation in the security and border related issues. Both the Home Ministers reaffirmed their commitment not to allow the territory of either country to be used for any activity inimical to each other’s interests.
Both sides noted with appreciation the cooperation between the two countries and the action taken to address the menace of terrorism and extremism in a more effective manner by both sides. It was agreed to enhance cooperation to address the security concerns and also to implement the Coordinated Border Management Plan (CBMP) signed between the two countries to control the illegal cross border activities. Both sides reviewed the functioning of the nodal points for sharing of information on security related matters and expressed satisfaction at its working.
Both sides noted that the action was being taken for repatriation of sentenced prisoners to either country under the agreement for transfer of sentenced prisoners. Both sides agreed to allow development work within 150 yards of zero line. Similarly, both sides agreed that Extradition Treaty, which is under consideration by both Governments, may be finalized at an early date. It was agreed that Revised Travel Agreement (RTA) as well as extradition treaty will be finalized and signed in January, 2013 during the proposed visit of Indian Home Minister to Dhaka.
Responding to the request of Bangladesh side for tracking, apprehending and handing over of the killers of the Father of the Nation of Bangladesh Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, India reassured them that it would extend all possible cooperation in this regard, if they are in India.
Incidents of deaths and loss of life on the border are extremely unfortunate and regrettable. We have put in place mechanisms which have greatly reduced the scope for such incidents and have strengthened mutual trust and goodwill among the border guarding forces and people living in the border areas. The number of such incidents has steadily come down in the last few years. However, even one loss of life is too many. To ensure that no incidents take place in future, India and Bangladesh must work jointly together and further enhance cooperation between our border guarding forces to eliminate illegal trans-border activities. Both sides agreed not to resort to firing unless fired upon or attacked by terrorists or armed criminals.
Both sides agreed to further enhance the level of cooperation and vigilance to control the smuggling of fake Indian currency notes. Both sides also discussed the urgency of stopping the smuggling of narcotics and psychotropic substances.
Both sides agreed that the next Home Minister level Talks would be held in Dhaka, in January, 2013.”
(Release ID :89933)