English Release 30-August 2014
- President's Secretariat
President of India’s Message on the Eve of National Day of Trinidad and Tobago
President of India’s Message on the Eve of National Day of Malaysia
- President of India to Attend 14th Convocation of the University of Jammu
- Prime Minister's Office
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi starts his Japan visit with a private dinner with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe
- PM arrives in Japan
- PM condoles the passing away of Shri Bipan Chandra
- Ministry of Finance
- Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana: No Burden on Banks Rather Makes A Reasonable Business Case for Them
- Steps Taken by the Government Starts Showing Results: GDP Shows A Growth Rate Of 5.7 Per Cent in Q1 Of 2014-15 Over the Corresponding Quarter of the Previous Year; Headline WPI Inflation Comes Down to 5.1 Per Cent in July 2014 Among Others
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Dr Harsh Vardhan witnesses grassroots health system dysfunction and
meets doctor couple with rare commitment
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- Environment and Progress Can Go Hand in Hand, Says Javadekar at the Convocation for Indian Forest Service Probationers in Dehradun
Ministry of Defence05-December, 2012 14:55 IST
|Procurement of Defence Equipments|
|No approval has been given by this Ministry for the procurement of light support vehicles at a cost of Rs.1500/- crores for the Army. However, the Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) in its meeting held on 23.02.2012, accorded approval to the Acceptance of Necessity (AoN) for quantity 171 Light Strike Vehicles (LSV) (at a cost of Rs.82.08 crores for Para Special Forces of) for the Army and for the Navy. |
As regards special vessel for marine commandos of navy at a cost of Rs.1700/- crores, and relief and rescue equipments for air force helicopters at a cost of Rs.100/- crores, no such approval has been given by this Ministry.
Cadet training ships are not procured for the Army.
All Defence deals are carried out as per the Defence Procurement Procedure (DPP). This Procedure contains stringent provisions aimed at ensuring the highest degree of probity, public accountability and transparency.
This information was given by Defence Minister Shri AK Antony in a written reply to ShrimatiBimlaKashyapSood in Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :89950)