English Release 27-July 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President congratulates medal winners in
- President of India conveys condolences over death of seven persons in crash of an Advanced Light Helicopter of Indian Air Force
- Min of Earth Science
- Ministry of Earth Sciences Celebrates its Foundation Day
- Min of Shipping
- Policy for Growth of Indian Controlled Tonnage
- Min of Youth Affairs & Sports
- Minister of Youth Affairs & Sports, Sarbananda Sonowal congratulates Indian medal winners on the 3rd day in commonwealth Games 2014
Ministry of Defence05-December, 2012 14:49 IST
|Purchase of Fifteen Chinook Heavy-Lift Helicopters|
|In the proposal initiated by Indian Air Force (IAF) for procurement of 15 Heavy Lift Helicopters, M/s Boeing with Chinook Helicopter has emerged as the L1 Vendor. The cost of the Contract would depend upon outcome of the Contract negotiation with the L1 Vendor, which has not yet concluded. |
The Field Evaluation Trials for these Helicopters conducted by the Indian Air Force have found them to be compliant with all the stated Air Staff Qualitative Requirements (ASQRs). Divulging further details in this regard may not be in the interest of National security.
This information was given by Defence Minister Shri AK Antony in a written reply to Shrimati Jaya Bachchanin Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :89944)