English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi’s address at the ceremony held to rededicate, Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, in Mumbai
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Press Note
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh says Indian bureaucrats need constant re-orientation as they face new challenges every day
Ministry of Defence05-December, 2012 14:55 IST
|Procurement of Defence Equipments|
|No approval has been given by this Ministry for the procurement of light support vehicles at a cost of Rs.1500/- crores for the Army. However, the Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) in its meeting held on 23.02.2012, accorded approval to the Acceptance of Necessity (AoN) for quantity 171 Light Strike Vehicles (LSV) (at a cost of Rs.82.08 crores for Para Special Forces of) for the Army and for the Navy. |
As regards special vessel for marine commandos of navy at a cost of Rs.1700/- crores, and relief and rescue equipments for air force helicopters at a cost of Rs.100/- crores, no such approval has been given by this Ministry.
Cadet training ships are not procured for the Army.
All Defence deals are carried out as per the Defence Procurement Procedure (DPP). This Procedure contains stringent provisions aimed at ensuring the highest degree of probity, public accountability and transparency.
This information was given by Defence Minister Shri AK Antony in a written reply to ShrimatiBimlaKashyapSood in Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :89950)