English Release 29-July 2014
- President's Secretariat
- PRESIDENT CONGRATULATES MEDAL WINNERS IN
- President of India’s greetings on Idu’l Fitr
- Prime Minister's Office
- CEO, Mitsubishi Corporation, calls on PM
- PM addresses scientists at 86th ICAR Foundation Day
- PM greets Vice President on Eid-ul-Fitr
- PM greets people on Eid-ul-Fitr
- Min of Agriculture
- Prime Minister give Mantras of "Kam Zameen, Kam Samay, Zyaada Upaj","Per Drop, more Crop", and "Lab to Land"
- Min of Urban Development
- New urban development initiatives to address shortcomings of JNNURM
- Min of Youth Affairs & Sports
- Minister of Youth Affairs & Sports, Sarbananda Sonowal congratulates Indian medal winners on the 5th day in commonwealth Games 2014
Ministry of Home Affairs05-December, 2012 18:21 IST
|Money Invested by Terrorists in Share Market|
|The financing operations in the stock markets are carried out through banking channels. The nature of the funds flowing into the stock markets would be reflected in the accounts opened with the banks together with the customer due diligence (CDD) norms applicable to such accounts. In addition, Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) registered intermediaries are required to follow stringent Know Your Customer (KYC) norms on an ongoing basis and are also required to file Suspicious Transaction Reports (STRs) to the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) in case of suspicious activities of their clients. |
As of now, no specific inputs that terrorists are investing money in share market and earning profits have been received from Securities Market Intermediaries. However, the STRs received from Securities Market Intermediaries suspected to be linked to financing of terrorism is subject to detailed assessment and examination by Central Intelligence and Investigation Agencies. This is a continuous / ongoing process.
This was stated by Shri R.P.N.Singh, Minister of State in the Ministry of Home Affairs in written reply to a question by Sh. Ravi Shankar Prasad in the Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :90020)